Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The new episode has a lot of fun with Mirko's big scene. Lots of cool action moments and animation. She just look damn boss. As expected though they censored her arm getting ripped off and left it as just mangled, wonder how they'll deal with her further mutilations down the line.

And they managed to squeeze in Kaminari's big moment as well. They really did make me squee once again for the KamiJirou crumb, and cheer for the dumb electro boy when he charged in. My one complaint is that I would've liked to hear a more fist-pumping song play during the big moment itself. Something like Trinity or even a short burst of You Say Run would've been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The new episode has a lot of fun with Mirko's big scene. Lots of cool action moments and animation. She just look damn boss. As expected though they censored her arm getting ripped off and left it as just mangled, wonder how they'll deal with her further mutilations down the line.

And they managed to squeeze in Kaminari's big moment as well. They really did make me squee once again for the KamiJirou crumb, and cheer for the dumb electro boy when he charged in. My one complaint is that I would've liked to hear a more fist-pumping song play during the big moment itself. Something like Trinity or even a short burst of You Say Run would've been nice.
    Also noticed a couple new moments in the episode, like a scene where Endeavor asks Eraser Head to be his Sidekick, which was weird with how surprising it was, and Deku's group starting their evacuation, with an angry Bakugo ringing on people's doorbells, which was funny.

spoilers:
    After a flashback where we see AFO killing the Second User, where his Quirk, Gearshift, was significantly weaker, we see now just how big that increase is, with Deku unleashing a Quintuple powered Detroit Smash. He then proceeds to use all the Quirks within One For All to evade and drag Tomura into the air and unleash his most powerful attack, shattering Tomura's stomach. Yoichi mentions how OFA and AFO have begun to resonate with each other, and Tomura laments over never getting to use his Quirks or the true power of his body yet. Then, something starts to happen as nine vestiges appear while AFO says he still has a chance of victory, as we cut to the giant Spinner continuing his rampage.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Anytime we get more OFA/AFO backstory I get excited so I really love this opening. Seeing AFO crying, almost certainly cause he found out Yoichi died, all the while the Second is just smiling is great and just brings so much extra character to both of them. Getting to see Deku go all out combining all the Quirks is also a treat and something we've all been waiting for. What is going on with Tomura I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a coincidence that we're seeing "nine" vestiges showing up around him, whether that's referring to the 9 vestiges in OFA, or the popular theory that "Tenko" is the 10th experiment to recreate AFO.

And finally looks like we're getting back to Spinner! The plan is probably for him to rescue Kurogiri so he can warp everyone back together, but we'll see how that goes, and if Shirakumo ends up coming back into play. Either way excited for seeing more of lizard boy again.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Also noticed a couple new moments in the episode, like a scene where Endeavor asks Eraser Head to be his Sidekick, which was weird with how surprising it was, and Deku's group starting their evacuation, with an angry Bakugo ringing on people's doorbells, which was funny.
    I did like the scene with Endeavor and Eraser Head, mainly because of Eraser Head's answer. Any time Aizawa shows how he cares about his stupid kids I'm happy.
    spoilers:
    Anytime we get more OFA/AFO backstory I get excited so I really love this opening. Seeing AFO crying, almost certainly cause he found out Yoichi died, all the while the Second is just smiling is great and just brings so much extra character to both of them. Getting to see Deku go all out combining all the Quirks is also a treat and something we've all been waiting for. What is going on with Tomura I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a coincidence that we're seeing "nine" vestiges showing up around him, whether that's referring to the 9 vestiges in OFA, or the popular theory that "Tenko" is the 10th experiment to recreate AFO.

And finally looks like we're getting back to Spinner! The plan is probably for him to rescue Kurogiri so he can warp everyone back together, but we'll see how that goes, and if Shirakumo ends up coming back into play. Either way excited for seeing more of lizard boy again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is great to see at least some version of AFO finally breaking down from all the efforts put into taking him down. I also like how this is coming about from him underestimating Deku's and One For All's growth, as well as having failed to deal with the Erasure quirk. That was a great little ominous reminder, "All For Shigaraki" here has busted up several potent heroes while his many quirks have been disabled. If he gets just a moment to recover his quirk and rest then shit will really hit the fan.

And it's about time we shifted to another scene. Spinner is a good choice for that. I don't even remember if he's facing off against any noteworthy hero. I just want to see the poor lizard boy get his time to shine (like maybe an anime exclusive flashback to the important scenes the anime cut, hint hint). I wouldn't be surprised if AFO gave Spinner at least one quirk that would allow to remote-controll Kurogiri for one quick teleport spam.

Finally, yes seeing Deku go ham with all of his quirks was wonderful. Our boy has come so far.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Really love Deku mastering One For All and able to use all the different quirks in unison. Also it should be interesting to see what AFO has planned for Spinner.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, the anime is moving along faster than I expected. I thought for sure that the entire season would be just the raid arc. But now I'm not too sure.

