Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Jackson Hyde/Kaldur: Aqualad/Aquaman Appreciation 2022

Son of Black Manta and a Xebel radical freedom fighter, though his comic history has been rough until Rebirth everyone loves his animated appearances and starting this year he will finally achieve what he acquired in Young Justice: the title of Aquaman. Of course he will be sharing it with Arthur but Jackson is Aquaman now in both TV and Comics, I suspect a big year for our aquatic hero.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Kaldur's got alot of success coming his way.

Its awesome.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Omg Siffighter thank you for creating the thread! I was so busy I didn't get time!

Aqualad is going to have a good year! Jackson is finishing up his mini and will be appearing in Aquamen! Also, Kaldur is returning later this year in the second half of Young Justice season 4!

Happy New Year to Jackson/Kaldur and his fans .

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Omg Siffighter thank you for creating the thread! I was so busy I didn't get time!

Aqualad is going to have a good year! Jackson is finishing up his mini and will be appearing in Aquamen! Also, Kaldur is returning later this year in the second half of Young Justice season 4!

Not a problem, I’m excited too because 2022 should be a great year for this character.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Don't want to damp the enthusiasm but I have just seen the latest sales for the three Aquaman books, unfortunately they are the last of last for DC. Not a blame on the characters but on the writer, You can't get a Nr1 issue for Green Arrow/Aquaman with such low sales. The Becoming is the lowest selling, Black Manta is doing slightly better than the other two, nothing spectacular.

The new ongoing with the same writer is destined to fail, unless DC wakes up and changes the writer. If they don't the characters will be blamed by DC for not selling.
    The latest sales can be seen on Comichron, just look at the bottom of the list.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Don't want to damp the enthusiasm but I have just seen the latest sales for the three Aquaman books, unfortunately they are the last of last for DC. Not a blame on the characters but on the writer, You can't get a Nr1 issue for Green Arrow/Aquaman with such low sales. The Becoming is the lowest selling, Black Manta is doing slightly better than the other two, nothing spectacular.

The new ongoing with the same writer is destined to fail, unless DC wakes up and changes the writer. If they don't the characters will be blamed by DC for not selling.

What is it about Aqualad that he does not understand?

Last time I checked here are the writers that have handled a LEAD story with him.

Jordan Clark 2 issues
    Benjamin Percy 2-6 issues
    Brandon Thomas 8+ issues

Before that there was NOBODY because New 52 got rid of the other version.

Brandon Thomas has been the ONLY person to write him more than once.

How does he not get a character that had NOTHING to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What is it about Aqualad that he does not understand?

Last time I checked here are the writers that have handled a LEAD story with him.

Jordan Clark 2 issues
    Benjamin Percy 2-6 issues
    Brandon Thomas 8+ issues

Before that there was NOBODY because New 52 got rid of the other version.

Brandon Thomas has been the ONLY person to write him more than once.

How does he not get a character that had NOTHING to begin with?
    It is not just Jackson that he does not understand, even the rest of the characters.

My heart aches seeing the 3Aquabooks so low in sales, look at the first issue of Aquaman/Green Arrow debuts with such low sales. Probably one of the lowest Nr1 issues for big characters as Aquaman and Green Arrow. The story is so confused that I don't blame readers, I myself read the first issue and dropped it. It is two fandoms that aren't buying, two fandoms who don't have an ongoing, therefore they should be eager to buy the book, means something?

In The Becoming, he makes Mera run away for two simple Atlantean guards, when she wasn't afraid to take on the entire Justice league alone and beat them. The latest issue got damning reviews, something quite rare, as the people who do those reviews get advance copies, so they try and please DC.

He is not up to the task and if he stays longer all Aqua characters will be blamed by DC for not selling and we get books canceled again.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-04-2022 at 01:21 PM.

By Nick Robles:

By Khary Randolph:

By Jahnoy Lindsay:

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post

I just don't think Aquaman is that big of a brand rn
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Found this on reddit and think its very helpful

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-16-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Mighty Member
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-16-2022 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Nice preview! I think the middle issues slogged a bit but the finale seems to be ramping up.