Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
spoilers:
Sadly since we're back in this battle, and there's a break next week, we're gonna have to wait a bit longer to find out about the cliffhangers from last chapter. Nothing really too deep here, Bakugo's new cannons look really cool, and like the little bit of introspection we get of him recalling on his own misunderstands toward Midoriya, but how since he's gone on to embrace working together and using everyone's strengths. Also I like how "Shigaraki"'s dialogue when he's talking about using the power to re-shape the world has the squiggly text, and his dialogue talking about the flaws of society are normal, showing how the AFO and Shigaraki sides compare and contrast each other.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
I do like how this battle is presented. While Shigaraki's ever-growing finger flood is dangerous even to the assembled group and gives him the overall advantage, the heroes can still fight against it. I do love seeing upgrade gear like what Bakugo is sporting here. It's just nice to see gear being used even by some of the stronger characters. And yeah, Bakugo having nice introspection to show his character development is always, the detail of him calling everybody by name in his thoughts (even Monoma) is a great touch.

The seperate font styles for Shigaraki and AFO are a great indicator of how complete the merge between them is. There's still a chance to save Tenko, but the window is getting smaller.
end of spoilers
Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
spoilers:
Really pisses me off that we have switched fights. Finish a fight and then move on to the next, jumping around is bad writing and doesn't help the story in any way.
end of spoilers
spoilers:
The Endeavor/AFO fight is pretty much finished anyway. AFO was fading away into ash with a last minute "Fuck you." And whatever Deku is encountering hasn't even really started yet. They're cliffhangers for sure to keep the audience hooked while we're checking in on one of the several other fights going on. Besides, jumping around between battles is how Horikoshi has pretty much always handled these kinds of situations where there's a lot going on at once. The main exception being the Shie Hassaikai arc where he was testing out a more classic writing style for those situations and that one is more of streched out slog compared to other similar arcs.

And I strong disagree that the jumping around is bad writing. I've always found that it keeps me engaged with the larger picture of each conflict.
end of spoilers