And the pacing isn't bad or anything. Everything is moving along at a good speed that's neither rushed or slow. It always just felt like more when reading it.

spoilers:
    Though I am now reminded of how disappointingly anti-climactic I found the reveal of how Dabi knew Hawks' real name.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

New chapter!

spoilers:
    The story moves back a bit in time, to just as Dabi's defeat had been announced. The hulked out Spinner is leading an army of PLF minions and normal citizens that are sympathetic to their cause, it's mainly people that don't really look human due to their quirks. This army of about 15 000 people are charging the hospital where Kurogiri is being held. Opposing them is force of about 200 heroes and police officers.

As much as the heroes try they're getting pushed back and split up by the mob's surprisingly organised assault that's driven by years of resentment at the way people with bodies mutated by quirks are treated. A villain with an insect-like face seems to spur the masses on and espouses how things may be better in the cities, but outside them different-bodied people are still treated like crap.

Spinner barely seems conscious of the situation as he's completely focused on getting Kurogiri back and crushing any who get in his way. Suddenly Shoki steps in and smacks Spinner around a bit. He gets dogpiled by the mob but throws them off and yells at the for attacking a hospital.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I do like it when the story dives into the darker aspects of this society. This mob attacking the hospital is eeriely similar to the January 6 riot at the White House. And the treatment of people with bodies transformed by their quirk seems to have been worse than expected. Kinda wish the series had dived a little deeper into this a little earlier. But I get why it didn't.

I'm glad that Koda and Shoji got some cool scenes here. Koda with saving Mic, and Shoji seems to take center stage for this part. It's been a long time coming for him. Hopefully he can pull off something great. Like, I don't think he can stop the entire mob with his anger, but I want his contribution to be significant. I am really happy about his reasoning here. Seems like he can sympathise with the rioters' anger at the world. But he can't abide by their actions of recklessly charging into a hospital. That along with Shoto's clarifying that he's stopping because he's a murderer and not because of their screwed up family dynamics really resonates with me.

Poor Spinner seems to loose his entire sense of self. I hope he can be saved before this is all over.
    end of spoilers

Hmm, the anime is moving along faster than I expected. I thought for sure that the entire season would be just the raid arc. But now I'm not too sure.

And the pacing isn't bad or anything. Everything is moving along at a good speed that's neither rushed or slow. It always just felt like more when reading it.

spoilers:
    Though I am now reminded of how disappointingly anti-climactic I found the reveal of how Dabi knew Hawks' real name.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, also felt like it's going much quicker than I expected, yet they aren't skipping over anything or doing anything too quickly either. It really is hard to dictate how long an action scene will last from page to screen. Honestly at this pace, I really do believe the end of season might end up being the Star and Stripe battle. Though still hoping they can throw in a couple more extended fights and new sequences throughout.

The whole of the Hawks/Twice encounter was very well done. Some great shots and facial performances, they were able to make it all as effective as it was to read. Very excited to hear it dubbed. The Shigaraki dream sequence was good too. spoilers:
    Though at least seeing Dabi actually mouthing his name works better overall than the black speech bubble.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I do like it when the story dives into the darker aspects of this society. This mob attacking the hospital is eeriely similar to the January 6 riot at the White House. And the treatment of people with bodies transformed by their quirk seems to have been worse than expected. Kinda wish the series had dived a little deeper into this a little earlier. But I get why it didn't.

I'm glad that Koda and Shoji got some cool scenes here. Koda with saving Mic, and Shoji seems to take center stage for this part. It's been a long time coming for him. Hopefully he can pull off something great. Like, I don't think he can stop the entire mob with his anger, but I want his contribution to be significant. I am really happy about his reasoning here. Seems like he can sympathise with the rioters' anger at the world. But he can't abide by their actions of recklessly charging into a hospital. That along with Shoto's clarifying that he's stopping because he's a murderer and not because of their screwed up family dynamics really resonates with me.

Poor Spinner seems to loose his entire sense of self. I hope he can be saved before this is all over.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've definitely been seeing alot of debate online regarding how much in "bad taste" the whole sequence is, which I feel like is just unavoidable when you set-up an event like this and need to pay it off in a big way.

I think the important way they're approaching it is that like half the mob, including the guy preaching to the choir, are from the PLF, so they really are just going off the villain playbook of taking real issues and using that as an excuse for their anarchic actions, which in turn incite the civilians being effected into action, thinking by following along things will change. Which like Shoji mentions, they don't appear to have a "plan", other than storm the Hospital even if innocents get hurt. I think the smart way for this to go would be for some civilians to question exactly they're doing, which then results in some in-fighting with the PLF warriors.

I really wonder where Spinner is going to end up by series' end. Because his whole arc has been him being forced to follow and fulfill roles he doesn't have his heart into, so you think the climax has to be him finally breaking free and doing something he wants to do. I also don't see how you can take him out of the story without one more interaction with Shigaraki, and considering what happened during the Summer Camp, Deku too, so putting the three of them in one scene I think could lead to some incredibly interesting drama.

