Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Alot of good imagery in this chapter, like Deku swinging off the path of fighter jets (which did just make me think of the funny crane scene from The Amazing Spider-Man). Deku going into his feral state again just like in the War is another great visual, and I like Mirio being able to talk him down by getting him to regain control of his emotions, though I wish these two had another interaction in-between the War and now cause I think that would've made this interaction more impactful. And the final image of Deku with the OFA users is also really great (plus I'm pretty sure Deku's making Wolverine claws out of Blackwhip and that's damn cool!) It's going to be really exciting to see how he's going to react to whatever this AFO/Shigaraki is and what he plans to do with the answer.

Also we got a nice colour spread page in honour of Season 6 starting up of the characters gathering around the TV to watch the anime. These cozy pieces are always great to see, though it is really funny just seeing Dabi and Twice chilling with everyone (gotten used to seeing this kind of art with Toga and everyone so that's more normal lol). We're supposedly getting another colour spread next week so hopefully that'll give us another weird fun set of characters watching TV too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about the crane scene form the Amazing Spider-man, I wonder if it's even a direct reference since Horikoshi is a big Spidey fan. While I typically enjoy a good "hero goes into feral beast mode and stomps on the villain"-scene, I'm really glad that Mirio was able to calm him down. The inspiration and support line doesn't just begin and end with the main characters, and I always appreciated that. Would it have been more impactful if they'd gotten a few more scenes together, yes. But they've been through enough together that it still works.

Either way, I'm glad we got the possibly going rage mode question out of the way. This has been built up as a confrontation Deku has been thinking about for quite some time. He needs his head on straight to go through with all that he's learned.

The color page is delightful and it's kinda bittersweet to see Twice is such a relaxed setting, surrounded by friends. But it's really cute. Also, while it may seem like a random collection of characters most of them do have big scenes in the arc that the anime will cover. ...no idea why Mineta's there though.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    First off love the colour pic, it looks like some strange Alternate Reality where some of the League of Villains were UA students.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My first thought was that it was some kind of actor AU where the cast is chilling behind the scenes while between takes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about the crane scene form the Amazing Spider-man, I wonder if it's even a direct reference since Horikoshi is a big Spidey fan. While I typically enjoy a good "hero goes into feral beast mode and stomps on the villain"-scene, I'm really glad that Mirio was able to calm him down. The inspiration and support line doesn't just begin and end with the main characters, and I always appreciated that. Would it have been more impactful if they'd gotten a few more scenes together, yes. But they've been through enough together that it still works.

Either way, I'm glad we got the possibly going rage mode question out of the way. This has been built up as a confrontation Deku has been thinking about for quite some time. He needs his head on straight to go through with all that he's learned.

The color page is delightful and it's kinda bittersweet to see Twice is such a relaxed setting, surrounded by friends. But it's really cute. Also, while it may seem like a random collection of characters most of them do have big scenes in the arc that the anime will cover. ...no idea why Mineta's there though.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    My first thought was that it was some kind of actor AU where the cast is chilling behind the scenes while between takes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering how many deliberate references there's been to all the Spider-Men, even just recently he revealed Monoma was directly modelled off of Dane DeHaan from ASM2, I would definitely believe it.

We did also already get to see him go full feral rage mode in the War arc, and then reckless during Villain Hunt, so now having him be more controlled, but pissed and determined is the good next direction. Just to see how much he'll be able to truly overwhelm Shigaraki/AFO, not just strength wise, but also in playing the field.

And yeah that's what I saw it as too, that these are the "real people" who then act in the manga/anime. Horikoshi even has these little drawings in the flaps of the volumes where the characters talk about the cover page and refer to him as "the director", so that might just be the "true canon interpretation" hah.
    end of spoilers
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Considering how many deliberate references there's been to all the Spider-Men, even just recently he revealed Monoma was directly modelled off of Dane DeHaan from ASM2, I would definitely believe it.

We did also already get to see him go full feral rage mode in the War arc, and then reckless during Villain Hunt, so now having him be more controlled, but pissed and determined is the good next direction. Just to see how much he'll be able to truly overwhelm Shigaraki/AFO, not just strength wise, but also in playing the field.

And yeah that's what I saw it as too, that these are the "real people" who then act in the manga/anime. Horikoshi even has these little drawings in the flaps of the volumes where the characters talk about the cover page and refer to him as "the director", so that might just be the "true canon interpretation" hah.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Momoma is designed to look like who??? LOL. I'm having trouble really seeing it but it mostly makes me wonder if it in any way reflects how Horikoshi feels about that interpretation of Harry Osborn.

One other major advantage Izuku has over Shigaraki is in terms of relationship with their respective vestige. Izuku has at worst a working relationship with the people inside his quirk, and at best they really dig this crazy little kid. On the other hand, Shigaraki and AFO are only together because it was a forced connection. I'm really interested in seeing how this disparity manifests during the fight.

All right then! Actor AU confirmed. And Toga clearly has the hots for Izuku in that version as well with the way she's looking at him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

First episode of season 6 is here and I love it.

This is no recap episode. There's just a quick update about the story so far at the start and then it's straight into the new arc, which is perfect. There's some additional content, best part being Midnight comforting Komori. And I really like how they did the confrontation with the doctor. Next episode is Mirko's big scene. Gonna be great.

I really like the new opening. The comic book visuals in it are really striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    First episode of season 6 is here and I love it.

This is no recap episode. There's just a quick update about the story so far at the start and then it's straight into the new arc, which is perfect. There's some additional content, best part being Midnight comforting Komori. And I really like how they did the confrontation with the doctor. Next episode is Mirko's big scene. Gonna be great.

I really like the new opening. The comic book visuals in it are really striking.
    Good solid stuff to start off. Most obvious additions I noticed other than the Midnight scene was the scene with Natsuo & Fuyumi and showing the Police HQ reporting in on the operation, which adds an extra level to the whole War planning process that's welcomed. The Nomu stuff at the end of this episode also done very well, of course the highlight being that one striking shot of Mirko fighting the Nomu that everyone has been sharing (and if you remember from Joint Training that one Kaminari shot that was strangely so fluidly animated? Same guy).

And yeah, now that I've listened to the full song in the opening, really like it, and the opening in general is visually one of the best in the series.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees