Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm wondering how much of a power up is being apparently able to generate fire (and presumably also ice) with his whole body for Shoto?

Does this open up new options for him?

It's pity that the series is going to reach it's conclusion soon, I would have really liked to see what the limits of his Quirk are now, and what he could really do with it when he uses it creatively.
    Since I feel unlike with Deku and Bakugo we have never really seen the full extend of what he can do really explored/explained (for example his fine control of ice and fire, his new flight capabilities).

Seems also in general to he uses his quirk in the manga much more poorly than in the last movie...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's already a huge upgrade given using both sides at the same time nearly completely paralysed him before. To be able to do it and being able to move, gives him a huge advantage in combat.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    It's already a huge upgrade given using both sides at the same time nearly completely paralysed him before. To be able to do it and being able to move, gives him a huge advantage in combat.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe but I'm wondering if that will for example improve his flight capabilities, and completely neutralize the effects his attacks have on himself.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I'm wondering how much of a power up is being apparently able to generate fire (and presumably also ice) with his whole body for Shoto?

It's pity that the series is going to reach it's conclusion soon, I would have really liked to see what the limits of his Quirk are now, and what he could really do with it when he uses it creatively.
    Since I feel unlike with Deku and Bakugo we have never really seen the full extend of what he can do really explored/explained (for example his fine control of ice and fire, his new flight capabilities).

Seems also in general to he uses his quirk in the manga much more poorly than in the last movie...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The movies always beef up the kids so that all the action scenes look that much better on the big screen. Especially in regards to how much damage they can take and keep going.

As for Shoto and getting to use his powers to their fullest. I don't think that the fight against Dabi is over yet, so there's a chance there still. And Shoto will most like be present when everybody comes together to face whomever the final opponent is.

And I would bet my PS5 that there'll be one final movie ala The Last from Naruto where we get to see the aged up students as proper pros.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    The movies always beef up the kids so that all the action scenes look that much better on the big screen. Especially in regards to how much damage they can take and keep going.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In case of Shoto in "My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission" it wasn't just the amount of damage he could take.
    - He was using his mobility while attacking with ice and fire powers
    - He was using his ice powers more creativly and with more complex shapes (for example when he let one of the jewels thief run into a wall or when he caught Rody)
    - He was throwing ice shards at opponents when they attacked the secret HQ
    - He used something like Hell Spider to destroy cameras
    - He used Fire to brace his fall when they jumped out of the plane

Non of this stuff seems out side of what he could be able to do, but what we never really saw him do (at least in the animee).
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Oooh!

Horikoshi's most recent sketch has visible Tooru in like a halloween costume, which is the most we've ever seen of her I think:
    https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/stat...CpwbmN75sqAAAA

I really like her hair.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It does look like he's now able to switch using fire and ice on EITHER side, cause there's some streams of fire coming out of his right side, and bits of ice from his left, so that could lead to switching up his techniques since he won't be limited to whatever the natural side is.

I don't think we've got to see him fly/float yet, since Endeavor and Dabi use fire on both their feet to do it, if Shoto can get the fire on both sides simultaneously, he should be able to do it too. Using fire on his bottom half and ice on his top half would be a very cool effect to see.

Also like what was mentioned, the movies do tend to over exaggerate the full extent of the characters' abilities, though with Shoto I don't think it was too extravagant overall. I think it doesn't help that he was given scenarios in the movie to use his Quirk in creative ways, while in the manga he's pretty much just been given two battles of attrition with Dabi.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oooh!

Horikoshi's most recent sketch has visible Tooru in like a halloween costume, which is the most we've ever seen of her I think:
    https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/stat...CpwbmN75sqAAAA

I really like her hair.
    Yeah, it's also very clever and cute addition to have her cover up one of her eyes, since in that appearance in the manga we only see the left eye. Also cool that after finally partially showing her off, now he has no problem just drawing her naturally. Kinda hope we get to see her in full at some point by the end, just shows that Horikoshi is so great at designs even the invisible character has a nice design.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Yeah, it's also very clever and cute addition to have her cover up one of her eyes, since in that appearance in the manga we only see the left eye. Also cool that after finally partially showing her off, now he has no problem just drawing her naturally. Kinda hope we get to see her in full at some point by the end, just shows that Horikoshi is so great at designs even the invisible character has a nice design.
    She looks really cute, really hope we do see a full visible look before the series ends

https://www.cbr.com/my-hero-academia...baseball-deku/

Two OVAs coming including one based on the baseball image we saw on April Fools Day. The Second OVA is unknown.

Extraordinary Member

Two OVAs coming including one based on the baseball image we saw on April Fools Day. The Second OVA is unknown.
    Ooh, fun.

