Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    All the Heroes are baffled and enraged by Bakugo's apparent death, with "Shigaraki" continuing to taunt them for their useless efforts. Back in Kamino, Dabi regains consciousness by copying Shoto's Phosphor move on himself, reinvigorating his flames and burning Kido and Onima. He learns from Skeptic about Endeavor's location, who is revealed to have regain control of the Feel Good Inc. satellites, and has been hacking into U.A., more specifically its underground bunkers, while the spies on the inside prepare to act. At the same time, Endeavor and Hawks watch on as All For One nearly fully regenerates with his face now in full view.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Definitely feels like this is the turning point where things get really bad before it starts to slowly look up for the heroes. Bakugo does still seem to be considered pretty dead so at least don't seem to be immediately setting up any potential undoings for it. Dabi continues to look even more monstrous and really wonder how he's going to end up getting over to where Endeavor is for the real final confrontation. And considering we got a check in with the rest of the Todorokis, hopefully this means they'll have a part to play too.

Also nice to see whenever Skeptic is actually doing something and clearly having alot of fun while doing so. Don't know what plan he has for the bunker, but I've seen some suggestions they're going to end up throwing them out and forcing them to fight each other in the streets, for the whole "Meta Ability Liberation" thing. Though seeing what he's doing does make me 100% certain this is leading to La Brava counter-hacking him and saving the day. And finally seeing AFO's face in full (even though technically the anime and manga did give us pretty good looks at his face previously). What does the return of a seemingly fully powered AFO mean? I'm not sure but I hope they do something interesting with it instead of just another strong body to fight.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well Horikoshi is really trying to see that Bakugo is dead. It is also interesting to see that Momona is the most broken over his death. It also seems that Burning and Murkio might be joining him. I'm a bit torn over the villains' second wind, on one hand it does show their danger and shows that the heroes weren't the only ones plannign and training their quirks. On the other hand, it seems to be taking away from the wins the heroes have gotten and seems to be an excuse to pad out the story.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Definitely feels like this is the turning point where things get really bad before it starts to slowly look up for the heroes. Bakugo does still seem to be considered pretty dead so at least don't seem to be immediately setting up any potential undoings for it. Dabi continues to look even more monstrous and really wonder how he's going to end up getting over to where Endeavor is for the real final confrontation. And considering we got a check in with the rest of the Todorokis, hopefully this means they'll have a part to play too.

Also nice to see whenever Skeptic is actually doing something and clearly having alot of fun while doing so. Don't know what plan he has for the bunker, but I've seen some suggestions they're going to end up throwing them out and forcing them to fight each other in the streets, for the whole "Meta Ability Liberation" thing. Though seeing what he's doing does make me 100% certain this is leading to La Brava counter-hacking him and saving the day. And finally seeing AFO's face in full (even though technically the anime and manga did give us pretty good looks at his face previously). What does the return of a seemingly fully powered AFO mean? I'm not sure but I hope they do something interesting with it instead of just another strong body to fight.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, we had the part where the heroes plans where actually working and they were making some serious headway. But now is the time for the villains to counter attack and we should start worrying about the supporting characters. It's also going to be the time for the heroes to not give into despair even when everything is looking bleak. "All For Shigaraki's" haunting speech at Mirko is quite effective in conveying that they're all screwed.

I remain skeptical of Bakugo being dead/won't be revived until everything is done and he's still just straight up dead.

I'm thinking that Skeptic is going to throw out people in the middle of all the fights, so that the heroes will have to thinking about protecting civilians while also taking on all these dangerous villains. Which while horrifying could also end up letting the civilians really get a proper view of how hard this whole thing is for the heroes so that they end up supporting them. And yes, really hoping that La Brava gets to counter-hack Skeptic. Maybe she and Gentle were hiding out in one of the bunkers.

