Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

New chapter

spoilers:
    Endeavor (which both arms intact but a big wound in his side) struggles to get back on his feet while thinking about how he brought this all on himself.

Hawks accepts the help from Tokoyami and Jirou. AFO determines that Jirou is the weak link and goes after her with an extending mouth quirk. Though Hawks manages to keep the kids safe, Jirou is shaken by AFO's malice and viciousness, and she thinks about how Izuku and Yuga have put up with this threat for the entire school year.

AFO taunts her as he combines the mouth to perform a screeching attack that hits the kids while simultaneously striking Hawks with his Rivet Stab. The kids are still up but they're injured, Jirou having lost one of her jacks in the attack. Despite the injury she definatly roars at AFO, and though the attack does little to hinder him it seems to spur on the spirits of the quirks he's stolen. Giving Hawks an opportunity to strike the mask for a third time, breaking it.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Quick and cool battle chapters are fine when they're this good. The general power structure is consistent, the art is great and the tactics are sound. With the two big things being Jirou's defiance and injury, and the vestiges in AFO rebelling against him.

Jirou has always been one of those supporting characters who is very rewarding to enjoy. She doesn't get the most to do in the series, but it's more than a lot of other characters and when she gets screen time she pretty much always shines. Here she's able to work up the nerve to face down the big bad even after the initial adrenaline rush is over and she's been injured. And she's the reason AFO's power is going against for the first time ever. That is quite the achivement. And being part of a solid team attack is just a cherry on the top of all that. Rock on, Earphone Jack!

It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact the combination of AFO's mask breaking and his power acting up against him will have. He's absolutely not down for the count, but this will actually make things more difficult for him. And that's very cathartic to see.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    New chapter
    spoilers:
    Quick and cool battle chapters are fine when they're this good. The general power structure is consistent, the art is great and the tactics are sound. With the two big things being Jirou's defiance and injury, and the vestiges in AFO rebelling against him.

Jirou has always been one of those supporting characters who is very rewarding to enjoy. She doesn't get the most to do in the series, but it's more than a lot of other characters and when she gets screen time she pretty much always shines. Here she's able to work up the nerve to face down the big bad even after the initial adrenaline rush is over and she's been injured. And she's the reason AFO's power is going against for the first time ever. That is quite the achivement. And being part of a solid team attack is just a cherry on the top of all that. Rock on, Earphone Jack!

It'll be interesting to see how much of an impact the combination of AFO's mask breaking and his power acting up against him will have. He's absolutely not down for the count, but this will actually make things more difficult for him. And that's very cathartic to see.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Glad to see the continued message that yeah, someone like Jiro on her own would not be able to fight AFO at all in terms of strength, but that conviction to just try anyway for what you believe is enough to not only inspire others to try and help, as shown through the vestiges within AFO, but also that strength you do have is enough to help those around you succeed, with her sound waves giving Hawks enough strength to destroy it.

I also see the vestiges returning as another sign of AFO losing control. Between Star and Stripe tricking them, to Aoyama tricking them, to the Heroes outsmarting them, and now an "extra" like Jiro not being scared of him, he's slowly starting to become more mentally and emotionally compromised, which is what probably allowed the vestiges the capability to resist, and I could see this reaching the point eventually where AFO starts to panic and becomes incredibly unhinged, just unleashing everything at once.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    LOving that my favourite lady is going so much. Rock On Jiro!

It is also fun to see AFO going on about Jobbers, extras, bit players and the like, while still thinking he's the Big Bad, when he is actually a bit player now in Tomura's story.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Glad to see the continued message that yeah, someone like Jiro on her own would not be able to fight AFO at all in terms of strength, but that conviction to just try anyway for what you believe is enough to not only inspire others to try and help, as shown through the vestiges within AFO, but also that strength you do have is enough to help those around you succeed, with her sound waves giving Hawks enough strength to destroy it.

I also see the vestiges returning as another sign of AFO losing control. Between Star and Stripe tricking them, to Aoyama tricking them, to the Heroes outsmarting them, and now an "extra" like Jiro not being scared of him, he's slowly starting to become more mentally and emotionally compromised, which is what probably allowed the vestiges the capability to resist, and I could see this reaching the point eventually where AFO starts to panic and becomes incredibly unhinged, just unleashing everything at once.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I saw it pointed out that this isn't the first time Jirou has inspired another party with her actions. She's inspired both Kaminari and Koda into overcoming their fears and taking decisive actions, and she was a major part in helping Eri overcome her trauma and smiling again. So while this whole chapter works great as an example of smaller actors coming together to accomplish greater things, I'm also glad there's a consistency in Jirou being unassumingly inspiring.

If AFO actually starts losing here I wonder if he can move himself over to the vestige inside Shigaraki or if he'll just explode his old body or something when he realises that this is as far as it'll go. Hopefully we'll get to see him break down properly into that.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    LOving that my favourite lady is going so much. Rock On Jiro!

It is also fun to see AFO going on about Jobbers, extras, bit players and the like, while still thinking he's the Big Bad, when he is actually a bit player now in Tomura's story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is certainly a case of AFO wanting to have his cake while trying to eat it as well. He did all this work of setting up Shigaraki as his successor and then tried to jump into the driver seat and take over. Unable to completely let it go. And now that's starting to bite him in the ass.
    end of spoilers

We have confirmation that both upcoming OVAs will be getting official releases on Crunchyroll sometime this Summer, and will also be premiering at Anime Expo later this month. Considering the last OVA also got a dub, I presume we'll be getting a dub for this one as well eventually.

We also got more concrete plot synopsis on both of them. The "Hero League Baseball" one will be the Gang Orca and Mt. Lady Agencies facing against the Shishido and Fat Gum Agencies in the finals, which is a no rules, all Quirks allowed, kind of game. A villain also attacks in the middle of it so they have to deal with that.

The "Laugh! As if you are in hell" one is about the villain, Smiley, doodling all over the city, but none of the Pro Heroes think it's serious enough to deal with. Then he draws on Endeavor's house which infuriates him enough to send Deku, Bakugo, & Shoto after him, where they learn his Quirk makes everyone laugh hysterically by looking at him, so have to try and fight him like that.

Honestly, even though the baseball episode with the supporting cast on the off-set sounds like it'd be more appealing, the Smiley one is such an incredibly funny concept to me I'm excited to see that now. It sounds alot like the Dr. Screwball Jones episode of Wander Over Yonder too, which helps me really like the idea.

The baseball one was going well until the cliché villain strikes. As for the second one, apparently vandalism isn't a crime in MHA. Both have become not as appealing as they were before
    Last edited by leokearon; 06-09-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member

We have confirmation that both upcoming OVAs will be getting official releases on Crunchyroll sometime this Summer, and will also be premiering at Anime Expo later this month. Considering the last OVA also got a dub, I presume we'll be getting a dub for this one as well eventually.

We also got more concrete plot synopsis on both of them. The "Hero League Baseball" one will be the Gang Orca and Mt. Lady Agencies facing against the Shishido and Fat Gum Agencies in the finals, which is a no rules, all Quirks allowed, kind of game. A villain also attacks in the middle of it so they have to deal with that.

The "Laugh! As if you are in hell" one is about the villain, Smiley, doodling all over the city, but none of the Pro Heroes think it's serious enough to deal with. Then he draws on Endeavor's house which infuriates him enough to send Deku, Bakugo, & Shoto after him, where they learn his Quirk makes everyone laugh hysterically by looking at him, so have to try and fight him like that.

Honestly, even though the baseball episode with the supporting cast on the off-set sounds like it'd be more appealing, the Smiley one is such an incredibly funny concept to me I'm excited to see that now. It sounds alot like the Dr. Screwball Jones episode of Wander Over Yonder too, which helps me really like the idea.
    I think it's good to have the right expectations for both of these.

The baseball episode sounds like it'll be a chance for some of the supporting characters to take the limelight in a more relaxed and wholesome setting, similar to the school festival. With a bit of action thrown in for good measure.

The other episode seems like it'll be in line with some of the sillier and more humerous OVAs (like the zombie episode) with a focus on class 1A's big three interacting with each other. And I think that having a rather silly episode will be a good contrast to the much darker and serious stuff that's coming in the war arc when series proper returns.

Still, we got one with the supporting cast and one with the main characters, so there's something for everyone. ...except that I can't help but notice that neither Iida or Uraraka get to be part of any of this.

Ibara Shiozaki aka Vines - Class 1-B Funko POP is confirmed

The baseball one was going well until the cliché villain strikes. As for the second one, apparently vandalism isn't a crime in MHA. Both have become not as appealing as they were before
    To be fair, the idea that vandalism isn't treated as that important of a crime is pretty accurate to MHA lore. Since the hero society is primarily focused on the flashy heroics and dealing with dangerous villains, something like graffiti would be considered "beneath them", so everyone would just leave it to someone else. And Endeavor finally going to deal with it because he was personally effected is just really funny to think about. If anything I'm hoping for some good laughs, and also get some funny moments out of seeing how baseball with full Quirk use plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Still, we got one with the supporting cast and one with the main characters, so there's something for everyone. ...except that I can't help but notice that neither Iida or Uraraka get to be part of any of this.
    It is the most consistent shame that Uraraka and Iida, even in the non-essential parts of the story, kind of get stuck on the back burner, only really used for their specific purposes and don't get the chance to have fun as much like in this.

To be fair, the idea that vandalism isn't treated as that important of a crime is pretty accurate to MHA lore. Since the hero society is primarily focused on the flashy heroics and dealing with dangerous villains, something like graffiti would be considered "beneath them", so everyone would just leave it to someone else. And Endeavor finally going to deal with it because he was personally effected is just really funny to think about. If anything I'm hoping for some good laughs, and also get some funny moments out of seeing how baseball with full Quirk use plays out.

It is the most consistent shame that Uraraka and Iida, even in the non-essential parts of the story, kind of get stuck on the back burner, only really used for their specific purposes and don't get the chance to have fun as much like in this.
    It does show another problem with Hero Society if the attitude towards certain crimes is someone else can deal with it.

Yeah it sucks that Uraraka and Iida have been replaced in Deku's big three with Shoto and Bakugi

Loads more Pops being revealed including finally Jiro

Loads more Pops being revealed including finally Jiro

I like the Full Cowling effect on the Deku Pop. Gigantomachia with a giant head and tiny body looks weird.

I like the Full Cowling effect on the Deku Pop. Gigantomachia with a giant head and tiny body looks weird.
    The full cowling does look cool, especially the Glow in the Dark version.

Extraordinary Member

PV for the upcoming season.

Looking good. With some quick parts looking real spiffy.