Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I still think that even with the splitting up of the villains the heroes are aiming to go after them in teams. Which is good way of showing that each villains is dangerous enough that multiple heroes are required to take them down, while also showcasing multiple heroes. I'm actually pretty excited to see what hero team-ups we're getting.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really hope Nejire gets a chance to shine this time.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    That they are indeed going for the divide and conquer approach with the addition of the domes to ensure that the villains end up where they want to is a surprising and nice touch, UA's construction budget is as insane as always. Though there's still time for some villains to mess things up a bit by busting through their dome. Whatever happens, it's nice to know that the initial plan of dividing up the bad guys wasn't just abandoned. Gonna be interesting to see how everybody splits up.

I'm also a bit appeased by how the heroes knew that the initial search was probably not going to yield any results and used that against AFO's arrogance. It doesn't give us any of the quiet moments that could've been had during that time. But at least it was planned.

Shinso's outfit is pretty dope. Clearly Aizawa inspire but more tactical and with its own flavour in the net patterns. Can't wait to see it in color. And I loved the genuine moment Monoma has with Vlad and Aizawa, I always knew he wasn't just an overcompensating little ****. He's doing his best too. And I'm definitely thinking that he might've copied Erasure as well.

I think we have maybe one or two more setup chapter before we get to the real meat of this final battle.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that was a nice touch that effectively all the meandering was just to make AFO think they really were just stumped and that it'd be easier to take advantage of them at their "lowest". I liked Bakugo's funny way of wording it.

I'm hoping they don't just use him as the Warp Gate guy and basically take advantage of him being a mini-AFO, having a bunch of extra Quirks at his disposal. At Central Hospital alone we know they have all the other Nomu in storage, plus potentially people like Mr. Compress, Lady Nagant, and Overhaul. An arsenal like that would be killer.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Not massively happy with the whole splitting up everyone to fight approach. I would prefer to see more teamwork, than work together and split up apporach of Bleach and onther mangas.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think it depends on who the actual team-ups are going to be during the split up fights. I feel like, at least at the beginning, it needs to be all of Class 1-A versus Shigaraki, because that's what was set-up during the Deku vs. Class A fight, demonstrating just how everyone can work together to take down a threat and how effective it is. And then afterwards they can again split up into their more personal confrontations: Deku and Shigaraki, Ochaco and Toga, Shoto and Dabi, etc.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    The plan continues as the heroes have split the villain forces to multiple large sites. The ones we see are the Gunga Villa site, the memorial at Kamio Ward, the UA school campus in a massive structure suspended in the air and what seems to be some kind of water park. Fatgum is put in charge of the heroes that'll be taking down the villains that weren't shoved through portal. AFO faces off against Endeavor and Hawks, and trash talks their decisions. Dabi and Shoto will have their climactic showdown at the Kamino Ward. Shigaraki ends up at the school were he would've had to face Deku... if Deku wasn't yoinked along with Toga to the water park without triggering his danger sense.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As suspected, we're still in the setup of these final battles with some neat surprises here and there. The reveal of the flying UA school was neat, and it's a solid way of keeping Shigaraki from using his quirk if he doesn't want to fall through air (though I'm pretty sure he'd survive that just fine.

There's something hilarious about Toga just yoinking the super strong Deku away from the plan and, probably unintentionally, throwing a massive wrench in the whole thing. It's a good and simple way of messing things up for the heroes to make it more of a scramble.

I'm wondering if the random hero who got to speak for like half a page is related to Crust since he seems to have a similar quirk effect. Monoma just living his best life was great, and I hope there are still plans for him in this arc. If nothing else he can try to act as Deku's taxi in the coming chapters. Our four main villains are all split up but no sign of where Spinner ended up. I wonder if that will become important later.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As suspected, we're still in the setup of these final battles with some neat surprises here and there. The reveal of the flying UA school was neat, and it's a solid way of keeping Shigaraki from using his quirk if he doesn't want to fall through air (though I'm pretty sure he'd survive that just fine.

There's something hilarious about Toga just yoinking the super strong Deku away from the plan and, probably unintentionally, throwing a massive wrench in the whole thing. It's a good and simple way of messing things up for the heroes to make it more of a scramble.

I'm wondering if the random hero who got to speak for like half a page is related to Crust since he seems to have a similar quirk effect. Monoma just living his best life was great, and I hope there are still plans for him in this arc. If nothing else he can try to act as Deku's taxi in the coming chapters. Our four main villains are all split up but no sign of where Spinner ended up. I wonder if that will become important later.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I really love the clever twist that we just assumed Deku would be facing off only against Shigaraki, and while that WAS the plan, Toga throws a monkey wrench into it and now they have that face off first. It's really exciting because, other than Fake Camie from the License Exam, this will be the first real time Deku and Toga have had a confrontation, and considering Ochaco being here, and her not activating his Danger Sense presumably cause she has "no ill intent", I think we're in for a very juicy interaction coming up.