Gran Torino did say that he had a whole different set of abilities when All Might defeated him the first time. So hopefully he'll have reverted back to that build
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Well Horikoshi is really trying to see that Bakugo is dead. It is also interesting to see that Momona is the most broken over his death. It also seems that Burning and Murkio might be joining him. I'm a bit torn over the villains' second wind, on one hand it does show their danger and shows that the heroes weren't the only ones plannign and training their quirks. On the other hand, it seems to be taking away from the wins the heroes have gotten and seems to be an excuse to pad out the story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do agree at least that Shigaraki being so unstoppable has gotten a bit tiring just with how out of whack the power scaling for him as gotten, especially in comparison to how it was much better balanced during the War Arc. It all depends on how exactly the confrontation will conclude/what happens when Deku finally arrives to see if there's a satisfying payoff, rather than doing the thing that alot of final bosses in anime/manga tend to do, which is decide that *now* is the time for him to be defeated.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, we had the part where the heroes plans where actually working and they were making some serious headway. But now is the time for the villains to counter attack and we should start worrying about the supporting characters. It's also going to be the time for the heroes to not give into despair even when everything is looking bleak. "All For Shigaraki's" haunting speech at Mirko is quite effective in conveying that they're all screwed.

I remain skeptical of Bakugo being dead/won't be revived until everything is done and he's still just straight up dead.

I'm thinking that Skeptic is going to throw out people in the middle of all the fights, so that the heroes will have to thinking about protecting civilians while also taking on all these dangerous villains. Which while horrifying could also end up letting the civilians really get a proper view of how hard this whole thing is for the heroes so that they end up supporting them. And yes, really hoping that La Brava gets to counter-hack Skeptic. Maybe she and Gentle were hiding out in one of the bunkers.

Gran Torino did say that he had a whole different set of abilities when All Might defeated him the first time. So hopefully he'll have reverted back to that build
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    "TomurAFO"'s speech also includes the little nugget that's been occurring throughout the series about how the adults try not to have the kids involved in the big battles, and now they have to due to the dwindled number of heroes, so any of them getting killed is partially "on them".

I could also see some of the civilians jumping in to protect the heroes when they're in trouble, connecting to what happened when Deku returned to U.A. about them recognizing that they need to be ready to help heroes when they're in danger too. And alongside Gentle & La Brava, we'll probably get the return of other "villains" as the big thing to help turn the tide for the Heroes. Stain helping out, Oboro regaining control of Kurogiri, Lady Nagant returning, Overhaul doing something, hope we see Kendo Rappa come back, he's fun and fits on that more "morally grey" side.

Definitely will also need explained how exactly the regeneration works in the process, since it's been a very heavy debate among people whether he actually he has Rewind or not, though I definitely assume he just used the last remaining Quirk Restoring Drug they had.
    end of spoilers

Season 6's opening and ending songs have been announced

OP: "Hitamuki" by SUPER BEAVER
    ED: "SKETCH" by Kiro Akiyama

spoilers:
    Edgeshot i barely knew you and so does Bakugo so i have no attachment for his sacrifice
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

New chapter

spoilers:
    We flash back to how the doctor focused on using the quirk destroying bullets to recreate the effect of Eri's quirk rather than the deleter effects. He managed to create only one shot that effect and left it for AFO to find so that he could unleash his heart filled with hate. In the present AFO gets used to his body's prime condition as he easily steals a heroine's quirk, and her cape so he doesn't have to fight in the buff. He knows very well that this will end him and he happily leaves his dreams of thwarting the world's future in Shigaraki's hands.

We zip over to America where the president is berating commander Agpar for letting Star and Stripe assault AFO thus angering him. The american government is planning to attempt to appease AFO/Shigaraki since he's been judged to be a creature that humanity just can't stop. And that's the same with every other nation apparently. They're all to afraid of what could happen if they get on AFO/Shigaraki's bad side. Agpar admonishes that idea and speaks about how each generation inspires the next one to do great things, and that's worth fighting for.

