Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Going by the silohettes, the other Class 1-B Funko Pops will be Vines, Mudman, Vantablack, Shemage, Poni and Lizardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I hope they leave Machia out of this. All the heroes taking him out in the first War was abig win especially for the students. To have them fail to prevent his release and allow him to go on another rampage, would be a step backwards. Besides we have Kaiju Spinner, we don't really need two giants.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think the kids saw it as a win. Their efforts ultimately stopped Machia, but only after destroyed a large portion of a city and killed god knows how many civilians. So them getting a chance to really stop him would be good for the.

And while they're both giant sized, there's enough distinction between Spinner and Gigantomachia that I think the battle against them would be quite different.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt AFO would give him a choice. He could easily kill Dabi or prevent him from going after his family, if he refused. Given that Dabi is dying anyways, a chance to get back at his old man even if it means exploding could be tempting. After all right now, he could take out some of his dad's main sidekicks.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think that AFO would force it on any of them. Dabi is on board with the plan for the most part since it isn't getting in the way of his goals. Way rock the boat and piss off such a valuable asset to the plan by forcing the option of blowing up on to him?

AFO is way more into manipulating and tricking people into doing what he wants. And he might've convinced Dabi to get blowing up quirk as a last ditch effort. or he might not have done that. Both are equally possible to me.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    We obviously know Shirakumo is gonna regain control of Kurogiri eventually, so Machia getting back up and doing something also seems likely, though in what way I'm not sure. My original prediction was use Shinso to brainwash him and then sicc him on the villains, that'd be a fun reversal. Also remember, Central Hospital is also where Mr. Compress, Lady Nagant, and possibly Overhaul too are, so we could see them make a comeback too. There's also the possibility that another group of villains could be storming another prison to free Re-Destro and the other MLA soldiers, to give them something to do in this finale too, that could be where Skeptic is right now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was thinking that Shinso wouldn't be able to brainwash Machia since Machia wouldn't respond to him... but then I remembered that Shinso can alter his voice so that he sounds like AFO (aka one of the three people Machia listens to) and now I want to see that!!!

Lady Nagant and Mr. Compress are really high up on my list of characters I hope make an appearance before this arc is over. It would be really cool if Nagant got one shot in on AFO at a crucial moment, and I want the main LoV to reunite which includes Compress. So that would be nice.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia Vigilantes just released its final chapter today!

spoilers:
    A bittersweet ending I'd say, with how it gives everyone a general conclusive endpoint, though still leaves alot open-ended, especially in regards to Koichi and Kazuho's relationship. But we do see our three leads in places where they're happiest: Koichi gets to be the hero he dreamed of, Kazuho gets to live her casual life while being able to support Koichi, and Knuckleduster returns to protecting the underbelly of the city and presumably inspiring more to take up vigilantism. Hoping the final volume release includes a little extra epilogue thing where maybe we get some little time skip where Koichi returns to Japan and they reunite for good.
    end of spoilers

Overall it's a very solid prequel spinoff that has a great cast of original characters that are incredibly likeable and compelling to follow, as well as working in a whole bunch of fan service with old fan favourite characters getting involved in various ways. The story structure is definitely alot more unfocused and at times paced weirdly, but when it hits it hits hard! Any fan of MHA I think should check it out at some point.

My Hero Academia Vigilantes just released its final chapter today!

spoilers:
    A bittersweet ending I'd say, with how it gives everyone a general conclusive endpoint, though still leaves alot open-ended, especially in regards to Koichi and Kazuho's relationship. But we do see our three leads in places where they're happiest: Koichi gets to be the hero he dreamed of, Kazuho gets to live her casual life while being able to support Koichi, and Knuckleduster returns to protecting the underbelly of the city and presumably inspiring more to take up vigilantism. Hoping the final volume release includes a little extra epilogue thing where maybe we get some little time skip where Koichi returns to Japan and they reunite for good.
    end of spoilers

Overall it's a very solid prequel spinoff that has a great cast of original characters that are incredibly likeable and compelling to follow, as well as working in a whole bunch of fan service with old fan favourite characters getting involved in various ways. The story structure is definitely alot more unfocused and at times paced weirdly, but when it hits it hits hard! Any fan of MHA I think should check it out at some point.
    I'm also hoping that the characters of Vigilantes will get a cameo in the mainline series near its end.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

New chapter

spoilers:
    We get a flashback to how it was decided that Endeavor and Hawks would deal with All For One. Normally it would be best to attack him with large numbers, but to avoid him potentially stealing a bunch of quirk they've gone with the strongest small team possible of the top two heroes, with them aiming to break his life support mask (his one physical weakness. During the battle it's revealed that Hawks has fully recovered from the last battle and is now supplementing his own feathers with artificial ones. Despite this the duo is gaining some ground against AFO. In return AFO taunts Endeavor about being distracted by his sons fighting and reveals that he had a hand in Toya's body disappearing. Enraged, Endeavor leaves himself open and gets an arm ripped off. As Hawks is trying to decide the best action to take AFO blasts him.

