Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Why do I have the feeling that the second user's quirk is going to be a dud. Basically Deku uses it on AFO and it does beans to him. While it is a two week wait, it is great to finally get the birth of Dabi.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would be surprised if after all that buildup the Second User's Quirk does nothing. Feels like it's going to be the one that's the big game changer in turning the tide of battle. Also depends on if we do get another OFA info dump right before the big conclusion, so they can fill in some of the missing pieces regarding who the 2nd and 3rd users actually are and what happened with them and OFA.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    Also, Spinner is apparently out on the field and he has his stupid bunch of blades taped into one big sword thing again. Gotta love the classics.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He not only has his multi-sword again, but don't you think Spinner looks buffer than usual? If it turns out AFO jacked him up with several additional Quirks and now he's turned into a hulking beast, that's going to be really cool and a fun twist to everything, especially after none of the Heroes thinking of him as a threat prior.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I would be surprised if after all that buildup the Second User's Quirk does nothing. Feels like it's going to be the one that's the big game changer in turning the tide of battle. Also depends on if we do get another OFA info dump right before the big conclusion, so they can fill in some of the missing pieces regarding who the 2nd and 3rd users actually are and what happened with them and OFA.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I say we will get another infodump. Probably while Deku is still getting to Tomura, they could all reveal what happened to them when the went up against AFO, so Deku doesn't make the same mistakes.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    He not only has his multi-sword again, but don't you think Spinner looks buffer than usual? If it turns out AFO jacked him up with several additional Quirks and now he's turned into a hulking beast, that's going to be really cool and a fun twist to everything, especially after none of the Heroes thinking of him as a threat prior.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now I want to see Kaiju Spinner using a giant multi sword.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's certainly a possibility. It could just look like he's beefier due to the angle, but he absolutely could have gotten a bulk up. He's also drooling a bit, which might be from him having too much power since multiple quirks hurt most people.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Now I want to see Kaiju Spinner using a giant multi sword.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A quirk that makes Spinner Hulk out into a kaiju form could be a lot of fun.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We learn the rest about Dabi's past. It is revealed that when he seemingly burned to death, he was rescued by All For One and the Doctor, rebuilt, and placed into a nursery in which they kept spare vessels in case anything happened to Tomura. Toya awoke three years later, and learning about his status as a "failure" even after surviving, he escaped, with AFO and the Doctor letting him free as his body being unable to take control of him, and as he was supposed to only last a month. However, Toya still survived, becoming Dabi and continued to live through his pure hatred at wanting to prove to his father his success. In the present, the increasingly de-crepted Dabi faces down Shoto, who prepares to fight back, realizing he's planned to die this entire time.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I was a little nervous regarding AFO's revealed connection, since it's another example of "AFO being behind everything" that could maybe go a bit too far, but I really like the twist they did with it. That they had wanted to mold him as another part of their plans, but even they realized Dabi was so far gone with his obsessions that they couldn't do anything to control him, thus letting him go. A good answer to how his body survived, while letting Dabi still be who he is. Also get the confirmation that he was basically living this whole time all the die at the "right time", and now seems to be that time, so we'll see how Shoto is able to handle this, if he's just getting let him run out his steam, or if there's another plan he has for his fate.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Glad they didn't just go for AFO saved me and I owe him route. It would be interesting to see if any of the other spares survived. Still another two weeks before we get the brotherly love.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I was a little nervous regarding AFO's revealed connection, since it's another example of "AFO being behind everything" that could maybe go a bit too far, but I really like the twist they did with it. That they had wanted to mold him as another part of their plans, but even they realized Dabi was so far gone with his obsessions that they couldn't do anything to control him, thus letting him go. A good answer to how his body survived, while letting Dabi still be who he is. Also get the confirmation that he was basically living this whole time all the die at the "right time", and now seems to be that time, so we'll see how Shoto is able to handle this, if he's just getting let him run out his steam, or if there's another plan he has for his fate.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Horikoshi treaded rather dangerous grounds here, but I feel that he struck a good balance. We get more indicators that All For One doesn't have everything planned out so much as he's really well-prepared as you'd expect for someone as old and patient as him. But none of that could contain Dabi's intense hate and twisted feelings. So while AFO and the doctor saving Dabi is important, it's also kind of a footnote in his story. The saddest part being that when he woke up, there was a slight possibility of Toya being able to make things right since he saw the error of his ways and wanted to apologise.