At the battle with Shigaraki, Edgeshot is going to enter Bakugo's body and keep him alive from the inside, ceratain that this effort will in fact kill him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    There we go. Now we know how Bakugo is going to survive. Not what I expected but it's cool. There is something to be asked about how much of an impact there is with a fairly minor character getting such a big moment. But I'll honest, that image of Edgeshot and Jeanist starting a school club together kind tugged at my heart a bit.

Shigaraki being judged as a being that can't be stopped and the best thing is for all the nations of the world to just play along with him certainly escalates things. Governments generally suck in super hero stories so it's nice to see the tradition carry on here.

I hadn't considered just how dangerous AFO would be in his prime. But being able to duke it out with All Might while also effortlessly stealing quirks from people is quite the terrifying combo when you think a little on it. Seeing it practice was quite chilling.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    There we go. Now we know how Bakugo is going to survive. Not what I expected but it's cool. There is something to be asked about how much of an impact there is with a fairly minor character getting such a big moment. But I'll honest, that image of Edgeshot and Jeanist starting a school club together kind tugged at my heart a bit.

Shigaraki being judged as a being that can't be stopped and the best thing is for all the nations of the world to just play along with him certainly escalates things. Governments generally suck in super hero stories so it's nice to see the tradition carry on here.

I hadn't considered just how dangerous AFO would be in his prime. But being able to duke it out with All Might while also effortlessly stealing quirks from people is quite the terrifying combo when you think a little on it. Seeing it practice was quite chilling.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Chapter definitely was felt like a mixed bag. Firstly I'm really glad for the confirmation that he isn't actually using Rewind, but rather a reverse engineered drug. Plus I'm glad that this really is a sacrificial play, where he essentially gets to run around at full power for a while until eventually disappearing to nothing. It allows (at least this) AFO to actually be defeated in some way while still getting to deal some major trouble. Whether he's going to be able to make it to Shigaraki before he does so we'll have to see. I also do think it's funny Hawks' approach this entire battle has been "Distract him until Endeavor can do something".

I also really liked the stuff in America, showing the governments wanting to appease themselves to Shigaraki to avoid being destroyed and Agpar using Star as an example for what the true purpose of Heroes are. Liked the little sign of "We Are All For One" in the streets.

The Edgeshot stuff I'm not too sure about. Already not so hot on Bakugo's resurrection to begin with, and having it be the result of a relatively minor character sacrificing themselves just doesn't really hit as hard. Honestly would've preferred having Jeanist use his Quirk to stitch up Bakugo's heart. It would be pretty ridiculous, but at least there's an emotional connection there. Either way, that's another thing we'll have to see how it goes, but definitely still very eh on that part of it overall.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Three acts, so three opinions

First is AFO reborn. This was very good and perfectly shows how dangerous he is by just landing and touching people to steal their quirks. The stealing of the cape added a boit of dark humour to the piece. Of course now he can be defeated since he will soon cease to exist, but how long that will be is another thing.

The Americian stuff was largely throwaway, we have already seen the international response, basically let Japan burn and only care for themselves and this doesn't really add anything we haven't seen before. The bureaucrats don't want to do anything, while the heroes want to help.

Well goodbye Edgeshot we hardly knew ye. This is really bad. First of Bakugo should remain dead, if other heroes are getting killed, then (sadly) the students should be no different. Also Edgeshot has never been a major character so there is no emotional impact from his sacrifice. Also how long has Bakugo being dead, there has to be some damage to his brain and organs different his heart had stopped and no-one tried to revive him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Chapter definitely was felt like a mixed bag. Firstly I'm really glad for the confirmation that he isn't actually using Rewind, but rather a reverse engineered drug. Plus I'm glad that this really is a sacrificial play, where he essentially gets to run around at full power for a while until eventually disappearing to nothing. It allows (at least this) AFO to actually be defeated in some way while still getting to deal some major trouble. Whether he's going to be able to make it to Shigaraki before he does so we'll have to see. I also do think it's funny Hawks' approach this entire battle has been "Distract him until Endeavor can do something".

