Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Short chapter but with two very interesting setups. Got the Quirk Singularity coming into play again with Shigaraki's really cool monstrous set of endless fingers. Wondering how they're gonna end up dealing with all of this if/when the Erasure wears off and Deku comes back. Also really liked the little bit of Mirko's spare robo parts, plus of course her and Bakugo yelling at each other.

I am really excited to see this Toga confrontation continue on. Just the whole nature of her delusion in love being so strong it doesn't even activate Danger Sense is really cool, and the image of her running at him and confessing is really funny. Have no idea where this is going to lead, even if her making a potential heel-face turn could still be in the cards. Also, the anime-exclusive Sirius making an appearance here is pretty cool, and I love Moonfish in here as an extra cameo too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The addition of extra hands and fingers nicely keeps this from being a repeat of the previous Shigaraki battle with Erasure involved. There are plenty of smart and powerful heroes present, so I'm certain that they'll come up with something to at least stall him out. But the tension is very real. And yes, the robo-parts for Mirko shooting out to her is really cool. Horikoshi is great at coming up with fun support items, so I've started wondering what his original idea for Deku would've been like.

I'm really happy we get to see Gang Orca's aquarium. Not sure why since I don't even remember where it was referenced, but I'm happy to see it. Same with cameos from Sirius and Moonfish, wonder if Selkie will pop up as well.

Different translations seem to have a somewhat different interpretation about why Toga didn't activate Danger Sense. One is that her sense of love is so warped that it her expression of love (i.e. stabbing) doesn't register as an attack. Another is that she's just too far below Izuku's abilities so she doesn't register as a real threat to him. Not sure which one I prefer.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Nice seeing Sirius making a cameo. Yeah the Toga stuff is getting more interesting. It is really hard to see where this is going especially now that her "boyfriend" and two bests "friends" are there.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It'd be a really funny if the solution was just to tell her that he'll be her boyfriend if she stops the killing and see if that works lol
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    The addition of extra hands and fingers nicely keeps this from being a repeat of the previous Shigaraki battle with Erasure involved. There are plenty of smart and powerful heroes present, so I'm certain that they'll come up with something to at least stall him out. But the tension is very real. And yes, the robo-parts for Mirko shooting out to her is really cool. Horikoshi is great at coming up with fun support items, so I've started wondering what his original idea for Deku would've been like.

I'm really happy we get to see Gang Orca's aquarium. Not sure why since I don't even remember where it was referenced, but I'm happy to see it. Same with cameos from Sirius and Moonfish, wonder if Selkie will pop up as well.

Different translations seem to have a somewhat different interpretation about why Toga didn't activate Danger Sense. One is that her sense of love is so warped that it her expression of love (i.e. stabbing) doesn't register as an attack. Another is that she's just too far below Izuku's abilities so she doesn't register as a real threat to him. Not sure which one I prefer.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Aquarium also acts as a dual reference to Horikoshi's Oumagadoki Zoo, which is where Gang Orca originated from too. It'll be cool if he's able to work in some more of the Aquarium characters as cameos here.

I believe the intention is the former rather than the latter, because based on what we've seen of Danger Sense, it appears that it only activates when a person attacking is intending to hurt him, since there's instances like the Class A fight and Mei's boob bomb, or AFO exploding the mansion since nobody was actually around for the Quirk to "sense". So Toga just being so delusionaly infatuated with him that it doesn't sense her as attacks as "danger" I think makes sense.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It'd be a really funny if the solution was just to tell her that he'll be her boyfriend if she stops the killing and see if that works lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Or even for them all to be friends. Since Toga really wants Deku, Uraraka and Tsu to like her.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Another kinda unexpected but sensible choice.

Still thinking that the last one will be Black Whip Deku.

Hurray for Mdinight. I'm hoping the final character isn't another Deku. He has like 3 versions already.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Hurray for Mdinight. I'm hoping the final character isn't another Deku. He has like 3 versions already.
    Those are chump numbers.

Goku has 4 variants in Fighterz, and that's without counting the characters that look like Goku. Naruto has god knows how many variants in the final Ninja Storm game.

If you're the main protag having enough versions to take up a fifth of the roster is expected.

Extraordinary Member

Early new chapter!

spoilers:
    After the narrator disses Izuku for being a nerd who doesn't really get girls, the fight goes on. Toga explains why she likes Izuku and how she wants to become the people that she loves. She hides in the chaos of the battle and ask Izuku what he wants to do with her. He replies that while he can understand where she's coming from he can't abide by her method of expressing her love. Accepting the dejection as just one in a long row, Toga resigns herself to kill Izuku and Ochako. Froppy shows up with a kick that sends Toga back and gives them some breathing room. Ochako tells Izuku to go after Shigaraki like they planned while they deal with Toga. Deku seems to have a realization but runs off as Toga gets back up.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Seriously, did Bakugo pay the narrator this week. That had me laughing real hard.

But yeah, pretty short chapter this week. Battle chapters usually are, but this packs this part of the confrontation into a nice 20 pages.