Also figured out that the reason Shigaraki's Decay probably didn't work last chapter was because of the steel under the ground, which they've said is strong enough to resist Decay. And considering they've thrown him onto the floating U.A., with all of the steel there, that's presumably the plan to halt it. I guess 1-on-1ing Shiggy will be what "Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight" will have to deal with in the mean time. (Also potential Age of Ultron/Sokovia reference here too)

I assume Spinner and Skeptic are both still at the secret cave hideout keeping watch/commanding the warriors, in a similar way to All Might now, since they aren't really fighters and would probably get their asses handed to them. If anything at least keeping them in the back pocket for a while means we'll still have some surprises regarding their roles in the battle in the future.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Interesting to see how Toga VS her 'friends' go
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I really love the clever twist that we just assumed Deku would be facing off only against Shigaraki, and while that WAS the plan, Toga throws a monkey wrench into it and now they have that face off first. It's really exciting because, other than Fake Camie from the License Exam, this will be the first real time Deku and Toga have had a confrontation, and considering Ochaco being here, and her not activating his Danger Sense presumably cause she has "no ill intent", I think we're in for a very juicy interaction coming up.

Also figured out that the reason Shigaraki's Decay probably didn't work last chapter was because of the steel under the ground, which they've said is strong enough to resist Decay. And considering they've thrown him onto the floating U.A., with all of the steel there, that's presumably the plan to halt it. I guess 1-on-1ing Shiggy will be what "Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight" will have to deal with in the mean time. (Also potential Age of Ultron/Sokovia reference here too)

I assume Spinner and Skeptic are both still at the secret cave hideout keeping watch/commanding the warriors, in a similar way to All Might now, since they aren't really fighters and would probably get their asses handed to them. If anything at least keeping them in the back pocket for a while means we'll still have some surprises regarding their roles in the battle in the future.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Izuku did encounter Toga during the Overhaul arc, I do believe that he understood that she'd been acting as Camie there when she revealed her shapeshifting. But yes, this should be quite the intense interaction. Though I wonder if how long Izuku will actually stay there before rushing off towards where he's actually supposed to be while Ochako deals with Toga.

I doubt that the plan was for anyone to 1v1 Shigaraki (because that would be immensely dumb). But they are lacking a Deku, which is basically one entire class 1A at this point, so whatever the plan was nobody there is in for a good time. If the floating place is turned into a crashing meteor I could buy it as a AoU refence.

If Spinner and Skeptic are both the computer guys for the LoV then I wouldn't be surprised if they come to blows at some point and Spinner will have to choose between doing what makes sense for the plan and what makes sense for saving Shigaraki and his friends.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Izuku did encounter Toga during the Overhaul arc, I do believe that he understood that she'd been acting as Camie there when she revealed her shapeshifting. But yes, this should be quite the intense interaction. Though I wonder if how long Izuku will actually stay there before rushing off towards where he's actually supposed to be while Ochako deals with Toga.

I doubt that the plan was for anyone to 1v1 Shigaraki (because that would be immensely dumb). But they are lacking a Deku, which is basically one entire class 1A at this point, so whatever the plan was nobody there is in for a good time. If the floating place is turned into a crashing meteor I could buy it as a AoU refence.

If Spinner and Skeptic are both the computer guys for the LoV then I wouldn't be surprised if they come to blows at some point and Spinner will have to choose between doing what makes sense for the plan and what makes sense for saving Shigaraki and his friends.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder if this may set up that Izuku's going to be bouncing around to other areas through the Warp Gates, dealing with other problems before eventually getting to Shigaraki.

I noticed that also supposedly running into the portal alongside Bakugo is Mirko, Edgeshot, and Ryukyu, so if that is true that'll be a very interesting and unique pairing to go up against him with.

Also thinking about what the specific reasoning behind each of the destinations are. Gunga Mountain makes sense for AFO, lots of open space to fight, same with floating U.A. and Shigaraki, hard to Decay and nothing for the Decay to expand to if it does succeed. But Dabi in Kamino and Toga at the aquarium make less sense at first, so we'll have to see with that.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I wonder if this may set up that Izuku's going to be bouncing around to other areas through the Warp Gates, dealing with other problems before eventually getting to Shigaraki.

I noticed that also supposedly running into the portal alongside Bakugo is Mirko, Edgeshot, and Ryukyu, so if that is true that'll be a very interesting and unique pairing to go up against him with.

