Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

We got Volume 33 cover, and FINALLY a Midoriya/Uraraka/Iida centred one! Really excellent one here!

7e2e508sm1d81.jpg

Also as a bonus, Chapters 4-9 of Team-Up Missions from Volume 2 are now on Shonen Jump+ so now easy to read, I recommend checking it out there's some fun stuff in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    We got Volume 33 cover, and FINALLY a Midoriya/Uraraka/Iida centred one! Really excellent one here!

7e2e508sm1d81.jpg

Also as a bonus, Chapters 4-9 of Team-Up Missions from Volume 2 are now on Shonen Jump+ so now easy to read, I recommend checking it out there's some fun stuff in there!
    Since I don't have SJ+, I'll wait for the physical release, but I'm excited

Extraordinary Member

7e2e508sm1d81.jpg
    That is an AMAZING cover! It's been way too long since Ochako and Iida got to be on the cover, and it's the first time Ochako is so prominently featured. But damn if it wasn't worth the wait!

spoilers:
    Toga goes to visit her old family home, reminiscing on some of her past, before Dabi burns it down. They then reveal that during the War, Dabi had taken a sample of Twice's blood, which would allow Toga to Transform into him, and thus utilize his Double Quirk. Elsewhere, Spinner continues to worry over "Shigaraki's progress", while Skeptic and AFO tell him he must take command of the remaining villain forces that are looking to him for guidance. He reluctantly accepts as the villain forces start to assemble.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This chapter was surprisingly fantastic. Everything with Toga continues to be incredibly disturbing and tragic, helping to flesh her out even more. The revelation about Twice's blood just opens up so many questions of what's going to happen, how she's going to make use of Double, and what this means for her eventual fight/encounter. And then Spinner's situation just keeps being more interesting and engaging, seeing him stuck in this position of now having to be the face of the oppressed heteromorphs, when all he really cares about his helping his friend, a friend who may not even be himself anymore. I also really like how Dabi and All For One are keeping close to Toga and Spinner, almost like they know they are the ones with the most reservations, and easier to manipulate (plus again showing how similar those two really are). Also, sudden re-appearance of the Sludge Villain! I wonder if this means he'll be who Bakugo's gonna rematch with.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Well back to bad guys. It is interesting to see how both Toga and Spinner are being manipulated by Dabi and AFO. Toga getting Twice's blood is interesting and it now gives her twist when she goes up against Urakaha again. It should be interesting to see how well Spinner will do as a leader.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    This chapter was surprisingly fantastic. Everything with Toga continues to be incredibly disturbing and tragic, helping to flesh her out even more. The revelation about Twice's blood just opens up so many questions of what's going to happen, how she's going to make use of Double, and what this means for her eventual fight/encounter. And then Spinner's situation just keeps being more interesting and engaging, seeing him stuck in this position of now having to be the face of the oppressed heteromorphs, when all he really cares about his helping his friend, a friend who may not even be himself anymore. I also really like how Dabi and All For One are keeping close to Toga and Spinner, almost like they know they are the ones with the most reservations, and easier to manipulate (plus again showing how similar those two really are). Also, sudden re-appearance of the Sludge Villain! I wonder if this means he'll be who Bakugo's gonna rematch with.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What I really like about the Toga/Dabi scene is the ambiguous trust between them. Like, burning down Toga's old home is a darkly nice thing to on Dabi's part, but it's pretty darn clear he's at least partly doing it to get in her good graces since she's their back up to Twice. But we do suspect that rest of the League area already kind of aware that Dabi doesn't really care about them and is just using them since they wanted similar things, and that they're ok with it since they're all kinda messed up. So this scene is both nicely twisted and darkly wholesome. Just what I want from this crew.

More insight into Toga's past, even if it's short, is always welcome. This time further clarifying why she feels unwelcome in society. The damage people did to her house even after she'd run away from her family is a haunting sight. She doesn't have a lot of Twice's blood so it'll probably have to be used at a strategic moment where the sudden and unexpected rush of numbers can turn the tide of the battle. And given that Toga generally seems more dangerous than Twice in terms of close combat and murdering, this is very dangerous prospect.

Poor Spinner is just trying to hold things together, care for his friend and fulfill the goals that they share. But the constant prodding has worn him down into accepting this "leader" role.

A rematch between the Sludge villain and Bakugo would be an interesting moment. It wouldn't be quite as big of a moment as the other destined match ups, but it's something for Dynamight.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:

A rematch between the Sludge villain and Bakugo would be an interesting moment. It wouldn't be quite as big of a moment as the other destined match ups, but it's something for Dynamight.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see Bakugo Vs the Sludge Villain as being similar to Deku Vs Muscular Rd2, where Bakugo easily defeats him to show how much he has changed since their first meeting
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    What I really like about the Toga/Dabi scene is the ambiguous trust between them. Like, burning down Toga's old home is a darkly nice thing to on Dabi's part, but it's pretty darn clear he's at least partly doing it to get in her good graces since she's their back up to Twice. But we do suspect that rest of the League area already kind of aware that Dabi doesn't really care about them and is just using them since they wanted similar things, and that they're ok with it since they're all kinda messed up. So this scene is both nicely twisted and darkly wholesome. Just what I want from this crew.

More insight into Toga's past, even if it's short, is always welcome. This time further clarifying why she feels unwelcome in society. The damage people did to her house even after she'd run away from her family is a haunting sight. She doesn't have a lot of Twice's blood so it'll probably have to be used at a strategic moment where the sudden and unexpected rush of numbers can turn the tide of the battle. And given that Toga generally seems more dangerous than Twice in terms of close combat and murdering, this is very dangerous prospect.

Poor Spinner is just trying to hold things together, care for his friend and fulfill the goals that they share. But the constant prodding has worn him down into accepting this "leader" role.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, there's definitely a sense that Dabi cares *a little* for the League as people, rather than purely as individual tools for his goals, despite what he claims, but Toga now being their new ace up their sleeve makes him want to keep a closer eye on her.

The most interesting thing regarding Toga turning into Twice would be when she uses Double, would the clones actually be of the "real Twice", or would they be of herself as Twice? There's also the possibility of if she'd be able to siphon off more blood from these doubles to transform for a longer period of time. At the very least, we know since Toga would have to measure others in order to properly Double them, copying herself is pretty much the only thing she could do. Maybe this leads into her climax being the heroes needing to find and neutralize the "real Twice/Toga".

It makes me just even more excited for finally the moment when he realizes that "Shigaraki" isn't really "Shigaraki" and does something to help his friend. We've seen moments like Kirishima reaching out to Bakugo and Iida reaching out to Midoriya showing how Midoriya and Bakugo knew they weren't the right person to reach out to help, so what if that's the same here, Midoriya isn't the one that should reach out to Shigaraki, Spinner has to be.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    I can see Bakugo Vs the Sludge Villain as being similar to Deku Vs Muscular Rd2, where Bakugo easily defeats him to show how much he has changed since their first meeting
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've also seen some people suggest that the Sludge Villain could also take someone hostage and Bakugo has to deal with that, since obviously him being a hostage was what caused so much trouble last time. Plus would give Bakugo a good clear "Win and save" scenario too. (I've even seem some suggest the hostage could be All Might, which is harder to see how that scenario would come to be, but would be incredibly powerful if it does happen)
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, there's definitely a sense that Dabi cares *a little* for the League as people, rather than purely as individual tools for his goals, despite what he claims, but Toga now being their new ace up their sleeve makes him want to keep a closer eye on her.

The most interesting thing regarding Toga turning into Twice would be when she uses Double, would the clones actually be of the "real Twice", or would they be of herself as Twice? There's also the possibility of if she'd be able to siphon off more blood from these doubles to transform for a longer period of time. At the very least, we know since Toga would have to measure others in order to properly Double them, copying herself is pretty much the only thing she could do. Maybe this leads into her climax being the heroes needing to find and neutralize the "real Twice/Toga".

It makes me just even more excited for finally the moment when he realizes that "Shigaraki" isn't really "Shigaraki" and does something to help his friend. We've seen moments like Kirishima reaching out to Bakugo and Iida reaching out to Midoriya showing how Midoriya and Bakugo knew they weren't the right person to reach out to help, so what if that's the same here, Midoriya isn't the one that should reach out to Shigaraki, Spinner has to be.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I've also seen some people suggest that the Sludge Villain could also take someone hostage and Bakugo has to deal with that, since obviously him being a hostage was what caused so much trouble last time. Plus would give Bakugo a good clear "Win and save" scenario too. (I've even seem some suggest the hostage could be All Might, which is harder to see how that scenario would come to be, but would be incredibly powerful if it does happen)
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The clones should just be copies of Toga looking like Twice, so all she would be able to do is replicate, which seems to be the main idea. Along with trying to get Spinner to lead the remaining villains, it seems that they are just trying to rebuild their numbers.

I like the idea of Bakugo having to save someone from the Sludge villain before trashing him.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's a lot of technical questions regarding Toga as Twice. My main query being whether the clones will have Twice's power once they're created or if they need to become Twice as well in order to use his quirk, and will the clones automatically have clone blood from Twice once they're created since they need that to work. I'm assuming that one way or another she will be able to create a clone army that's somewhat different from Twice's. I just hope that some of these questions will be clarified by then.

Spinner saving the real Shigaraki by reaching out to him in a critical moment would be a great parallel to those scenes. Really hammer in that the League are people too. Really bad people, but still people who didn't just turn evil in a vaccum.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:

I like the idea of Bakugo having to save someone from the Sludge villain before trashing him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think that giving Bakugo a moment to focus on saving that relates to himself in the final battle is a good idea. It's more compelling and fitting that to use the sludge villain as a way to show his progression ala Deku vs. Muscular rematch. Mainly because Bakugo has been shown to be a very dominant force ever since that incident and I can easily see him beating the sludge villain on his own now, compared to Deku who went from only winning against Muscular because of a momentary distractino allowing him to go Plus Ultra for a massive hit to effectively leading him around by the nose and making his own moment to win. It just wouldn't be quite as effective for Bakugo vs. the sludge villain round two.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

The latest DLC character for One's Justice 2 has been revealed. It's a pretty obvious choice in hindsight. The babysitter and taxi of the League of Villains himself, Kurogiri!

Some of his moves remind me of LeMillion.

Extraordinary Member

Doesn't seem to be any new chapter this week, but we did get this nice little trailer for the upcoming volume 33.

spoilers:
    There's a lot of technical questions regarding Toga as Twice. My main query being whether the clones will have Twice's power once they're created or if they need to become Twice as well in order to use his quirk, and will the clones automatically have clone blood from Twice once they're created since they need that to work. I'm assuming that one way or another she will be able to create a clone army that's somewhat different from Twice's. I just hope that some of these questions will be clarified by then.

Spinner saving the real Shigaraki by reaching out to him in a critical moment would be a great parallel to those scenes. Really hammer in that the League are people too. Really bad people, but still people who didn't just turn evil in a vaccum.
    end of spoilers]
    spoilers:
    It will be interesting if this will be a "Chekov's Gun" ala the Quirk Destroying Bullet in the War where it's an issue that they have to worry about but they manage to deal with Toga before she's able to make any effective use out of it, or if she actually does execute some kind of "Sad Man's Parade".
    end of spoilers

The latest DLC character for One's Justice 2 has been revealed. It's a pretty obvious choice in hindsight. The babysitter and taxi of the League of Villains himself, Kurogiri!

I was not expecting Kurogiri, but he looks really cool to play as at least! Also don't know if him fighting Present Mic was intentional or not...but if it was nice touch. I'm still feeling pretty insistent that the final 2 DLC characters should be Monoma (so they can have a complete 1-B trio) and Spinner (the last remaining League member).

spoilers:
    Undercover spies for All For One scheme within U.A. to spur discourse to get Izuku to leave. At the same time, 1-A return from their search, where they're informed by All Might of their secret plans for the second War. The next day, 1-A move out of U.A. after telling the civilians of Shigaraki's incoming completion, into a new fortified structure called "Troy". Izuku and Ochaco have a conversation where he thanks her for her speech, as well as also talking about their feelings regarding the villains, specifically Toga and Shigaraki and wanting to understand them. Shoto thinks similar things about Dabi. Chapter ends on the day of the final confrontation.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Kinda disappointed we didn't get to actually see the kids out doing their search squad stuff, and already jumping toward the conclusion seemingly next week does seem a bit too fast, could've fit in a couple more important developments during this time. Despite that though, the Izuku and Ochaco conversation was excellent. It's great seeing how much they've grown, from being overly flustered all the time, to now being able to have this fairly serious talk with each other. Izuku even compliments her and she just brushes it off. It's also great hearing her perspective on Toga, once again demonstrating, like some people's worries, this isn't about forgiving the villains, but understanding them to learn why they became this way, and that's all done really well. Same with the little convo with Shoto and the guys and Bakugo jokingly bringing up Dabi'd like udon. We'll just have to see who's going to make the first move in battle and what the heroes plan is, especially considering their new fortress is literally dubbed "Troy".
    end of spoilers