Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My Hero Academia Appreciation 2022

New Year means new Thread

For lovers of MHA everywhere!

Just beware there will be spoilers to the manga in this thread.

Extraordinary Member

Happy new year which might turn out to be the series last one, depending on how accurate Horikoshi's time estimate turns out to be.

Let's hope for a great ride.
    Eri in a yukata is a great start to the year!

New chapter to start off the year after Christmas break (which will be followed by another break next week for New Years heh)

spoilers:
    Midoriya and Iida go to see Mei for costume upgrades which she nonchalantly reacts and denies to. The two learn that the Support Course is in charge of maintaining the U.A. Barrier, and Mei specifically in charge with developing the evacuation blocks. After she talks about how inventing things is their way of helping people, she immediately gives Midoriya a new make-shift Air Force/Mid-Gauntlet hybrid, and Iida new armour piece, which she made on the fly. They reunite with the rest of Class 1-A as they assemble their Search Squad to track down the remnants of the PLF and LOV. At the same time, heroes like Nejire, Tamaki, Fat Gum, and Ryukyu are still doing cleanup, while All Might and Hawks go to Central Hospital to discuss their "Plan B".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Short but simple chapter. Mei is always awesome and she's got some wonderfully hilarious (and also very pretty) panels in here. Hopefully with how her role's been set-up this isn't the last we see of her, even if it's a quick check-in during the final battle. I do kinda like now that Midoriya's just going to be in his U.A. tracksuit for this upcoming I guess "Search Squad" arc, feels very reminiscent of USJ where he's left with his make-shift patchwork outfit, and so also needs to work extra hard to stand out. Though I do hope he gets a full new costume by the final battle. Really excited to see how this "Villain Hunt" do-over looks with the rest of 1-A now with Midoriya, and what other characters will be showing up. Also, nice to see short-haired Nejire again, and looks like All Might is talking with Aizawa and possibly get something else Shirakumo related soon.
    end of spoilers

Also as a bonus, this was an extra little omake page included in the WSJ issue where the characters talk about what eating "Kiviaq" would taste like...and the awkwardness of discussing that around some of them. It's pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/zoshades/status/...041479680?s=21

spoilers:
    Mei is as awesome as ever and as pretty as ever. Love she's getting an important role with the U.A Barrier and Mass evacuation systems. Nejire does look cute with Short Hair. I won't be surprised if this search squad arc leads to the final fight between Toga and Ochaco. It should be interesting to see what Plan B is.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Short but simple chapter. Mei is always awesome and she's got some wonderfully hilarious (and also very pretty) panels in here. Hopefully with how her role's been set-up this isn't the last we see of her, even if it's a quick check-in during the final battle. I do kinda like now that Midoriya's just going to be in his U.A. tracksuit for this upcoming I guess "Search Squad" arc, feels very reminiscent of USJ where he's left with his make-shift patchwork outfit, and so also needs to work extra hard to stand out. Though I do hope he gets a full new costume by the final battle. Really excited to see how this "Villain Hunt" do-over looks with the rest of 1-A now with Midoriya, and what other characters will be showing up. Also, nice to see short-haired Nejire again, and looks like All Might is talking with Aizawa and possibly get something else Shirakumo related soon.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If anybody's gonna put together a new suit for Izuku it should be Mei, or possibly Inko throwing together something for him. And the fact that Izuku is moving around in what's basically his gym clothes is pretty telling that this isn't the final final arc/mission. When he gets that new costume it's going to be big old splash page.

Mei is always a delight, and I really enjoyed how she just tossed together some functional replacement gear for Izuku and Iida with just one hand. That actually took me by surprise and made me smile a lot.

There are a lot of moving pieces going around. All Might's investigating and making things move on his end while all the kids and other pros are heading out for real, and then the villains are obviously also going along with their plans. It'll be interesting to see how it all comes together. I was surprised to not see Mirio with his old team, but I'm guessing that he'll make a dramatic entrace soon. Come to think of it, we still haven't seen what the class band was planning on doing to lighten the mood.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Mei is as awesome as ever and as pretty as ever. Love she's getting an important role with the U.A Barrier and Mass evacuation systems. Nejire does look cute with Short Hair. I won't be surprised if this search squad arc leads to the final fight between Toga and Ochaco. It should be interesting to see what Plan B is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If the Ochaco and Toga fight happens during this arc I hope that Ochaco still gets to play an important role in the arc that follows.
    end of spoilers