Also thinking about what the specific reasoning behind each of the destinations are. Gunga Mountain makes sense for AFO, lots of open space to fight, same with floating U.A. and Shigaraki, hard to Decay and nothing for the Decay to expand to if it does succeed. But Dabi in Kamino and Toga at the aquarium make less sense at first, so we'll have to see with that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Toga at the aquarium could be to give Tsuyu an advantage
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Bakugo, Tamaki, Nejire, Edgeshot, Mirko, and Best Jeanist face off against "Shigaraki" in the now flying U.A. fortress. While attempting to fight, they reveal the fortress is designed to split up into segments as a way to combat his Decay, as well as surrounded by an electromagnetic barrier that will shock even him if he gets too close. They also reveal that it is being constantly maintained by Power Loader, Cementoss, Mei and the Development Course, and Momo, while the power is provided by Kaminari, Manga, and the other electric-based students. Even more, Monoma, accompanied by Aizawa and Manual, Copies Erasure to further deter "Shigaraki". Everything seems to be going for the better, until "Shigaraki" suddenly begins to sprout a monstrous array of fingers from his hand, throwing them to consume Mirko.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This is a really cool aspect about this climax that I hope they continue on more through the rest of the battles, in making use of everybody and their natural abilities beyond simply their fighting prowess. Having Mei and everyone actually be right there in the middle of the conflict is really exciting, having Momo and Kaminari supply incredibly useful support, they even found a way to make Lunch Rush important to the plan, that's great! Plus of course Monoma manically laughing using Erasure is always fun. It is an interesting team they put together to deal with Shigaraki, and still immensely hilarious Tamaki and Nejire are here together and NO MIRIO STILL.

Now "Shigaraki" and his weird fingers of death. I'm feeling this is basically the result of the nearly complete fusion of All For One and Tomura, that by "surpassing the Quirk Singularity", their Quirk Factors are evolving beyond the point of even being a "Quirk", so we're seeing all the hands that AFO has been using to suppress and consume Shigaraki in the vestige world now being externalized. How they deal with it we'll have to see.

It'll also be interesting to see how Horikoshi manages to bounce around between these 4 battlefields: AFO, Shigaraki, Toga, and Dabi, plus any other changes in locations they may add too. He used to have an issue with multiple fights at once, but he handled it well in the War arc, so hopefully he can pace everything out pretty well here too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm wondering how he will handle these fights. I really hope he doesn't just jump to another fight every chapter
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    This is a really cool aspect about this climax that I hope they continue on more through the rest of the battles, in making use of everybody and their natural abilities beyond simply their fighting prowess. Having Mei and everyone actually be right there in the middle of the conflict is really exciting, having Momo and Kaminari supply incredibly useful support, they even found a way to make Lunch Rush important to the plan, that's great! Plus of course Monoma manically laughing using Erasure is always fun. It is an interesting team they put together to deal with Shigaraki, and still immensely hilarious Tamaki and Nejire are here together and NO MIRIO STILL.

Now "Shigaraki" and his weird fingers of death. I'm feeling this is basically the result of the nearly complete fusion of All For One and Tomura, that by "surpassing the Quirk Singularity", their Quirk Factors are evolving beyond the point of even being a "Quirk", so we're seeing all the hands that AFO has been using to suppress and consume Shigaraki in the vestige world now being externalized. How they deal with it we'll have to see.

It'll also be interesting to see how Horikoshi manages to bounce around between these 4 battlefields: AFO, Shigaraki, Toga, and Dabi, plus any other changes in locations they may add too. He used to have an issue with multiple fights at once, but he handled it well in the War arc, so hopefully he can pace everything out pretty well here too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Agreed on the general excellence of everybody helping out even if it isn't through direct combat. Though given how the place emphasis on electricity still working on Shigaraki I wouldn't be surprised if Kaminari steps up and holds his off for a brief moment if/when things go awry. Monoma being here to use Erasure nicely explains why he isn't acting as a taxi with Kurogiri's ability. Dude can't leave until Shigaraki's been taken down.

I've seen some people moan about Shigaraki using powers even when under the effect of Erasure. But given that he has blatant superhuman stats that don't count as a quirk anymore I can absolutely see the end goal being him just having super-powers that go beyond quirk factors. But those growing hands are giving me Tetsuo-vibes so somebody absolutely needs to save his ass soon.

Horikoshi has defintely grown in terms of combat pacing. I for one thought that the bouncing back and forth during the War arc was near perfect. So I'm hoping that he's able to take that up a notch here. If nothing else it's an ambitious set up for a final battle.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Agreed on the general excellence of everybody helping out even if it isn't through direct combat. Though given how the place emphasis on electricity still working on Shigaraki I wouldn't be surprised if Kaminari steps up and holds his off for a brief moment if/when things go awry. Monoma being here to use Erasure nicely explains why he isn't acting as a taxi with Kurogiri's ability. Dude can't leave until Shigaraki's been taken down.

