Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Here's Aoyama's character trailer.

He's using his Navel Saber quite a bit more than I expected. I thought for sure he was going to be a full out zoner.

It would've been funny if he was like a Pichu-type character who hurts himself the more he uses his laser attacks (though I guess that would fit better for Kaminari lol)

spoilers:
    Also that arena where he's fighting Deku looks awfully familiar hmmmmmmm. The guys who make these trailers really know their stuff.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Just wanted to say I decided to give My Hero Academia a try and I'm hooked! I was torn between trying the manga and the anime, decided to go with the latter in the end and enjoyed it quite a lot. I'm starting season 2 tonight and very much looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Just wanted to say I decided to give My Hero Academia a try and I'm hooked! I was torn between trying the manga and the anime, decided to go with the latter in the end and enjoyed it quite a lot. I'm starting season 2 tonight and very much looking forward to it.
    Glad you are enjoying MHA so far.

That's great to hear! First half of Season 2 is definitely my favourite part of the series and what made me fall in love with it so hope you enjoy that! Season 1 and 2 I'd also say are superior to the manga so being introduced through the anime I think was a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That's great to hear! First half of Season 2 is definitely my favourite part of the series and what made me fall in love with it so hope you enjoy that! Season 1 and 2 I'd also say are superior to the manga so being introduced through the anime I think was a good choice.
    Would you say it's still worth checking out the manga even after having watched the anime? How close an adaptation is the anime?

New chapter out!

spoilers:
    Shoto's defeat of Dabi is announced through all the battlefields, giving motivation to all the Heroes. We see at the Jaku Ruins a group of Heroes led by Mt. Lady are protecting Gigantomachia's containment centre from the Villains, with Mina and Kirishima preparing to face against the one who killed Midnight. At the Troy parking lot, a Tartarus escapee named Kuneida faces down Aoyama. Another group of Heroes are defending Central Hospital from a now gigantic Spinner, leading his heteromorph army in retrieving Kurogiri. And finally at the Gunga Mountain Ruins, All For One taunts Endeavor before they're about to battle.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    A good roundabout chapter for not just giving us extra glimpses to the battlefields we already knew about, but showing us new ones to expect going forward. Kirishima and Mina dealing with Midnight's killer is definitely an interesting set-up (and my crack brain theory is making me think we could get a "Crimson Riot" twist with that guy too which would be incredibly juicy). I'm still loving the Spinner side, he's just desperately trying to find any way to catch up to who he considers his friends and find a purpose, to the point of allowing himself to turn into a monster to do so. The new villain introduced also seems could be cool, and since they mentioned another one too, wonder if they'll be able to do anything compelling with these guys at basically the last hour, or if they'll just be "named goons" like Dictator was. And looks like next chapter will be the start of actually fighting AFO.
    end of spoilers

Would you say it's still worth checking out the manga even after having watched the anime? How close an adaptation is the anime?
    I would say with the exception of one arc that got kinda butchered in Season 5, if you watched the anime, you've experienced the series, so if you wanted to jump right into the manga from the point the anime ends off at, then you're not missing anything. The anime is pretty much a straight forward adaptation, with occasional additions thrown in here and there, and only very minor changes (again besides that one arc that was drastically cut down). The manga is still worth checking out in general since it has amazing art and quicker pacing.

spoilers:
    A decent chapter, mostly set-up for the next few fights. Seeing Pinky and Red Riot going against Midnight's killer will be interesting. Kaiju Spinner is really fun to see.

Also anyone else notice the glow coming from Dabi's head. I'm wonderinf if he's going to go boom like Lady Nagant did. I wouldn't be surprised if AFO did turn all of his men into bombs.

end of spoilers

I would say with the exception of one arc that got kinda butchered in Season 5, if you watched the anime, you've experienced the series, so if you wanted to jump right into the manga from the point the anime ends off at, then you're not missing anything. The anime is pretty much a straight forward adaptation, with occasional additions thrown in here and there, and only very minor changes (again besides that one arc that was drastically cut down). The manga is still worth checking out in general since it has amazing art and quicker pacing.
    Perfect, thanks very much!

Coming Soon: The Hot Topic exclusive My Hero Academia Class 1B series! Starting with Neito Monoma, Itsuka Kendo, and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu.

Extraordinary Member

I still say that season 2 is my overall favourite season in large part because of the smart additions and slight tweaks made to the story, as well as the animation just popping off during both halves of it.
    Season 5 is still good, but it's such an opposite to season 2. They removed some really good parts and made some really poor tweaks. I should rewatch it though with an open mind. Hopefully they can really nail season 6.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    A good roundabout chapter for not just giving us extra glimpses to the battlefields we already knew about, but showing us new ones to expect going forward. Kirishima and Mina dealing with Midnight's killer is definitely an interesting set-up (and my crack brain theory is making me think we could get a "Crimson Riot" twist with that guy too which would be incredibly juicy). I'm still loving the Spinner side, he's just desperately trying to find any way to catch up to who he considers his friends and find a purpose, to the point of allowing himself to turn into a monster to do so. The new villain introduced also seems could be cool, and since they mentioned another one too, wonder if they'll be able to do anything compelling with these guys at basically the last hour, or if they'll just be "named goons" like Dictator was. And looks like next chapter will be the start of actually fighting AFO.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This chapter is just full of snippets that I would love to see expanded upon. I especially want to see the general reactions to when Spinner just grows into a kaiju. Man, they have to include the Spinner material that they cut from the My Villain Academia arc into the next season. It's just too good and important and this culmination will feel a bit hollow without it.

