Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Kaldur's arc is already my favorite so far. These three episodes were so good.

Okay it can’t just be me, does anyone else think that Sway’s depiction of Jackson looks like Lil Nas X?

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Definitely a step up from Zatanna's arc even if I think things ended a little too tidy.

Possible tv special on HBO Max for Jackson would be really cool, even if based more on his YA novel that I haven’t read

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/hbo-ma...ron-producing/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Possible tv special on HBO Max for Jackson would be really cool, even if based more on his YA novel that I haven’t read

I've read it. I'm curious if they'll base it in the movie universe.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yeah I loved this last arc. I liked them exploring Kaldur’s past more and Atlantis as a whole only thing I would’ve loved more if Black Manta was involved but he wouldn’t have fit the story so I’m being greedy lol.

Thought the latest arc in Young Justice was solid. Not as compelling as some of the previous ones; hard to get invested in political theater when most of what's happening is only being introduced *as* it's happening, yknow? And the plot was a little too transparent for political thriller; there were no swerves or surprises, it all played out more or less how I expected after the first episode. Still, it was a fun arc and it was good to get a bit more out of Ocean Master, see more of Atlantis and it's culture, and I'd been getting real impatient for more Kaldur; I love how each founding member is getting their own episodes but the wait is killer.

I find myself getting real antsy for Nightwing's arc. I wonder if they'll save Dick's episodes for last and end on a fan favorite, or save Rocket for last and allow a lot of her screen time to be eaten up by resolving the various loose ends? I gotta say, I'm always happy to see Milestone characters get some attention but Rocket being included among the original members rubs me wrong; she was there for the final....three?....episodes of the first season and that's it, aside from a cameo here and there. I'm not crazy about Zee being treated like a founding member and getting her own episodes this season either, but at least she was more than a super late and largely inconsequential addition that we barely got to even see.

And I'm digging Kaldur's beard. The man needs to keep it. Truly, he should have grown it last season.

Possible tv special on HBO Max for Jackson would be really cool, even if based more on his YA novel that I havenÂ’t read

That's pretty great. Haven't read the OGN (didn't hear good things about it) but Kaldur getting attention anywhere is always good, and a show of his own? Hell yeah. I'm no fan of the DCEU but I wouldn't argue with Mamoa showing up for a cameo or something, just to help cement Kaldur in the mythos.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I skimmed through it and idk...I hope it isnt a teen romance with a dash of superhero. It's like Love, Victor but with someone finding out they can manipulate water.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I skimmed through it and idk...I hope it isnt a teen romance with a dash of superhero. It's like Love, Victor but with someone finding out they can manipulate water.
    Well, the GN was 80% teen romance with 20% Hero stuff. I don't know if they'll change that up for the series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

That's pretty great. Haven't read the OGN (didn't hear good things about it) but Kaldur getting attention anywhere is always good, and a show of his own? Hell yeah. I'm no fan of the DCEU but I wouldn't argue with Mamoa showing up for a cameo or something, just to help cement Kaldur in the mythos.
    Which is not expected since the artist is among those the usual suspects don't care for. Since her last project also got made into a movie.

There is enough there to fish out 1-3 seasons (6-10 eps) and really lead to him meeting Aquaman and who knows start a new set of movies with him and Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the GN was 80% teen romance with 20% Hero stuff. I don't know if they'll change that up for the series.
    Yeah...that's just so CW to me. I hate when they try to save money by adapting characters with powers and not using them properly so if this gets made, I just don't want it to happen to this show/character.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There is enough there to fish out 1-3 seasons (6-10 eps) and really lead to him meeting Aquaman and who knows start a new set of movies with him and Aquaman.
    I think that's really stretching it unless they expand beyond the plot of the book, which would only really need one season.

The big question is if they're going to have Momoa or Yahya back for this. Or they'll just obliquely reference Aquaman and Manta.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's really stretching it unless they expand beyond the plot of the book, which would only really need one season.

The big question is if they're going to have Momoa or Yahya back for this. Or they'll just obliquely reference Aquaman and Manta.
    Depends on if this is even set in the same universe. In the book Jackson only has powers because Manta was experimenting on genetics and trying to create Atlanteans or whatever and Jackson has no other ties to Atlantis.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Jackson will appear in Batman: Fortress #5: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/dc...an-fortress-5/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Jackson will appear in Batman: Fortress #5: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/dc...an-fortress-5/
    I love that Jackson's getting another love interest here. This guy's pretty cute. I'll gladly add him to the list of men (Ha'wea, Wyynde from Young Justice, and Kenny from YBMTO) already in Jackson's harem