Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I always enjoyed the school stuff, it is a shame that it has largely been forgotten in favour of Shonen fights
    end of spoilers
    Well, it is primarily a shounen action story. So it makes sense that the more slice of life oriented stuff would get pushed to the side as the main story gets closer to the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Well, it is primarily a shounen action story. So it makes sense that the more slice of life oriented stuff would get pushed to the side as the main story gets closer to the climax.
    True, still I wish it wasn't complete dropped.

The anime has gotten to Shigaraki waking up, and I love how they did his initial wave of Decay. It really sells just how much a of a living disaster this guy is.
    I like all the little additions they brought to it, like actually seeing X-Less destroying the Drug containment pod, seeing Shigaraki kill X-Less and start up the Decay, and also the extra stuff at the Police HQ that also helps sell the confusion of everything going wrong.

True, still I wish it wasn't complete dropped.
    I think we just needed it to be paced a bit better. Whether that's having a full laid-back arc before the War arc, or sprinkling a bit more relaxing moments before the start of THIS War arc, just to let the characters and world breathe a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

I think we just needed it to be paced a bit better. Whether that's having a full laid-back arc before the War arc, or sprinkling a bit more relaxing moments before the start of THIS War arc, just to let the characters and world breathe a bit more.
    Yeah, so sort of breather would have been nice instead of jumping straight into another final battle arc

spoilers:
    After a flashback showing Shoji and Koda asking to be dispatched at the Hospital due to learning about the "call to action" for the heteromorphs, the fighting continues. Koda uses his new transformation, which heightens his Quirk's range and abilities, to overpower the Liberation soldier, while Shoji and Mic blast Spinner. Shoji tries again to plead to the army to think about their actions, but Spinner repeats his "call to action", and charge right into the hospital. He continues his way toward Kurogiri, thinking about how he's finally been able to become someone with people to follow him, only to turn around and see no one, as it turns out the army had second thoughts upon seeing the unarmed hospital staff. Mic follows Spinner into Kurogiri's containment facility, as the two call out to Shirakumo and Kurogiri respectively.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Looks like next chapter (which will be in 2 weeks) will be the conclusion of this mini-arc/section. It did go what I was expecting, where the heteromorphs finally reach the hospital and see the innocents, which is what caused them to stop. We'll have to see if we get any other sort of conclusion regarding this. I like the little thing with Koda's mother and her statement about getting mad at those who laugh at those you care about. I really like seeing Spinner's fall as he's gone full-in into the delusion of his self-worth that he needs strength and power to become "somebody", and that it still didn't work. And now we'll finally get to see if Shirakumo wakes up. I'm expecting we're getting a half-and-half, there's gonna be some portal chaos throwing everybody all over the place.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Looks like next chapter (which will be in 2 weeks) will be the conclusion of this mini-arc/section. It did go what I was expecting, where the heteromorphs finally reach the hospital and see the innocents, which is what caused them to stop. We'll have to see if we get any other sort of conclusion regarding this. I like the little thing with Koda's mother and her statement about getting mad at those who laugh at those you care about. I really like seeing Spinner's fall as he's gone full-in into the delusion of his self-worth that he needs strength and power to become "somebody", and that it still didn't work. And now we'll finally get to see if Shirakumo wakes up. I'm expecting we're getting a half-and-half, there's gonna be some portal chaos throwing everybody all over the place.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm really glad that both Shoji and Koda got this moment to shine and a little further look into their back stories. I especially like see Koda's dad standing up for his mom.

And how can I not love an attack name like "Hitchcock Birds". Pure fun right there.

It's interesting to me that while Spinner's clearly not all there, he's able to recite a whole speech from memory. Probably because it's part of his single minded focus of helping the League and Shigaraki now. And while I'm ok with a lot of the crowd stopping as they see the unarmed hospital staff standing in their way, some of the were PLF members and should probably still be fighting. We'll see how that's going next chapter.

A split Kurogiri/Shirakumo spreading chaos through portals before one dominant personality reaserting itself would be interesting. Still not sure if I want Shirakumo to be revived or not.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Greet seeing two of Class 1-A's background members getting a chance to shine. Also did Koda's birds knock that guy off the roof?

Poor Spinner even with his new superpowered form is still MHA's resident butt-monkey. With seemingly everyone abandoning him.