Dabi being sustained by his own grudge is an interesting parallel to how AFO needs Shigaraki to be filled with hatred that's strong enough to steal OFA. It's a weird inversion of heroic spirit pushing the good guys forward. And now Dabi's got what he wants the most. If he can die together with Shoto then (in his eyes) Endeavor will never get the chance to fix his greatest failure and take joy in his greatest creation. So seeing how Shoto deals with... all of that twisted mess will be fascinating.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Glad they didn't just go for AFO saved me and I owe him route. It would be interesting to see if any of the other spares survived. Still another two weeks before we get the brotherly love.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    People have pointed out online that the nursery looks *verrrry* similar to the one Overhaul was in during his flashback, so many are now theorizing he was one of the spares too. Which if that turns out to be true it'll be really interesting to see in what way that information will become relevant to the story. Also if you read Vigilantes then you have another example of a spare in the form of Number 6.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, Horikoshi treaded rather dangerous grounds here, but I feel that he struck a good balance. We get more indicators that All For One doesn't have everything planned out so much as he's really well-prepared as you'd expect for someone as old and patient as him. But none of that could contain Dabi's intense hate and twisted feelings. So while AFO and the doctor saving Dabi is important, it's also kind of a footnote in his story. The saddest part being that when he woke up, there was a slight possibility of Toya being able to make things right since he saw the error of his ways and wanted to apologise.

Dabi being sustained by his own grudge is an interesting parallel to how AFO needs Shigaraki to be filled with hatred that's strong enough to steal OFA. It's a weird inversion of heroic spirit pushing the good guys forward. And now Dabi's got what he wants the most. If he can die together with Shoto then (in his eyes) Endeavor will never get the chance to fix his greatest failure and take joy in his greatest creation. So seeing how Shoto deals with... all of that twisted mess will be fascinating.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's a good way of giving Dabi, who's been by far the most unhinged of all the League members, a sense of sympathy by showing he did want to make amends, before deciding there was no point and leaning all in to his insanity. It's definitely a big question for Shoto about whether letting Dabi die will be considered a "success" for him, or if he has some way to "save" him by defeating him without dying. Will be cool to see how his "Flashfire Heatfist" technique works, where can supposedly utilize his Fire and Ice on any side of his body.

Also something else worth noticing, when AFO is saving Dabi, he's wearing the exact same outfit the man that appears at the beginning of the Tenko flashback is. So many are looking at this as potentially hinting toward confirmation of the theory that AFO gave Tenko the Decay Quirk, which I'm really hoping is not the case, since that just won't be as narratively effective, and also not really make as much sense given what we know about Shigaraki/Decay's vestige. So what other role AFO may have played in Tenko's past, we'll just have to see how that plays out.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It's a good way of giving Dabi, who's been by far the most unhinged of all the League members, a sense of sympathy by showing he did want to make amends, before deciding there was no point and leaning all in to his insanity. It's definitely a big question for Shoto about whether letting Dabi die will be considered a "success" for him, or if he has some way to "save" him by defeating him without dying. Will be cool to see how his "Flashfire Heatfist" technique works, where can supposedly utilize his Fire and Ice on any side of his body.

Also something else worth noticing, when AFO is saving Dabi, he's wearing the exact same outfit the man that appears at the beginning of the Tenko flashback is. So many are looking at this as potentially hinting toward confirmation of the theory that AFO gave Tenko the Decay Quirk, which I'm really hoping is not the case, since that just won't be as narratively effective, and also not really make as much sense given what we know about Shigaraki/Decay's vestige. So what other role AFO may have played in Tenko's past, we'll just have to see how that plays out.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I definitely think that Shoto will only consider it a success if he can keep Dabi from dying. Otherwise he won't really have saved Toya. And I don't know if their family would really recover if Shoto can't save Toya. The entire Todoroki family drama hinges on how this confrontation goes down. But first we've gotta get some cool elemental blasting action done. Based on everything we've seen so far it'll be a powerful explosion as the cold and heat collide. How that interacts with Dabi's flames is key.

While I too would prefer it if Shigaraki's Decay was just a weird mutation like Eri's Rewind, I can see it being that AFO gave the quirk to Shigaraki with how things have been set up. Though it would be interesting if AFO showed up to like kidnapp little Tenko but noticed the first tiny emergence of Decay and just sent him home to let things play out.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Dabi keeps raising his heat to the point where almost all his skin is gone and the All Might statue is melting, saying that he's ok that Endeavor isn't present since killing Shoto will work just fine since he's been thinking a lot about him too. He distracts everybody with a large scale move that he stole from Endeavor. He attacks Shoto from behind, pummeling him while saying that even though he's been handed everything from an ideal body for his quirk to the opporunity to grow in the best possible environment, he's never fully done anything with all he's been given. That he's half-baked at best. Shoto gets blasted into a building but was able to neutralise most of the attack. He thanks Dabi for keeping him in mind as well, and not just their father. He acknowledges that their family is screwed up and that Endeavor was a **** father, and that Dabi may be right about him to. But Shoto is going to take Dabi down because he's been murdering people with his flames and that will not fly anymore. The chapter ends as Shoto unleashes his new attack, Flashfire fist: Phosphor.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    First of all, I really appreciate that it is clarified that Dabi is going down not because his legit grudges with Endeavor and his family, but because he's a murderer. It's just a nice clarifying detail. And a good sign that Shoto is in the right head space here.