Toga's gotten her answer and as expected it wasn't what she hoped for. But there's something sad in how quickly she just accepts it with no further push. Everyone has always dismissed her (for very valid reasons mind you) and nobody ever tried to help her in a healthy way either. It further shows how important the League is to her as the only people to accept her and her crazyness. It's going to be real interesting to see how Ochako approaches Toga now.

I figured that Izuku wouldn't stick around for long here. But it was great to have him here for this part of the Toga fight. I like that they've determined that Ochako is the best opponent for Toga since she's had the most confrontations with her. And the page where Toga disappears in the crashing waves from the battle is just cool.

Again, short but fun chapter.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Short but sweet and good. So far it looks like this is going to end in tragedy for Toga. Hopefully we will get another chapter out of this before going to the next fight.
    end of spoilers

Another kinda unexpected but sensible choice.

Still thinking that the last one will be Black Whip Deku.
    A surprise, but a welcomed one! Also always love Elizabeth Maxwell's performance of her so hearing more of her quips and remarks is an added bonus. While I think Blackwhip Deku would be cool, I still hope it's a different character, just cause it may feel kinda cheap to have the final DLC character just be ANOTHER Deku.

Monoma, Spinner, Mirko, Best Jeanist, or Re-Destro are what feel like would be the "biggest candidates" left, or they could go completely out of left field and bring in someone else.

spoilers:
    Seriously, did Bakugo pay the narrator this week. That had me laughing real hard.

But yeah, pretty short chapter this week. Battle chapters usually are, but this packs this part of the confrontation into a nice 20 pages.

Toga's gotten her answer and as expected it wasn't what she hoped for. But there's something sad in how quickly she just accepts it with no further push. Everyone has always dismissed her (for very valid reasons mind you) and nobody ever tried to help her in a healthy way either. It further shows how important the League is to her as the only people to accept her and her crazyness. It's going to be real interesting to see how Ochako approaches Toga now.

I figured that Izuku wouldn't stick around for long here. But it was great to have him here for this part of the Toga fight. I like that they've determined that Ochako is the best opponent for Toga since she's had the most confrontations with her. And the page where Toga disappears in the crashing waves from the battle is just cool.

Again, short but fun chapter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Apparently the kanji in the original Japanese is written in the same way as Bakugo's typical speech, so seems like Bakugo IS the narrator this week, which is just such a weird choice.

I did like how he was able to relate to her with his desire of wanting to be like All Might, especially because we saw when he tried to hard to be exactly like All Might, he turned into that monster (not to mention while he didn't physically hurt anybody, he was emotionally hurting those he cared about during this time too). It's cool that Toga is able to literally represent the theme of MHA about the dangers of obsessively trying to become someone else.

It is feeling very likely, based on Toga's words about them not viewing her and the others as "people", that the conclusion to this fight will probably involve Ochaco saving Toga somehow, possibly from one of those shockwaves, and that snaps her out long enough for Ochaco to apprehend her/her to surrender. Either way, I wouldn't mind if we either followed Deku next or switched over to another battlefield, and save this conclusion for later, so we'll have to see how that decides to go.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

A surprise, but a welcomed one! Also always love Elizabeth Maxwell's performance of her so hearing more of her quips and remarks is an added bonus. While I think Blackwhip Deku would be cool, I still hope it's a different character, just cause it may feel kinda cheap to have the final DLC character just be ANOTHER Deku.

Monoma, Spinner, Mirko, Best Jeanist, or Re-Destro are what feel like would be the "biggest candidates" left, or they could go completely out of left field and bring in someone else.
    Since Mirko has really done a lot in the anime yet I don't think she'll be included. Re-Destro probably has the best odds here. Or they could go for a completely bonkers choice and give us Gigantomachia. But I have no idea how they would make that guy work in this game.
    spoilers:
    Apparently the kanji in the original Japanese is written in the same way as Bakugo's typical speech, so seems like Bakugo IS the narrator this week, which is just such a weird choice.

I did like how he was able to relate to her with his desire of wanting to be like All Might, especially because we saw when he tried to hard to be exactly like All Might, he turned into that monster (not to mention while he didn't physically hurt anybody, he was emotionally hurting those he cared about during this time too). It's cool that Toga is able to literally represent the theme of MHA about the dangers of obsessively trying to become someone else.

It is feeling very likely, based on Toga's words about them not viewing her and the others as "people", that the conclusion to this fight will probably involve Ochaco saving Toga somehow, possibly from one of those shockwaves, and that snaps her out long enough for Ochaco to apprehend her/her to surrender. Either way, I wouldn't mind if we either followed Deku next or switched over to another battlefield, and save this conclusion for later, so we'll have to see how that decides to go.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The funniest thing is that while Deku is a bit oblivious and shy around girls, his idea for a date (handholding, sharing crepes and going to an amusement park) is really solid. The narrator is just being an *******.

