Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I believe dc is already heading in this direction but with a new generation Justice League, what that roster will look like we'll see.
    You mean like the Future State roster? I don't know what they're doing with the JL when Bendis leaves but I could totally see them leaning in that direction. I think it's pretty likely Jon will take his father's place on the roster if nothing else.

Maybe a FS type of roster would sell, I did enjoy the mini. But I dunno if that'd work long term; it was just a team of Big 7 legacies and I'm not convinced that would be seen as anything other than Justice League Junior, and how long would fans roll with that before demanding the "real" League back? Feels more like a short-term change of pace than a JSA --> JLA paradigm shift yknow?

I think if DC were to try something like we're talking about, the League would have to remain Clark, Bruce, Diana, Barry, etc. There would still need to be a Big 7 League title on the shelf, with all the familiar faces. If the JLA were to go cosmic and leave earth in the hands of the next generation, and DC wanted to actually make that stick, the new group would need a different name and a roster/modus operandi that wasn't just a legacy copy of the Big 7 or a League B-title.

Like, just as an example of a possible approach; you could use a core cast of Nightwing, WallyFlash, Cyborg, Power Girl, Yara Flor, Jon Kent, Vixen, and Naomi, and then build a large "JLU cartoon" type of team around that (with rotating issues/arcs using a few core members and a few fringe ones) and present them as a team which, unlike the League that only tackles one big problem at a time, has the reach to be in many different places at once handling many types of threats. Have them do more social outreach than the League did. Call the book "Justice Legion" or something.

Any attempt to move a new group into the League's position as earth's greatest heroes and get fans to embrace that would be a big challenge and require DC to actually invest and put effort into it long-term, so it's probably next to impossible (even with the League still being around, just off world). But I think if you tried to emulate the JSA ---> JLA "passing of the torch" vibe, it might have a slim chance of succeeding.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The reason why Cyborg does not face that is because on Teen Titans he was written as an equal and not Batman's internet or the bus or the reason to keep John Stewart out or the token black guy.

If Johns had INVESTED even 50% of the effort he did with Hal-different story.

As for his solos-that falls on the editor who screwed up both books. There is a reason no one has hired him after he got fired from DC. Despite a resume that says he can work anywhere.
    Thank you! I'm glad you threw this out here, cause I get sick of the unsophisticated commentary dumped on Vic being a real JL'er. This has everything to do with writers want to play to old trope and status quo. Batman is the smartest even though Vic is very intelligent while having the added boost of alien supercomputer. Let Vic own that lane in JL . I could never forgive DC for allowing Bats to be God of Knowledge/information. How can he grow into the League if things like this keep happening? The trope of man vs machine angst, let Vic evolve like Walker was trying to do so that he could have a more human look, allowing him to blend in better with social interactions this opens him up to enjoy the benefits of his gifts without feeling like a outcast. He could be perfect member of the league but he is deliberately held back by bias.

Agreed. The status quo rules all. At least it did under Didio's DC, when Didio himself wasn't throwing the status quo under a bus for some random shock value gimmick. Who knows how the new regime will handle things, they might be more welcoming of growth and change, but the public perception of what the League is and should be is still gonna cast a long shadow and be a hurdle to overcome in any big change to its roster.

Vic earned League status a long time ago (if we assume a team that counted G'Nort among its ranks to have any "status" worth mentioning ). He was experienced, powerful, capable, and badass long before the Motherbox upgrade, and the New Gods tech should have put him on Superman's power level if not beyond it. I had a lot of hope that Johns was going to do for Vic what he did for Hawkman, Booster, the JSA, and GL. We got the exact opposite and I'll never forgive him for that. I think Vic actually regressed during the New52; losing his connections to the Titans but not replacing that with anything worth keeping. But setting the terrible treatment aside, I can think of few characters who deserve League membership more than Vic.

I tell you this, if I ever somehow stumbled into an editorial gig at DC, one of my top priorities would be seeing Cyborg get the treatment, evolution, and respect he deserves.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As mentioned we just had a Titans series with all OG members, but people on here don't seem to know what OG means.

The 2016 Titans series featured, Dick Grayson, Wally West, Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Garth & Karen. (It was written well and sold well for a Titans title)

In 2018 they changed the team to coincide with the HBO Max tv show to characters like Beast Boy, Raven, Miss Martian, Steel alongside Dick and Donna.

The comic bombed with the roster change, and was cancelled a year later....I'm still bitter about the roster change, they had a good thing going.

If they write a series with the same tone as the current Nightwing run.

Good art work etc. It could work. Not have all thsi drama and the Titnas constantly failing.

Don't use the characters as props like Cyborg in Justice League. Johns did so much damage to the character it makes me scrutinize his past works even more.

The Titans are friends and family. They've been through so much and are stronger for it. Also most members are in a better place these days. We could use a run with less angst. Doing what this team does best.
    The J-man

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

What would they be doing exactly?

I think the key here is "some of the original members".

Whenenever you do a book, you want to keep it interesting and that often means characters that have some conflict or mystery around them. Sure it would be fun to have the whole roster back for a story or two, but we already know how Cyborg, Nightwing, Raven, and Starfire work together.

But mix up the roster a bit and it get more interesting. How well does Kyle Rayner fit in with the team, or Fire and Ice, or Brother Power the Geek?

Or toss in a new character or two. Let the readers find out about the New Apache Chief, the Son of Kalibak, or Kid Unknown Soldier at the same time the Titans do.