The baseball one will probably just be silly fun stuff. Not sure what I would like to see from the second one.

I'm still hoping for an adaptation of Class 1-B's play from School Briefs. At least something Class 1-B related.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Also like what was mentioned, the movies do tend to over exaggerate the full extent of the characters' abilities, though with Shoto I don't think it was too extravagant overall. I think it doesn't help that he was given scenarios in the movie to use his Quirk in creative ways, while in the manga he's pretty much just been given two battles of attrition with Dabi.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly I find only really 3 things in the movies so really over the top, and those are usually related to the final show down:
    - the Full Gauntlet, since that thing completely eliminates the draw back of OFA
    - Deku Sharing OFA with Bakugo in the final of the second movie, since based on what the series has established sofar Bakugo should not be able to control and use the Quirk without training, at least not without any lasting damage
    - the United States of World Smash in third movie seems also far above what Deku can do at that point in the anime (but that doesn't seem so over the top as the other two)

What Shoto does in the 3rd movie is to me more stuff he should be likely be able to do, but for some reason never does or at least not in fights ...
    end of spoilers

This is really great to hear. Especially considering many were worried about a 4th movie happening (and taking away resources/attention from Season 6), so having two OVAs instead I think is a good alternate. Especially the baseball episode I'm excited for, it should ALWAYS be a staple for every anime! I'd like to see a School Briefs or Team-Up Missions chapter adapted for an OVA, but it's most likely they'll do their own original idea again. I also hope both of these find some way of working in some of the other cast, instead of it only being 1-A again.

spoilers:
    Honestly I find only really 3 things in the movies so really over the top, and those are usually related to the final show down:
    - the Full Gauntlet, since that thing completely eliminates the draw back of OFA
    - Deku Sharing OFA with Bakugo in the final of the second movie, since based on what the series has established sofar Bakugo should not be able to control and use the Quirk without training, at least not without any lasting damage
    - the United States of World Smash in third movie seems also far above what Deku can do at that point in the anime (but that doesn't seem so over the top as the other two)

What Shoto does in the 3rd movie is to me more stuff he should be likely be able to do, but for some reason never does or at least not in fights ...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can definitely understand that, though I do think there's enough explanations about them that they don't completely break everything. The Full Gauntlet could only handle a couple of 100% smashes before being destroyed, so it did have limits to it, plus it did come back officially in the main series. Bakugo you could argue since he only got a copy of the Quirk that died out after 10 minutes, that's why his body didn't blow out. Deku going Full Cowl 100% in WHM I thought would be a bit too much, but since it seems like they're going to have him go Full Cowl 100% during the War in Season 6, time frame wise it would retroactively make sense.

Another example you could argue is that Bakugo takes a hell of a greater beating from the Serpenters than he does during the War. He even gets stabbed in the same way.
    end of spoilers

This is really great to hear. Especially considering many were worried about a 4th movie happening (and taking away resources/attention from Season 6), so having two OVAs instead I think is a good alternate. Especially the baseball episode I'm excited for, it should ALWAYS be a staple for every anime! I'd like to see a School Briefs or Team-Up Missions chapter adapted for an OVA, but it's most likely they'll do their own original idea again. I also hope both of these find some way of working in some of the other cast, instead of it only being 1-A again.
    As I stated I would love the second one to focus on Class 1-B

More information on the upcoming OVAs including an official poster! It will be released in theatres in Japan on June 16, and then premiering later on streaming services, presumably either at the end of the month or in July. Also surprisingly, doesn't look like at least this first one will have any of the main characters involved, and instead focusing on the Shishido and Mt. Lady Agencies vs. Gang Orca and Fat Gum's in the finals of the "Hero League Baseball". Sounds like this will be alot of fun, especially with the attention on most of the minor supporting cast.

https://twitter.com/mhaofficial/stat...VU5vgVACiXwtFg

Extraordinary Member

More information on the upcoming OVAs including an official poster! It will be released in theatres in Japan on June 16, and then premiering later on streaming services, presumably either at the end of the month or in July. Also surprisingly, doesn't look like at least this first one will have any of the main characters involved, and instead focusing on the Shishido and Mt. Lady Agencies vs. Gang Orca and Fat Gum's in the finals of the "Hero League Baseball". Sounds like this will be alot of fun, especially with the attention on most of the minor supporting cast.

https://twitter.com/mhaofficial/stat...VU5vgVACiXwtFg
    I noted the same thing. The closest to a usual main character on that posters is Kirishima. I doubt that Deku and Bakugou will be completely left out, but it would be fun if they're just like in the stands or something while the supporting characters get to be in the spotlight.