The Edgeshot stuff I'm not too sure about. Already not so hot on Bakugo's resurrection to begin with, and having it be the result of a relatively minor character sacrificing themselves just doesn't really hit as hard. Honestly would've preferred having Jeanist use his Quirk to stitch up Bakugo's heart. It would be pretty ridiculous, but at least there's an emotional connection there. Either way, that's another thing we'll have to see how it goes, but definitely still very eh on that part of it overall.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do hope that before disappearing completely, the heroes manage to screw AFO over in some way so that he doesn't entirely get to go out on his own terms. I wonder if he could just steal a bunch of powers and pass them on to Shigaraki before disappearing.

I never really bought into the whole Bakugo is totally dead now thing, so I'm not too bothered by the development that he'll be saved. But I would absolutely have been more on board with Jeanist doing something to save Bakugo. Have him keep Bakugo's heart going with his fibre string. But he needs to be completely still while doing because it's such a meticulous task. That way there's still a massive risk of Shigaraki just getting near them but there's a little more emotional resonance to it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

New Promo video for season 6 with a preview of the new OP, Hitamuki by SUPER BEAVER.

The song sounds pretty damn solid and some of the shots shown here look damn nice. They are putting some real love into Mirko's big action scene.

The song does sound pretty good, but I'll wait until the actual intro airs to make a full judgement

New Promo video for season 6 with a preview of the new OP, Hitamuki by SUPER BEAVER.

The song sounds pretty damn solid and some of the shots shown here look damn nice. They are putting some real love into Mirko's big action scene.
    Definitely really interested to see how this will all play out. Mirko and the Hawks/Twice scene looks like they'll be giving that the full treatment. The trailer goes all the way up to Gigantomachia's rampage, but they've been keeping the Shigaraki fight pretty tightened up so hoping that turns out well. Opening sounds like it'll be good, just need to wait to hear the full/in the opening context before I can say how I really feel about it.

spoilers:
    Edgeshot thins himself to the most he can and inserts into Bakugo's body with the intention of repairing his heart/internal organs and resuscitating him, even at the cost of his own life. Shigaraki meanwhile starts to lose his cool and tries to prevent them from helping him, but Mirko stands firm to fight and rush him, even while losing her other arm in the process. Shigaraki realizes that he's panicking because he sensed a threat in Bakugo's strength, which he can't comprehend at all. Mirko manages to overpower him, while "Tenko" becomes further corrupted, thinking about how far all the Heroes are going to help Bakugo when no one helped him, as images of his old family emerge out of his bodily mass.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The Bakugo stuff I'm still very mixed on, both in a practical and storytelling sense, but the Shigaraki side I really like and I think kind of helps the Bakugo stuff work better in the right context. The idea that the Heroes weren't deterred by Shigaraki "destroying" something and that they're trying to fix it, which in turn returns those troubled memories that no one ever helped him back to the forefront. Not to mention good to see the most "pure unfiltered Shigaraki" in a while without the "AFO influence". Also cool to see this side of him freaking out, and be on the ropes to the point of losing his smile against Mirko, who just like her battle with the Nomu, just proves herself to be this absolute beast that just keeps fighting no matter how crippled she's become. Now she's just got one leg left. Don't know how exactly the Shimuras appearing will play into everything, but I could see it as being his memories becoming visualized through that "Quirk Singularity re-shaping the body" which will cause him to trip himself up more.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Again I would have prefer Bakugo to stay dead and having a nobody like Edgeshot sacrifice himself for Bakugo doesn't even make sense. The Tomura stuff is more interesting as it seems that the heroes have been attacking him on not only a psyichal but a emotional level as well. The "appearance" of his family will be interesting to see how it plays out, it could see more of Tenko coming tot he surface.
    end of spoilers