I've seen some people moan about Shigaraki using powers even when under the effect of Erasure. But given that he has blatant superhuman stats that don't count as a quirk anymore I can absolutely see the end goal being him just having super-powers that go beyond quirk factors. But those growing hands are giving me Tetsuo-vibes so somebody absolutely needs to save his ass soon.

Horikoshi has defintely grown in terms of combat pacing. I for one thought that the bouncing back and forth during the War arc was near perfect. So I'm hoping that he's able to take that up a notch here. If nothing else it's an ambitious set up for a final battle.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm thinking that Shigaraki is developing super powers that can no longer be classified as a Quirk, hence Erasure no longer being as effective.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No Warp Gates for the moment also means we'll probably get Deku having to manually book it over to Shigaraki after dealing with whatever happens with Toga. I saw a map someone online made detailing where all the battlefields are, and where he is currently, in one direction is the AFO battlefield, and in the other direction is Shigaraki. It does show that they really did spread everyone out on different sides of the map, so he will probably have to go All Might speed to get there in a reasonable time anyway.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm thinking that Shigaraki is developing super powers that can no longer be classified as a Quirk, hence Erasure no longer being as effective.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I'm hoping they don't go the route of him just suddenly still able to use Quirks despite Erasure because he's "that powerful", cause that'd feel cheap, but it being a new evolution makes much more sense and is more interesting to deal with, since it's something they can't easily counter now. Also now very much believing that the 2nd user's Quirk is gonna be some "Gridman-esque" Fixer Beam that can destroy or heal, and that's how Deku manages to stop the AFO/Shiggy fusion.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    "Tomura"'s transformation is revealed to be a byproduct of the Quirk Singularity, his body naturally growing and expanding to accompany his ever-evolving Quirks. As the fingers constantly increase, the Heroes realize that stopping Erasure to Warp Deku would lead to him being able to Decay through all the fingers, so he must make it over himself while they stay and fight.

Meanwhile, on Okuto Island, Deku and Ochaco are in the middle of the battlefield when Toga suddenly comes running in, confessing her love for Deku while trying to stab him. Even despite trying to hurt him, her affection for him is so strong it doesn't trigger Danger Sense, as she tells him she wants him to be her boyfriend greatly confusing the two.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Short chapter but with two very interesting setups. Got the Quirk Singularity coming into play again with Shigaraki's really cool monstrous set of endless fingers. Wondering how they're gonna end up dealing with all of this if/when the Erasure wears off and Deku comes back. Also really liked the little bit of Mirko's spare robo parts, plus of course her and Bakugo yelling at each other.

I am really excited to see this Toga confrontation continue on. Just the whole nature of her delusion in love being so strong it doesn't even activate Danger Sense is really cool, and the image of her running at him and confessing is really funny. Have no idea where this is going to lead, even if her making a potential heel-face turn could still be in the cards. Also, the anime-exclusive Sirius making an appearance here is pretty cool, and I love Moonfish in here as an extra cameo too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    "Tomura"'s transformation is revealed to be a byproduct of the Quirk Singularity, his body naturally growing and expanding to accompany his ever-evolving Quirks. As the fingers constantly increase, the Heroes realize that stopping Erasure to Warp Deku would lead to him being able to Decay through all the fingers, so he must make it over himself while they stay and fight.

Meanwhile, on Okuto Island, Deku and Ochaco are in the middle of the battlefield when Toga suddenly comes running in, confessing her love for Deku while trying to stab him. Even despite trying to hurt him, her affection for him is so strong it doesn't trigger Danger Sense, as she tells him she wants him to be her boyfriend greatly confusing the two.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Short chapter but with two very interesting setups. Got the Quirk Singularity coming into play again with Shigaraki's really cool monstrous set of endless fingers. Wondering how they're gonna end up dealing with all of this if/when the Erasure wears off and Deku comes back. Also really liked the little bit of Mirko's spare robo parts, plus of course her and Bakugo yelling at each other.

I am really excited to see this Toga confrontation continue on. Just the whole nature of her delusion in love being so strong it doesn't even activate Danger Sense is really cool, and the image of her running at him and confessing is really funny. Have no idea where this is going to lead, even if her making a potential heel-face turn could still be in the cards. Also, the anime-exclusive Sirius making an appearance here is pretty cool, and I love Moonfish in here as an extra cameo too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nice seeing Sirius making a cameo. Yeah the Toga stuff is getting more interesting. It is really hard to see where this is going especially now that her "boyfriend" and two bests "friends" are there.
    end of spoilers