Hopefully Mina really gets to shine against Midnight's killer, I felt she was a bit robbed by not getting to throw the sedative into Gigantomachia's mouth (even though it made sense and was a good callback). And speaking of Machia, I wonder if he'll end up being released during all this. He's such a big player that it would feel odd to leave him out completely during this final battle.

I'm thinking that any and all new villains introduced this arc will just be cool mini-bosses for the supporting cast to defeat.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Also anyone else notice the glow coming from Dabi's head. I'm wonderinf if he's going to go boom like Lady Nagant did. I wouldn't be surprised if AFO did turn all of his men into bombs.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yup, saw that. And it's a possibility.

Though I have to wonder if Dabi would allow AFO to get that close to him. Spinner obviously did since he needed the extra power. But Dabi would probably want to do everything under his own might. So he might just be aiming for one final AOE that kills him and everybody nearby.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This chapter is just full of snippets that I would love to see expanded upon. I especially want to see the general reactions to when Spinner just grows into a kaiju. Man, they have to include the Spinner material that they cut from the My Villain Academia arc into the next season. It's just too good and important and this culmination will feel a bit hollow without it.

Hopefully Mina really gets to shine against Midnight's killer, I felt she was a bit robbed by not getting to throw the sedative into Gigantomachia's mouth (even though it made sense and was a good callback). And speaking of Machia, I wonder if he'll end up being released during all this. He's such a big player that it would feel odd to leave him out completely during this final battle.

I'm thinking that any and all new villains introduced this arc will just be cool mini-bosses for the supporting cast to defeat.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope they leave Machia out of this. All the heroes taking him out in the first War was abig win especially for the students. To have them fail to prevent his release and allow him to go on another rampage, would be a step backwards. Besides we have Kaiju Spinner, we don't really need two giants.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yup, saw that. And it's a possibility.

Though I have to wonder if Dabi would allow AFO to get that close to him. Spinner obviously did since he needed the extra power. But Dabi would probably want to do everything under his own might. So he might just be aiming for one final AOE that kills him and everybody nearby.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I doubt AFO would give him a choice. He could easily kill Dabi or prevent him from going after his family, if he refused. Given that Dabi is dying anyways, a chance to get back at his old man even if it means exploding could be tempting. After all right now, he could take out some of his dad's main sidekicks.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Considering in the flashback with Spinner we see Dabi go "Like I need that crap", it implies AFO wanted to give Dabi extra Quirks but he refused, so it can't be one of Nagant's bombs. It's hard to tell exactly what that glow is, but it looks like it could be fire or ice, so it's really up in the air what that could mean. Did Shoto do something to his insides? His he re-burning his fire and let himself explode on his own? His his Quirk evolving again? If anything, it's there to remind us Dabi is done.

Also the Spinner things offers up another question. We see Dabi refuse...but what about Toga? Did she get another Quirk? That could be another interesting development if that's the case.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We obviously know Shirakumo is gonna regain control of Kurogiri eventually, so Machia getting back up and doing something also seems likely, though in what way I'm not sure. My original prediction was use Shinso to brainwash him and then sicc him on the villains, that'd be a fun reversal. Also remember, Central Hospital is also where Mr. Compress, Lady Nagant, and possibly Overhaul too are, so we could see them make a comeback too. There's also the possibility that another group of villains could be storming another prison to free Re-Destro and the other MLA soldiers, to give them something to do in this finale too, that could be where Skeptic is right now.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Considering in the flashback with Spinner we see Dabi go "Like I need that crap", it implies AFO wanted to give Dabi extra Quirks but he refused, so it can't be one of Nagant's bombs. It's hard to tell exactly what that glow is, but it looks like it could be fire or ice, so it's really up in the air what that could mean. Did Shoto do something to his insides? His he re-burning his fire and let himself explode on his own? His his Quirk evolving again? If anything, it's there to remind us Dabi is done.

Also the Spinner things offers up another question. We see Dabi refuse...but what about Toga? Did she get another Quirk? That could be another interesting development if that's the case.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    We obviously know Shirakumo is gonna regain control of Kurogiri eventually, so Machia getting back up and doing something also seems likely, though in what way I'm not sure. My original prediction was use Shinso to brainwash him and then sicc him on the villains, that'd be a fun reversal. Also remember, Central Hospital is also where Mr. Compress, Lady Nagant, and possibly Overhaul too are, so we could see them make a comeback too. There's also the possibility that another group of villains could be storming another prison to free Re-Destro and the other MLA soldiers, to give them something to do in this finale too, that could be where Skeptic is right now.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is hard to figure out what the glow is. I still think Dabi is going to try and blow himself up, either with AFO help or on his own.

As for Toga, I doubt she even got one, given she was given Twice's blood earlier, so that's her ace in the hole.

I would love to see Nagant again back working for he good guys.
    end of spoilers