Only for Tokoyami and Jirou to swoop in and block the attack, saying that they'll take Endeavor's place in the battle
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Short and sweet action chapter with a kickass surprise ending.

I like the tactics the heroes go for here and that they were actually working to the point where AFO had to use his manipulation skills to turn the tide. Little things like that go a long way in conveying that while AFO is really powerful he's not unbeatable. I also appreciate that there was some lasting damage to Hawks after Dabi fried him.

Poor Endeavor has really gone a lot of **** these last few arcs. A lot of it is deserved, but some of it isn't. I think that even if he's physically capable of hero work and regains public support he might just not have it in him anymore to be a hero.

And of course, I love that two of my favourite supporting class members get a cool swooping save moment. Tokoyami and Jirou are ready to fight the biggest bad guy of them all and I couldn't be more proud.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-30-2022 at 03:33 AM.

spoilers:
    Endeavor is really put through the ringer, now he's lost arm, looks like we have our jobber character. It's also interesting that despite mentioning his life support as his weakness, no-one has ever actually gone after it.

Tokoyami and Jiro arriving to save the day was an awesome surprise. Alos love that neither of them are showing any fear of battling AFO
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm also hoping that the characters of Vigilantes will get a cameo in the mainline series near its end.
    Thinking the most we'll get is background cameos, which I think would be good enough and nice to see. Giving them substantial roles might feel too shoehorn-y, especially right at the end here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    New chapter
    spoilers:
    Short and sweet action chapter with a kickass surprise ending.

I like the tactics the heroes go for here and that they were actually working to the point where AFO had to use his manipulation skills to turn the tide. Little things like that go a long way in conveying that while AFO is really powerful he's not unbeatable. I also appreciate that there was some lasting damage to Hawks after Dabi fried him.

Poor Endeavor has really gone a lot of **** these last few arcs. A lot of it is deserved, but some of it isn't. I think that even if he's physically capable of hero work and regains public support he might just not have it in him anymore.

And of course, I love that two of my favourite supporting class members get a cool swooping save moment. Tokoyami and Jirou are ready to fight the biggest bad guy of them all and I couldn't be more proud.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was also interesting to hear that he doesn't have the same Regeneration Quirk as Shigaraki does, even though I had assumed that was how Shigaraki got it in the first place. Either way will definitely be more interesting to see what tactics they can do to wear him down, since they don't have to deal with the easy "heal mode" like Shigaraki has.

I've seen alot of people wondering what exactly Jiro and Tokoyami could do power wise in comparison to AFO, but obviously seems like the smart thing is they're going to act as backup to help overwhelm him using their abilities, rather than attempting any actual fisticuffs. Since we see Jiro's sound waves are able to block parts of his attack, maybe it could even do something to screw with AFO's Infared making it harder for him to perceive everything.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Endeavor is really put through the ringer, now he's lost arm, looks like we have our jobber character. It's also interesting that despite mentioning his life support as his weakness, no-one has ever actually gone after it.

Tokoyami and Jiro arriving to save the day was an awesome surprise. Alos love that neither of them are showing any fear of battling AFO
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is something I didn't think about but really is true, especially after AFO brought up the term, Endeavor really is the best use of a "jobber character" here. He's constantly getting crapped upon and only barely being effective, but considering everything he's done, it does work really well as comeuppance. I don't think he lost his arms, but does kind of look like he got a stomach injury similar to the one All Might got.
    end of spoilers

Thinking the most we'll get is background cameos, which I think would be good enough and nice to see. Giving them substantial roles might feel too shoehorn-y, especially right at the end here.

spoilers:
    It was also interesting to hear that he doesn't have the same Regeneration Quirk as Shigaraki does, even though I had assumed that was how Shigaraki got it in the first place. Either way will definitely be more interesting to see what tactics they can do to wear him down, since they don't have to deal with the easy "heal mode" like Shigaraki has.