I really hope that it reveals that LoudCloud is back in control, the heroes really need a win and we don't need anything to drag out this story any more.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A split Kurogiri/Shirakumo spreading chaos through portals before one dominant personality reaserting itself would be interesting. Still not sure if I want Shirakumo to be revived or not.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I also reminded myself that Kurogiri wasn't the only Nomu the Hospital had in their research ward. So if we could also get the return of the USJ Nomu and the others they have, and either have them under the Heroes' control, or they are also awaken and cause chaos, that'd be really fun to see.

I feel like they need to have one moment of Shirakumo in control with him, Aizawa, and Mic all together, though it's hard to imagine him fully being revived and not dying out by the end of the story. Though that would be really great to see if the story went on for longer, seeing how those two rehabilitate someone who came back from the dead, even if it's far from likely to actually happen.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The army slowly stops their fighting, as the heteromorphs feel more unsure about their actions. The Liberation soldier held down by Koda continues to try and rile them up, but one of them speaks to Shoji about his anger but also not wanting to hurt the innocents in the hospital, with Shoji telling them their hatred wasn't misguided and to be proud in their resolve so they can induct real change. Meanwhile, Mic destroys Spinner's recordings, and prepares to finish Kurogiri off to prevent him from being awakened. However, using his remaining strength and memories of Shigaraki, Spinner gives Kurogiri Shigaraki's remaining hand, telling him to save him. This re-awakens "Kurogiri", now with the partially appeared face of Shirakumo.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I feel overall this conclusion to the heteromorph stuff was alright, could've been done alot better with more time, but I don't think as bad as others may say. I appreciate the continued emphasis that the civilians rage was justified and that it was their targeting of the innocents in the hospital that was the issue, and that they need to target their anger in the right direction. I also like that this isn't a clear "Everyone immediately stops cause of Shoji", as they show the Liberation soldiers still trying to fight back, and its the civilians who are the ones whose feelings wavered.

The "Kurishumo"/"Shiragiri" side is definitely the most interesting part. Like seeing Spinner come around to his realization that he truly just cares about his friendship with Shigaraki and wants to help him succeed. Also seeing Mic hesitating, since its clear their plan was for him to kill Kurogiri in case things got bad, while wanting to believe that Shirakumo is still in there. And then we have Shigaraki's last hand returning re-sparking into this new Shirakumo/Kurogiri fusion, which also has a really great look in the colour page. Really wondering now in what way the two personalities are going to clash, and in what way "the protector of Tomura Shigaraki" actually means.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The army slowly stops their fighting, as the heteromorphs feel more unsure about their actions. The Liberation soldier held down by Koda continues to try and rile them up, but one of them speaks to Shoji about his anger but also not wanting to hurt the innocents in the hospital, with Shoji telling them their hatred wasn't misguided and to be proud in their resolve so they can induct real change. Meanwhile, Mic destroys Spinner's recordings, and prepares to finish Kurogiri off to prevent him from being awakened. However, using his remaining strength and memories of Shigaraki, Spinner gives Kurogiri Shigaraki's remaining hand, telling him to save him. This re-awakens "Kurogiri", now with the partially appeared face of Shirakumo.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I feel overall this conclusion to the heteromorph stuff was alright, could've been done alot better with more time, but I don't think as bad as others may say. I appreciate the continued emphasis that the civilians rage was justified and that it was their targeting of the innocents in the hospital that was the issue, and that they need to target their anger in the right direction. I also like that this isn't a clear "Everyone immediately stops cause of Shoji", as they show the Liberation soldiers still trying to fight back, and its the civilians who are the ones whose feelings wavered.

The "Kurishumo"/"Shiragiri" side is definitely the most interesting part. Like seeing Spinner come around to his realization that he truly just cares about his friendship with Shigaraki and wants to help him succeed. Also seeing Mic hesitating, since its clear their plan was for him to kill Kurogiri in case things got bad, while wanting to believe that Shirakumo is still in there. And then we have Shigaraki's last hand returning re-sparking into this new Shirakumo/Kurogiri fusion, which also has a really great look in the colour page. Really wondering now in what way the two personalities are going to clash, and in what way "the protector of Tomura Shigaraki" actually means.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like the way the heteromorph resolves with showing that a lot of them are just venting their anger and got caught in the moment. I also like Shoji one again pointing out that he racism and hatred won't go away overnight. The Kurogiri stuff was a mixed bag, the emotional stuff was great from both Spinner and Mic, I'm not happy that it seems that it seems that it is another win for the bad guys just to prolong this storyline.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The bigotry is such an interesting aspect of the story and world at large that one can't help but wish that it was a much bigger part of the plot. But as it is, it's alright as you say. I'm glad that the series makes these solid distinctions between valid anger and violent thoughtless actions. We see it here with the civilians being rightfully pissed about how they're treated, and it was also present with Shoto acknowledging Dabi grievences but also admonishing his serial killings. That distinction is important to make I think.

