Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gilles wanted to make her a villain again way back during his first run, so I must admit I’m nervous about how he will write her. Immortal as a whole should be good however.
    Agreed. He writes her voice well, but I didn't like that direction. I'm less excited for more Hope.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Gilles wanted to make her a villain again way back during his first run, so I must admit I’m nervous about how he will write her. Immortal as a whole should be good however.
    I mean I don't think it's fair to hold him to an idea for a character that he had almost 10 years ago.

Besides Marvel already tried making Emma a villain again during her Black King era and it fell flat on its face so I don't think we have to worry about Emma suddenly joining Orchis and plotting the downfall of all mutant kind lol

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I like it but what on earth is going on with her hip?
    05C6D2E3-97FB-4507-AFB4-36EFAAF0528D.jpg

This is what he wrote about his plans:

Scott continuing the schism, but moreso – I was more comfortable with Scott as a "bad guy", by the end – I was going to have them in Asteroid M to really lean into it. Emma staying on the team despite the fact she and Scott were no longer together, and lots of tension here. End of the schism for me would have been a confrontation between Scott and Logan's sides, which Scott wins, and then Emma stabs him in the back at the worst moment takes Scott's whole organisation (and trainees) away from him, going full "villain." I half imagined her own school in Latveria as her new status quo. Scott was a weakling… and he'd made her feel weak. For my idea of Emma, that was entirely unforgivable. Emma is nothing if not her pride.
    Doesn't really sound that bad in the outline. Certainly nothing like what IvX and X-Men Blue delivered later on.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    This is what he wrote about his plans:

Doesn't really sound that bad in the outline. Certainly nothing like what IvX and X-Men Blue delivered later on.
    Thanks for posting the interview.

Yeah, while I hope Gillen doesn't entertain the idea of turning her back into a villain, that was a different time. He's said multiple times how Emma is one of his favorites and 10 years ago he wasn't really satisfied with the direction she was going, just like a lot of us back then. She's doing great now, so I'm not worried with another IvX or anything like that.

Yas, Charlize!!!!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean I don't think it's fair to hold him to an idea for a character that he had almost 10 years ago.

Besides Marvel already tried making Emma a villain again during her Black King era and it fell flat on its face so I don't think we have to worry about Emma suddenly joining Orchis and plotting the downfall of all mutant kind lol
    I’m still planning to check Immortal out so I’m not bearing a grudge against him. With the Quiet Council I expect Emma to fall into the gray area between the saints camp of characters like Nightcrawler and Kitty, and the monsters like Sinister, Exodus, and Mystique. Should be fun to see how Gillen plays that cast off against each other.
    Love it!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I just read Devil Reign Xmen and lets just say im very glad this Kingpin and Emma fight isnt over.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Wonder if she'll ambush him in Devils Reign the main series

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wonder if she'll ambush him in Devils Reign the main series
    i kinda hope so, she deserves to get a punch at least once
    She's A Lifebringer

He's been protected by Purple man so it would make sense for her to show up

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I just read Devil Reign Xmen and lets just say im very glad this Kingpin and Emma fight isnt over.
    Spoilers??????
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Spoilers??????
    spoilers:
    So here's a quick summary of the issue:
    Emma is able to escape out of the custody of Union Jack, she then makes her way into an old Hellfire Club where she runs into Isabelle, the young girl whom she saved back in the past. With the help of Isabelle, Emma is then able to denounce the accusations against her. At the end of the issue, Emma sneaks into the home of Fisk and telepathically controls Typhoid Mary. Emma threatens Fisk, she tells him that assuming if he survives what comes in New York, she will come for his head, saying that it was wrong for him to cross her.
    end of spoilers
    She's A Lifebringer

you know i loved the "good witch" and the "bad witch" duo of Emma and Elektra maybe Emma could appear at the end of Devil Reign and do a "Magneto" in Secret Empire