Also, kind of awkward place for a Star Wars reference. The "6/6 Incident" is subtle enough you can miss out on it but then realize what it means, but "Great Jeda Purge" is just too obvious you just end up mostly chuckling rather than taking it completely seriously.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A very good part, I wonder how the group will react to seeing their champion Spinner becoming a Mindless creature like a Nemu. Also it is good to see both Koda and Shoji getting more of the limelight hopefully both of them will prove instrumental in stopping Spinner and his group.
    I agree that the Anthropomorphic hatred should ahve been brought up more, especially given Class 1-A has two people being Anthropomorphic
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The increasingly maddening Spinner replies to Shoji's comment about the Hospital with a simple "don't care", forcing the Liberation soldier to improvise and rile the army back up. Alongside his Body Bulk Quirk, Spinner was also given a Scalemail Quirk, which he uses to completely cover himself in sharp scales and fight Shoji head-on. Seeing his friend in trouble, Koda thinks back to sometime when they were at U.A., when Shoji showed off his mouth and scars, explaining how he came from a town that heavily persecuted him and abused him for his look. As his classmates cheer him up, he proceeds to mention how an incident where he saved a girl was what inspired him to be a hero, and that he will continue to help fight the prejudice in anyway he can. In the present, Koda undergoes a transformation as he faces the Liberation soldier, while Shoji stands strong against Spinner.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Another good chapter continuing on from last. Nice to see the deeper dive into Shoji as a character, through both his past, his beliefs, and his words toward Spinner and the heteromorphs. It's one that everyone says we probably should've seen somewhere earlier in the story, but it still works well here. Really sweet moment with the classmates embracing him, reminds you how much we love them all being together. Also the little moment of Spinner remembering talking with Shigaraki about playing League of Legends is both really funny, but also helps reiterate the close relationship those two had.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Love that both Shoji and Koda are getting a chance to shine, hopefully they will both be successful in taking out Spinner and the other guy. Also seeing all of CLass 1-A hugging Shoji just reminds me of how much I miss the Academia part of the series
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Another good chapter continuing on from last. Nice to see the deeper dive into Shoji as a character, through both his past, his beliefs, and his words toward Spinner and the heteromorphs. It's one that everyone says we probably should've seen somewhere earlier in the story, but it still works well here. Really sweet moment with the classmates embracing him, reminds you how much we love them all being together. Also the little moment of Spinner remembering talking with Shigaraki about playing League of Legends is both really funny, but also helps reiterate the close relationship those two had.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree with the notion that it really would've nice to explore this whole aspect of Shoji's character earlier (for building up his character and world building purposes). But giving us this information now works fine as well. Shoji straight forward kind of guy, and he's always given off a strong stoic image. This flashback helps reinforce that image quite effectively.

The giant hug pile on Shoji is a great moment, and I'm glad that Mineta got a little scene of apologising for an incencitive remark from earlier in the series. That helps a lot in actually making Mineta less annoying. More of that please.

Koda going through a quirk growth and going all Alfred Hitchcock's Birds on the speaker villain is a kickass image. I've always wanted to see him command armies of animals as a beast master.

And yeah, Shiggy and Spinner bonding over their gaming interest is a nice reminder of what I like about the LoV. They're people too. Deeply disturbed and dangerous people, but still people. I also like that this is one of the first times we get to see the direct effects of having multiple quirks. Spinner is losing himself and becoming even more simple minded that Gigantomachia who has like seven or eight quirks. It's real creepy actually.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Love that both Shoji and Koda are getting a chance to shine, hopefully they will both be successful in taking out Spinner and the other guy. Also seeing all of CLass 1-A hugging Shoji just reminds me of how much I miss the Academia part of the series
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I hope we get some more school related shenanigans before the story is all over.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The anime has gotten to Shigaraki waking up, and I love how they did his initial wave of Decay. It really sells just how much a of a living disaster this guy is.

spoilers:
    I agree with the notion that it really would've nice to explore this whole aspect of Shoji's character earlier (for building up his character and world building purposes). But giving us this information now works fine as well. Shoji straight forward kind of guy, and he's always given off a strong stoic image. This flashback helps reinforce that image quite effectively.

The giant hug pile on Shoji is a great moment, and I'm glad that Mineta got a little scene of apologising for an incencitive remark from earlier in the series. That helps a lot in actually making Mineta less annoying. More of that please.

Koda going through a quirk growth and going all Alfred Hitchcock's Birds on the speaker villain is a kickass image. I've always wanted to see him command armies of animals as a beast master.

And yeah, Shiggy and Spinner bonding over their gaming interest is a nice reminder of what I like about the LoV. They're people too. Deeply disturbed and dangerous people, but still people. I also like that this is one of the first times we get to see the direct effects of having multiple quirks. Spinner is losing himself and becoming even more simple minded that Gigantomachia who has like seven or eight quirks. It's real creepy actually.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, I hope we get some more school related shenanigans before the story is all over.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I always enjoyed the school stuff, it is a shame that it has largely been forgotten in favour of Shonen fights
    end of spoilers