I also do remember bringing up in one of the earlier threads how I thought that Shoto's main issue is not really having the same ambitions as Deku and Bakugo, and being held back by his family issues. I'm very glad that that's acknowledged and brought up here, and that Shoto recognises it as well. But he has a clear goal here, so he can really get to shine.

Otherwise, it's a very focused and intense chapter. The art is absolutely stellar this week, Burning Man Dabi just looks wicked and all the details really makes him feel like a terrifying force of nature.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I really liked how Shoto is in the right state of mind for this fight. He's not trying to stop Toya his brother but Dabi the murderer. A lot of amazing art really shows why we waited two weeks for this. Shame it's another three weeks now until the next part.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    First of all, I really appreciate that it is clarified that Dabi is going down not because his legit grudges with Endeavor and his family, but because he's a murderer. It's just a nice clarifying detail. And a good sign that Shoto is in the right head space here.

I also do remember bringing up in one of the earlier threads how I thought that Shoto's main issue is not really having the same ambitions as Deku and Bakugo, and being held back by his family issues. I'm very glad that that's acknowledged and brought up here, and that Shoto recognises it as well. But he has a clear goal here, so he can really get to shine.

Otherwise, it's a very focused and intense chapter. The art is absolutely stellar this week, Burning Man Dabi just looks wicked and all the details really makes him feel like a terrifying force of nature.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That was always the most interesting thing about Shoto's journey, is that he felt lost without a clear "goal" after letting go of his toxic ambitions during the Sports Festival, and it's all been about him finding a purpose, so it's good to see that come to a head here and represented by creating a move helps define who he is. This also seems like the absolute perfect time to get Shoto's Hero name, now that he seems to have found himself, I'm still hoping for something connected to "Phoenix".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I really liked how Shoto is in the right state of mind for this fight. He's not trying to stop Toya his brother but Dabi the murderer. A lot of amazing art really shows why we waited two weeks for this. Shame it's another three weeks now until the next part.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He's able to juggle both mindsets well, since he has that moment where he feels good hearing that Dabi had been watching him all this time too, showing that dynamic of recognizing each other as brother/villain vs. brother/masterpiece.

Will be really curious to see if this biweekly schedule will become more consistent, just to prevent Hori from having burnout, or if it'll go back to the weekly schedule eventually.
    end of spoilers

Also related, My Hero Academia: Vigilantes has just 1 or 2 chapters left before its concluded, with next one also coming out in three weeks, so if you're not caught up with it this might be the perfect time to go through the rest of the series.

spoilers:
    That was always the most interesting thing about Shoto's journey, is that he felt lost without a clear "goal" after letting go of his toxic ambitions during the Sports Festival, and it's all been about him finding a purpose, so it's good to see that come to a head here and represented by creating a move helps define who he is. This also seems like the absolute perfect time to get Shoto's Hero name, now that he seems to have found himself, I'm still hoping for something connected to "Phoenix".
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    He's able to juggle both mindsets well, since he has that moment where he feels good hearing that Dabi had been watching him all this time too, showing that dynamic of recognizing each other as brother/villain vs. brother/masterpiece.

Will be really curious to see if this biweekly schedule will become more consistent, just to prevent Hori from having burnout, or if it'll go back to the weekly schedule eventually.
    end of spoilers

Also related, My Hero Academia: Vigilantes has just 1 or 2 chapters left before its concluded, with next one also coming out in three weeks, so if you're not caught up with it this might be the perfect time to go through the rest of the series.
    If the fortnightly schedule is to help Hori stop burning himself out that I'm all for it. Last thing we want and need is a sick author doing a rushed ending

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do like that Shoto and Dabi have found some weird kind of commonality in acknowledging that their family is messed up while still focusing purely on each other and their respective flaws (some more extreme than others) in the moment. It's kinda twisted given the circumstances, but this will be good for the both of them. ...as long as nobody dies.

Topping it off with Shoto choosing a hero name inspired by this and saving his family would be really cool.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah Shoto revealing his hero name about now would be awesome
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I'm wondering how much of a power up is being apparently able to generate fire (and presumably also ice) with his whole body for Shoto?

Does this open up new options for him?

It's pity that the series is going to reach it's conclusion soon, I would have really liked to see what the limits of his Quirk are now, and what he could really do with it when he uses it creatively.
    Since I feel unlike with Deku and Bakugo we have never really seen the full extend of what he can do really explored/explained (for example his fine control of ice and fire, his new flight capabilities).

Seems also in general to he uses his quirk in the manga much more poorly than in the last movie...
    end of spoilers