I've seen alot of people wondering what exactly Jiro and Tokoyami could do power wise in comparison to AFO, but obviously seems like the smart thing is they're going to act as backup to help overwhelm him using their abilities, rather than attempting any actual fisticuffs. Since we see Jiro's sound waves are able to block parts of his attack, maybe it could even do something to screw with AFO's Infared making it harder for him to perceive everything.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That is something I didn't think about but really is true, especially after AFO brought up the term, Endeavor really is the best use of a "jobber character" here. He's constantly getting crapped upon and only barely being effective, but considering everything he's done, it does work really well as comeuppance. I don't think he lost his arms, but does kind of look like he got a stomach injury similar to the one All Might got.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is hard to see what he lost, some are saying an arm but it with all the flame it is hard to see. If it is an All Might style stomach injury, then what other injuries from other characters will he get, given he already has a Shoto like scar
    end of spoilers

Gentle Criminal & La Brava are getting POPs as an Anime Expo 22' Hot Topic booth exclusive

Extraordinary Member

We have details on the second summer OVA.

It will be titled “Warae! Jigoku no you ni” (Laugh! As if you are in Hell).

It will focus on Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki during their internship with Endeavor. They'll encounter a villain called Smiley.

So the baseball OVA will focus on the supporting cast while the second on will be on the big three as the get into silly shenanigans (I'm assuming that the villain will have a quirk similar to Ms. Joke's). Given what they're going to go through in the next season, they deserve a silly adventure beforehand.

Disappoint it is another Endeavour internship story. It would have been better to focus on someone else.

Gentle Criminal & La Brava are getting POPs as an Anime Expo 22' Hot Topic booth exclusive

Ooh, I'm not a Funko guy (though I do have the 100% Deku w/ Eri one cause that I think is really cool), but with how much I love Gentle & La Brava, this is one I wouldn't mind nabbing if I ever spotted it, though if it's going to be Anime Expo exclusive, doubt that'll be the case.

We have details on the second summer OVA.

It will be titled “Warae! Jigoku no you ni” (Laugh! As if you are in Hell).

It will focus on Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki during their internship with Endeavor. They'll encounter a villain called Smiley.

So the baseball OVA will focus on the supporting cast while the second on will be on the big three as the get into silly shenanigans (I'm assuming that the villain will have a quirk similar to Ms. Joke's). Given what they're going to go through in the next season, they deserve a silly adventure beforehand.
    Like is mentioned above, kind of a shame it's just *another* Endeavor internship story, since I would've liked to see more spotlight on the other groups that might not get the focus in the first OVA, though I guess this is their compromise for not having the "1-A Big Three" in the first one, they're need to be the focus of the second. Hope we get something at least fun and creative about this internship story, and what exactly "Smiley" ends up being (expecting they're gonna end up going full Joker here). Also yeah, will be a huge shame if Ms. Joke doesn't make some kind of appearance given presumably the type of character. Honestly I'd argue she's the actual most under-utilized character in the series, given her cool design, Quirk, great personality, and fun alluded to backstory, but then does nothing since.

For all we know, the 1-A Big Three will still appear in some form in the first OVA

Extraordinary Member

Like is mentioned above, kind of a shame it's just *another* Endeavor internship story, since I would've liked to see more spotlight on the other groups that might not get the focus in the first OVA, though I guess this is their compromise for not having the "1-A Big Three" in the first one, they're need to be the focus of the second. Hope we get something at least fun and creative about this internship story, and what exactly "Smiley" ends up being (expecting they're gonna end up going full Joker here). Also yeah, will be a huge shame if Ms. Joke doesn't make some kind of appearance given presumably the type of character. Honestly I'd argue she's the actual most under-utilized character in the series, given her cool design, Quirk, great personality, and fun alluded to backstory, but then does nothing since.
    I've long been disappointed that we never got a follow up to that little scene where Ms. Joke and Aizawa proposed setting up some collaborated training between their students. Because Ms. Joke is a fun character as you say, and she's got hilarious interactions with Aizawa, and I would've loved to see more of the inner workings of the other schools.

Hell, I'm surprised we've only gotten to see a few of her students when Deku saved their asses from Muscular. The problems with large casts of supporting characters.
    For all we know, the 1-A Big Three will still appear in some form in the first OVA
    I wouldn't be surprised if both groups make like a small cameo in each OVA to clarify why they're not more involved with each other.

I've long been disappointed that we never got a follow up to that little scene where Ms. Joke and Aizawa proposed setting up some collaborated training between their students. Because Ms. Joke is a fun character as you say, and she's got hilarious interactions with Aizawa, and I would've loved to see more of the inner workings of the other schools.
    It is something that seems to be made for Team-Up Missions