Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    I love that Jackson's getting another love interest here. This guy's pretty cute. I'll gladly add him to the list of men (Ha'wea, Wyynde from Young Justice, and Kenny from YBMTO) already in Jackson's harem
    Who doesn't wanna join his harem?!

Present day Jackson is very handsome, but FS Jackson is delicious:
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Jackson will appear in Batman: Fortress #5: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/23/dc...an-fortress-5/
    This is my problem with many diverse comic characters. They're often so mired in stereotypical tropes that you can almost telegraph all the beats of how things will play out for them. Like, c'mon...a bunch of bigots and a gay beatdown? Get another story already. Have something else to say already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    I love that Jackson's getting another love interest here. This guy's pretty cute. I'll gladly add him to the list of men (Ha'wea, Wyynde from Young Justice, and Kenny from YBMTO) already in Jackson's harem
    I'm honestly also down for Jackson have a love interest harem of his own. I do want another Black character in among them though.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-28-2022 at 02:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    This is my problem with many diverse comic characters. They're often so mired in stereotypical tropes that you can almost telegraph all the beats of how things will play out for them. Like, c'mon...a bunch of bigots and a gay beatdown? Get another story already. Have something else to say already.
    This is a recurring reality queer people face. It's not for you to trivialize it for such petty non-reasons.

Like, the more this post is dwelt upon, the worse it gets. Dude, this is really disrespectful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    This is a recurring reality queer people face. It's not for you to trivialize it for such petty non-reasons.

Like, the more this post is dwelt upon, the worse it gets. Dude, this is really disrespectful.
    That may be a reality some queer people face, but I'm sure they also face plenty of other things in their reality as well.

If you think pointing out repetitive story beats with certain types of characters is disrespectful, that's completely your business, but I hope you don't expect me to feel bad or sorry about that. Or, I guess you can if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm honestly also down for Jackson have a love interest harem of his own. I do want another Black character in among them though.
    I've been hoping for this too. Feels rare for DC to have two Black characters date and when they do we rarely see them together.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom