Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    The Bakugo stuff I'm still very mixed on, both in a practical and storytelling sense, but the Shigaraki side I really like and I think kind of helps the Bakugo stuff work better in the right context. The idea that the Heroes weren't deterred by Shigaraki "destroying" something and that they're trying to fix it, which in turn returns those troubled memories that no one ever helped him back to the forefront. Not to mention good to see the most "pure unfiltered Shigaraki" in a while without the "AFO influence". Also cool to see this side of him freaking out, and be on the ropes to the point of losing his smile against Mirko, who just like her battle with the Nomu, just proves herself to be this absolute beast that just keeps fighting no matter how crippled she's become. Now she's just got one leg left. Don't know how exactly the Shimuras appearing will play into everything, but I could see it as being his memories becoming visualized through that "Quirk Singularity re-shaping the body" which will cause him to trip himself up more.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Shigaraki's state of mind affecting his grossly over-powered body has always one of the more interesting aspects of him ever since the doctor operated on him. AFO balances him out in their merger, but it's great to see the true Shigaraki having one of his fits is messing things up, even if it probably is temporary right now. But this is how Deku will probably win this fight. He'll be talking directly to Shigaraki and drag him out of the AFO mess that way, the super-powered throwdown between them will mainly be the set dressing. Really looking forward to that.

The Bakugo situation is still kinda whatever at this point. But Mirko fearlessly tearing herself apart to kick around Shigaraki more than makes up for it. And I do love Mirio assist of just covering Shigaraki's eyes, that was just funny.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Shigaraki's state of mind affecting his grossly over-powered body has always one of the more interesting aspects of him ever since the doctor operated on him. AFO balances him out in their merger, but it's great to see the true Shigaraki having one of his fits is messing things up, even if it probably is temporary right now. But this is how Deku will probably win this fight. He'll be talking directly to Shigaraki and drag him out of the AFO mess that way, the super-powered throwdown between them will mainly be the set dressing. Really looking forward to that.

The Bakugo situation is still kinda whatever at this point. But Mirko fearlessly tearing herself apart to kick around Shigaraki more than makes up for it. And I do love Mirio assist of just covering Shigaraki's eyes, that was just funny.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That would actually be a really fun twist that I'd like to see. Deku uses his Quirks to constantly dodge his attacks all the while talking/unintentionally taunting him, causing him to lose his cool more and more until a weak spot opens up to punch. Also I do hope that when Deku finally arrives we get a scenery change, we have already been in this U.A. battlefield for 10 chapters now (not counting jumps to other locations) and I think that's a good idea to shake things up. Although we still need to check back in eventually on Deku over the ocean so we still have a long while until he returns anyway.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Feeling bested by the heroes, Shigaraki's body takes on a larger more compact form and begins plowing through the heroes to get at Bakugou. Mirio despairs at being unable to do anything to stop Shigaraki as Mandalay asks for the barrier around the school to be turned off for two seconds and for the heroes to stall Shigaraki for that long. As Shigaraki tears through Jeanist's fibres, Mirio thinks back to his time with Nighteye and... waves his ass at Shigaraki. This actually works and confuses Shigaraki long enough for Deku jump in and land a Smash.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Brief chapter but fun.

I do like Shigaraki's hulked out form with armor composed of giant fingers and the bizzare fist that resembles his family. It's just weird and creepy.

Hopefully this won't be Mirio's final contribution to this whole thing. It's funny but feels a bit lacklustre, like much of his reappearance since he got his powers back.

Goku has arrived on Namek... I mean, Deku has arrived at U.A. with no indication so far as to who the other people he ran into where. But it is a pretty boss way to enter the fray. Knocking Shigaraki off his feet and all. We'll probably get one or two chapters of this fight before moving on to another one.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Brief chapter but fun.

I do like Shigaraki's hulked out form with armor composed of giant fingers and the bizzare fist that resembles his family. It's just weird and creepy.

Hopefully this won't be Mirio's final contribution to this whole thing. It's funny but feels a bit lacklustre, like much of his reappearance since he got his powers back.

Goku has arrived on Namek... I mean, Deku has arrived at U.A. with no indication so far as to who the other people he ran into where. But it is a pretty boss way to enter the fray. Knocking Shigaraki off his feet and all. We'll probably get one or two chapters of this fight before moving on to another one.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Shigaraki's new form does look really ridiculous, but it does make sense as the final culmination. He used to wear the hands of his family all over his body, now his body is literally covered in fingers AND his family.

I do expect Mirio's mooning of Shigaraki is something that would get alot of people mad, because it really is such an absurd moment in this really tense battle, but I think this is really the only thing that could've happened. It calls back to Nighteye's teachings, and something that Mirio has done several times in the past, and after constantly trying to fight becomes ineffective, that something unconventional like this actually works to not only stop him in his tracks for a moment, but even smirk a bit I think is a good payoff. It's also basically just the "dance off" from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Those final 3 double spread pages were also incredibly exciting. Deku hanging off the side using Blackwhip, the dual pages of them staring at each other, and the final slingshot downward, it's the perfect dramatic entrance to bring us into most likely the final phase of this fight. Also if you notice behind Deku is Star and Stripe's American air fleet, so I assume that's gonna be what he saw earlier.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Bleach combat at it's "finest". The hero has finally arrived and everyone else as been either taken out or wouldn't be able to contribute as the main hero and the big bad square off. I'm suspecting next time will focus on what happened to Deku since we last saw him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Shigaraki's new form does look really ridiculous, but it does make sense as the final culmination. He used to wear the hands of his family all over his body, now his body is literally covered in fingers AND his family.

I do expect Mirio's mooning of Shigaraki is something that would get alot of people mad, because it really is such an absurd moment in this really tense battle, but I think this is really the only thing that could've happened. It calls back to Nighteye's teachings, and something that Mirio has done several times in the past, and after constantly trying to fight becomes ineffective, that something unconventional like this actually works to not only stop him in his tracks for a moment, but even smirk a bit I think is a good payoff. It's also basically just the "dance off" from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Those final 3 double spread pages were also incredibly exciting. Deku hanging off the side using Blackwhip, the dual pages of them staring at each other, and the final slingshot downward, it's the perfect dramatic entrance to bring us into most likely the final phase of this fight. Also if you notice behind Deku is Star and Stripe's American air fleet, so I assume that's gonna be what he saw earlier.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    One has to remember that the only period in which Shigaraki didn't look ridiculous but effectively creepy was from the end of MVA (swanky suit with trademark face hand) through the raid arc (stole bits and pieces that together looked suitably evil overlord-ish). Besides that he's been a lanky hobo man-child covered in hands and now he's got armor made from giant hands growing out of him. It's fitting.

I've also compared it to the GotG dance off. And just like in that instance it does get the job done in a bizzare manner, and you're right that it works as a thematic connection to Mirio's bond with Nighteye. I don't think it's without drawbacks, but it is a funny moment and at least it's only meant to stall a bit, not outright defeat Shigaraki. So I'm overall ok with it.

Did not notice the planes before. That's a cool development, and they probably help Deku rest a bit so he hasn't been forced to fly all the way himself. This can also add an interesting element to the fight if they start using the planes as platforms along with the school. It also nicely gives Deku some further cred in working with such an experienced crew.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Bleach combat at it's "finest". The hero has finally arrived and everyone else as been either taken out or wouldn't be able to contribute as the main hero and the big bad square off. I'm suspecting next time will focus on what happened to Deku since we last saw him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's way more of a Dragon Ball-thing than a Bleach thing really. And there's still plenty of time for Deku to get assistance in doing this. But he is absolutely their biggest gun, so it's natural that he has the best chance of doing anything here.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It's way more of a Dragon Ball-thing than a Bleach thing really. And there's still plenty of time for Deku to get assistance in doing this. But he is absolutely their biggest gun, so it's natural that he has the best chance of doing anything here.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well I've never read DB, but this stinks of Bleach where everyone fights th big bad gets there asses handed to them and only Ichigo could do anything, this is the same, no-one has done any really damage to Tomura, so it will all be up to Deku, epscially as his only help is Mirio who is only a distraction at best and probably Zombie Bakugo.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Well I've never read DB, but this stinks of Bleach where everyone fights th big bad gets there asses handed to them and only Ichigo could do anything, this is the same, no-one has done any really damage to Tomura, so it will all be up to Deku, epscially as his only help is Mirio who is only a distraction at best and probably Zombie Bakugo.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh it's way worse in Dragon Ball. At least in Bleach Ichigo has assistance in his victories against Aizen and Yhwach. And even most of the characters that don't help in those fights have their own cool battles to resolve. Having the main character be the main cog in defeating the main villain isn't a unqiue trait of Bleach anyway. A majority of action adventure series does this. And in this MHA case you have Deku as the main gun, Aizawa and Monoma still disabling Shigaraki's quirks and Star's squad might still be able to help just like they helped Star.

Just decrying this as an instance of the main character solving everything by himself just seems harshly premature.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Oh it's way worse in Dragon Ball. At least in Bleach Ichigo has assistance in his victories against Aizen and Yhwach. And even most of the characters that don't help in those fights have their own cool battles to resolve. Having the main character be the main cog in defeating the main villain isn't a unqiue trait of Bleach anyway. A majority of action adventure series does this. And in this MHA case you have Deku as the main gun, Aizawa and Monoma still disabling Shigaraki's quirks and Star's squad might still be able to help just like they helped Star.

Just decrying this as an instance of the main character solving everything by himself just seems harshly premature.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So far it doesn't seem that wat to me. We just had the Big 3, Bakugo, Murkio and Best Jeanist all up against Tomura and even they admitted they were just trying to delay until Deku arrived and even with that, they didn't weaken Tomura that much. Also As I said Deku's only support is Mirio and maybe some jets which can't do too much given what happened with Star, especially as they probably have used up most of their weapons and fuel in Star's fight against Tomura. He probably will also have Zombie Bakugo but again he pretty much used up everything before he was killed and he isn't going to be in the best shape to fight.

While I would love to see a massive group effort to take out Tomura, so far I can't see that happening.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm alright with Deku providing alot of damage in the fight, I just don't want it to be a case where he could've done it all on his own, since that completely goes against everything the story's been saying. At the very least, we saw Shigaraki had to transform twice while fighting these other heroes, so it's clear they were able to execute some level of damage to him, rather than simply fighting to keep themselves alive.

Also, considering Deku's showing up now, and we still have so many other fights and little plotlines left to conclude, I'm expecting this is not going to be the true final encounter and that we'll be getting something else for the true climax. I am hoping by the very end all of Class 1-A will end up back together to face whatever the final threat is, since I think that would be the most satisfying way to cap everything off.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Did not notice the planes before. That's a cool development, and they probably help Deku rest a bit so he hasn't been forced to fly all the way himself. This can also add an interesting element to the fight if they start using the planes as platforms along with the school. It also nicely gives Deku some further cred in working with such an experienced crew.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I know obviously the smart thing is to keep him in the U.A. containment, but I hope we do get some kind of AFO-powered Shigaraki sky battle, just cause a change in scenery with an opponent with a varied amount of powers would be a nice change of pace. Although maybe that's what "Rewind AFO" is going to bring to the table if he ends up showing up.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm alright with Deku providing alot of damage in the fight, I just don't want it to be a case where he could've done it all on his own, since that completely goes against everything the story's been saying. At the very least, we saw Shigaraki had to transform twice while fighting these other heroes, so it's clear they were able to execute some level of damage to him, rather than simply fighting to keep themselves alive.

Also, considering Deku's showing up now, and we still have so many other fights and little plotlines left to conclude, I'm expecting this is not going to be the true final encounter and that we'll be getting something else for the true climax. I am hoping by the very end all of Class 1-A will end up back together to face whatever the final threat is, since I think that would be the most satisfying way to cap everything off.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that's what it should be. After all Deku's says this is how we became the World's Greatest Heroes, so Class 1-A ( and maybe some of or all of Class 1-B) should be involved and meaningfully contribute in the final battle.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    So far it doesn't seem that wat to me. We just had the Big 3, Bakugo, Murkio and Best Jeanist all up against Tomura and even they admitted they were just trying to delay until Deku arrived and even with that, they didn't weaken Tomura that much. Also As I said Deku's only support is Mirio and maybe some jets which can't do too much given what happened with Star, especially as they probably have used up most of their weapons and fuel in Star's fight against Tomura. He probably will also have Zombie Bakugo but again he pretty much used up everything before he was killed and he isn't going to be in the best shape to fight.

While I would love to see a massive group effort to take out Tomura, so far I can't see that happening.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If this was the very final battle of the series I would be more concerned. But it clearly isn't. There are still several other things to still pick up and resolve in a proper finale between the heroes and villains.

But before that, Deku and Shigaraki need to have a proper 1vs1 scene with their new powers, skills and mindsets. And we need to see how well Deku's resolve to understand villain holds up once he finds out that Bakugo's been fucked up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I know obviously the smart thing is to keep him in the U.A. containment, but I hope we do get some kind of AFO-powered Shigaraki sky battle, just cause a change in scenery with an opponent with a varied amount of powers would be a nice change of pace. Although maybe that's what "Rewind AFO" is going to bring to the table if he ends up showing up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Pretty much. The smart thing is to keep Shigaraki in place. The cool thing is to have him and Deku fly around in the sky unleashing all manner of quirks against each other. Alternatively we'll get another more intense soul battle.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 09-23-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

New little anime trailer.

Not much new but it keeps looking real nice.

spoilers:
    It's revealed the figures Deku saw were in fact Star and Stripe's American military brothers who have been guarding the air around the flying U.A. and help escort Deku back to the school. He arrives to the battlefield knocking Shigaraki down, only to see the comatosed Bakugo and all the other nearly unconscious heroes. This causes him to go into shock, resulting in his Quirks going out of control and reverting to his rabid state, which Shigaraki wants to take advantage of to catch him off guard. Mirio appears to tell Deku everyone is still alive and is able to get him to snap out of it and calm him down. With his mind cleared, he confronts "All For One", asking if Shigaraki is still there.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Alot of good imagery in this chapter, like Deku swinging off the path of fighter jets (which did just make me think of the funny crane scene from The Amazing Spider-Man). Deku going into his feral state again just like in the War is another great visual, and I like Mirio being able to talk him down by getting him to regain control of his emotions, though I wish these two had another interaction in-between the War and now cause I think that would've made this interaction more impactful. And the final image of Deku with the OFA users is also really great (plus I'm pretty sure Deku's making Wolverine claws out of Blackwhip and that's damn cool!) It's going to be really exciting to see how he's going to react to whatever this AFO/Shigaraki is and what he plans to do with the answer.

Also we got a nice colour spread page in honour of Season 6 starting up of the characters gathering around the TV to watch the anime. These cozy pieces are always great to see, though it is really funny just seeing Dabi and Twice chilling with everyone (gotten used to seeing this kind of art with Toga and everyone so that's more normal lol). We're supposedly getting another colour spread next week so hopefully that'll give us another weird fun set of characters watching TV too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    First off love the colour pic, it looks like some strange Alternate Reality where some of the League of Villains were UA students.

The imagery in this chapter was really good, especially Deku Exploding with One-For-All energy and I love how Mirio managed to calm him down. Good to see that the others aren't dead. Also that question at the end will be very important to how this fight plays out.
    end of spoilers