Really winning the fights against Toga, Dabi and Shigaraki must include convincing them that they need help and that things can change. Just beating them up would be a rather hollow victory I think. So it will be interesting to see how that is balanced here. And I think that we might get a little more with the Toga fight before jumping over to Todoroki vs. Dabi. We're still kinda in phase 2 of the setup part and all the showdowns need to be established.
    end of spoilers

Since Mirko has really done a lot in the anime yet I don't think she'll be included. Re-Destro probably has the best odds here. Or they could go for a completely bonkers choice and give us Gigantomachia. But I have no idea how they would make that guy work in this game.

spoilers:
    The funniest thing is that while Deku is a bit oblivious and shy around girls, his idea for a date (handholding, sharing crepes and going to an amusement park) is really solid. The narrator is just being an *******.

Really winning the fights against Toga, Dabi and Shigaraki must include convincing them that they need help and that things can change. Just beating them up would be a rather hollow victory I think. So it will be interesting to see how that is balanced here. And I think that we might get a little more with the Toga fight before jumping over to Todoroki vs. Dabi. We're still kinda in phase 2 of the setup part and all the showdowns need to be established.
    end of spoilers
    I'd probably expect Mt. Lady as the bonkers choice first before Gigantomachia, especially since she's in the MHA Battle Royale game that's supposed to come out this year, so they already have those assets made, and I could see them working around her giant abilities.

spoilers:
    I imagine we'll also be getting another shift in all the battlefields eventually, like I don't expect Endeavor to not have some other confrontation with Dabi alongside Shoto, and AFO will most likely make another surprise move and not just be confined to the mountains, so we'll see how that goes. Dabi is definitely the most "awarely unhinged" of the three, so I won't be surprised if that's much more of a pure battle of brawns without really a possibility of reasoning as may be for the others.
    end of spoilers

I'd probably expect Mt. Lady as the bonkers choice first before Gigantomachia, especially since she's in the MHA Battle Royale game that's supposed to come out this year, so they already have those assets made, and I could see them working around her giant abilities.
    Mt. Lady would be fun to see.

spoilers:
    Deku blasts his way across the ocean using Float, Fa Jin, and Air Force, though still laments not being fast enough. The Second User warns him not to overdo it, as well as warning him to only use his Meta Ability as a last resort, as it has evolved into something much different after connecting with OFA. With Deku gone, Ochaco and Tsuyu prepare to face down Toga. Meanwhile in Kamino, Dabi burns everything down in a fire tornado, confronted by Shoto and the Flaming Sidekickers. They all declare they aren't there on Endeavor's orders, but because they want to be. Shoto then asks Dabi why he didn't come home if he didn't die, as his continually rotting face readies to tell him the truth of how he survived.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I like that there's a central theme in the chapter about everybody having their own reasons to fight beyond just for the "greater plan", and that those feelings are what drive everything. Deku flying in the air just like how Bakugo does is a nice tough. Getting some more hints about what exactly the Second User's Quirk is, which I'm still thinking is going to be some kind of laser with a secret application. We got a break next week, but next chapter we'll finally be getting the last piece of Dabi's puzzle and finding out how he survived. Also, even if it is clearly unfinished, I love the sketchiness of that final page, with Dabi's flesh and everything melting away like he's melting off the page.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Why do I have the feeling that the second user's quirk is going to be a dud. Basically Deku uses it on AFO and it does beans to him. While it is a two week wait, it is great to finally get the birth of Dabi.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I like that there's a central theme in the chapter about everybody having their own reasons to fight beyond just for the "greater plan", and that those feelings are what drive everything. Deku flying in the air just like how Bakugo does is a nice tough. Getting some more hints about what exactly the Second User's Quirk is, which I'm still thinking is going to be some kind of laser with a secret application. We got a break next week, but next chapter we'll finally be getting the last piece of Dabi's puzzle and finding out how he survived. Also, even if it is clearly unfinished, I love the sketchiness of that final page, with Dabi's flesh and everything melting away like he's melting off the page.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it's a good idea to establish how much these battles are as much about personal ambitions and motivations, as they are about all the big ideas too. Further examplified by how we got our main villains as the focused battles.

I do love that Dabi clearly does understand the motivations of the other League members, even if he doesn't really care about them. He at least pays attention to them. It's such a great dysfunctional family dynamic. And this flashback is going to be something else, at least I hope so. I want to be fascinated and horrified by what Toya went through to become Dabi. And yeah, the unfinished and sketchy nature of the last page works really well with Dabi's whole wibe.

As for the second's quirk. He asked if Deku did try to use, I assume to move faster than he was currently doing, and the way it evolved by being part of OFA has changed it beyond just amplifying it like with the other quirks. And now it's at the point where it's best used as a trump card, that might potentially hurt Deku even further depending on how one interprets their talk. Lots of way one can go with that. I'm thinking maybe some kind of transformation, like into a best type person or an energy being.

Also, Spinner is apparently out on the field and he has his stupid bunch of blades taped into one big sword thing again. Gotta love the classics.
    end of spoilers