It would be pretty cool if Kurogiri starts trying to protect Shigaraki against AFO. Preferably by gathering up the surviving LOV members for a twisted power of friendship scene. But yeah, that whole scene was quite intense with Spinner and Mic's almost dueling motivations being put on clear display as they're rushing towards their friend/ally. It's a bit surprising even now that we're getting a third character with possibly multiple voices in their head, besides Deku and Shigaraki. Though it's different kind of inner battle.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The next episode of Death Battle will feature our dear broccoli boy himself. Deku takes on Asta from Black Clover.

Here's the preview for Deku's rundown.

spoilers:
    I like the way the heteromorph resolves with showing that a lot of them are just venting their anger and got caught in the moment. I also like Shoji one again pointing out that he racism and hatred won't go away overnight. The Kurogiri stuff was a mixed bag, the emotional stuff was great from both Spinner and Mic, I'm not happy that it seems that it seems that it is another win for the bad guys just to prolong this storyline.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    To be fair, I feel like there's still SO MUCH left that the series needs to resolve that adding Kuri/shumo to throw in some monkey wrenches that need to be resolved will help give excuses for that to happen.

We still have of course Deku and Shigaraki + AFO. The entire Todoroki stuff. Ochaco and Toga. The students protecting Gigantomachia. The other students we still haven't seen yet. Whatever's going on with the civilians that were at U.A. And then all the other villains we need to still see make a final appearance, Stain, Overhaul, Gentle & La Brava, Lady Nagant, Mr. Compress, the rest of the MLA, etc. Alot that still needs to be covered in what (I assume will be) 30-ish more chapters, so hopefully they can get it all in.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    To be fair, I feel like there's still SO MUCH left that the series needs to resolve that adding Kuri/shumo to throw in some monkey wrenches that need to be resolved will help give excuses for that to happen.

We still have of course Deku and Shigaraki + AFO. The entire Todoroki stuff. Ochaco and Toga. The students protecting Gigantomachia. The other students we still haven't seen yet. Whatever's going on with the civilians that were at U.A. And then all the other villains we need to still see make a final appearance, Stain, Overhaul, Gentle & La Brava, Lady Nagant, Mr. Compress, the rest of the MLA, etc. Alot that still needs to be covered in what (I assume will be) 30-ish more chapters, so hopefully they can get it all in.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's exactly my point we already have at least 5 main storylines unresolved we don't need another twist now to prolong it, especially with the series ending. We haven't seen anything to do with Toga since Deku left, despite it being the final battle between the two main female characters of the series. This is the final arc, which was planned to end this year, while that isn't going to happen due to the two week gaps between chapters to prevent burn-out, it is going to end up with stuff being rushed or resolved off-panel.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A weather reporter in America reveals that a giant storm cloud has emerged over Japan as a result of Endeavor, Shoto, and Dabi's firepower and continues to grow. She also voices her opposition at the world's insistence to pander to All For One. Meanwhile, Dabi continues his burning rage with everyone still unaware of how he is still standing and fighting. Dabi is about to try and fly his way to Endeavor's location when he's suddenly enveloped by a Warp Gate. At the flying U.A., Monoma continues to keep his eyes on the fight despite the storm, only for them to be caught off guard by the arrival of Kurogiri behind them. In Gunga, AFO gloats to Endeavor and Hawks as Warp Gates appear above them. From one emerges Dabi, and the other, two Twice's, sending Hawks into a panic.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Definitely alot of surprises going on here. Like the cool world building showing the effects of what the massive fire battles are doing to the ecosystem. Wondering if there will potentially be something else going on with Dabi for why he is still alive, or if it is simply just "man too angry to burn just yet". We get what I expected was to happen being a switch up for the villains, sending Dabi over to Gunga to face Endeavor, and probably now have AFO either go to U.A., or also send Deku and Shigaraki to Gunga too. But the biggest reveal being Toga managed to take Twice's blood and now has unleashed the Doubles. We see one of them is holding Tsuyu's goggles (she's almost certainly not dead), so we are gonna have to see next chapter a flashback of what happened there. I am expecting Shoto and Ochaco to follow them through the portals too, don't see how their battles are going to end like that. But either way, Twice is "back", so I'm happy!
    end of spoilers