Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Lmfao this is hilarious

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Captain America Sentinel of Liberty #8 Preview

Lourdes Chantel makes a surprise guest appearance along with Emma, so happy a writer remembered that she is back and exists.
    That's amazing. Love that Lourdes is there too, I forget she's on Krakoa sometimes.

The panel where Steve is embarrassed confuses me though. Not the one where he's about to call Emma "mommy", the one where he's about to explain to Sharon who is the telepath he knows could help them. So he talked to Emma in the Gala, inspired her in regards to Angelica and... that was it on his side. Why would he be embarrassed about any of that? We only know about the mom stuff because Emma read his mind, so I guess something happened off-panel.

EDIT: Actually, coming to think of it, the Firestar stuff was in the most recent Gala, but the point remains.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Those eighties shoulder-pads. Rogers isn't the only one stuck in a different era.
    She came dressed for the occasion I guess, she called it a hobo convention afterall She makes it work though.
    Last edited by OldManLogan; 12-29-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    That's amazing. Love that Lourdes is there too, I forget she's on Krakoa sometimes.

The panel where Steve is embarrassed confuses me though. Not the one where he's about to call Emma "mommy", the one where he's about to explain to Sharon who is the telepath he knows could help them. So he talked to Emma in the Gala, inspired her in regards to Angelica and... that was it on his side. Why would he be embarrassed about any of that? We only know about the mom stuff because Emma read his mind, so I guess something happened off-panel.

EDIT: Actually, coming to think of it, the Firestar stuff was in the most recent Gala, but the point remains.

She came dressed for the occasion I guess, she called it a hobo convention afterall She makes it work though.
    I kinda get the feeling Cap might feel a tiny little something for Emma, and that he somewhat told on himself by being embarrassed. Totally innocent though, if anything at all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I kinda get the feeling Cap might feel a tiny little something for Emma, and that he somewhat told on himself by being embarrassed. Totally innocent though, if anything at all.
    Or maybe he's feeling self-conscious about being reminded how he thought she was like his mom .

(Also Sharon, another attractive and powerful blonde and his lover is right there so what might that say about their relationship...)

Fantastic Member

Being in a relationship doesn't mean you can't be attracted to other people. Emma's certainly his type. And even though he has no interest in actually following through on that attraction, it can still feel a little awkward when your girlfriend is right there.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Being in a relationship doesn't mean you can't be attracted to other people. Emma's certainly his type. And even though he has no interest in actually following through on that attraction, it can still feel a little awkward when your girlfriend is right there.
    Exactly. It's not uncommon to be in a room with one's significant other and someone else you find attractive and kinda stumble over your words. Rogers is the type to feel guilty for even thinking about Emma lol

Spectacular Member

Uh, that does make sense. I forget how much of a boy scout Steve can be.
    Thanks for the input people.

Fantastic Member

I do think it's worth saying that in the issue prior to this one, Steve and Sharon had a pretty romantic/steamy reunion. So I caution in setting expectations for too much Stemma.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I do think it's worth saying that in the issue prior to this one, Steve and Sharon had a pretty romantic/steamy reunion. So I caution in setting expectations for too much Stemma.
    Good to know, that's great actually. Krakoan Emma is the best iteration of her (IMO) in great part because she's not having her own development sidelined in favor of love-triangle shenanigans. One of my other favorites (look at my user name) is already deep in that trap, at least one of them got free lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    Good to know, that's great actually. Krakoan Emma is the best iteration of her (IMO) in great part because she's not having her own development sidelined in favor of love-triangle shenanigans. One of my other favorites (look at my user name) is already deep in that trap, at least one of them got free lol
    I totally feel that. As much as I love Scemma, I do think Emma has grown significantly outside of the relationship and is doing so much in an interesting way. (And, honestly, by contrast Scott has sort of stagnated in this era.) I'm really loving her growth as a character and how much respect she's gotten amongst fans.

And, you know, as a Sharon Carter fan (we exist!) I do like her dynamic with Steve a lot.

Honestly I'm more curious if things will develop between Tony and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I'm more curious if things will develop between Tony and Emma.
    That would be gross.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That would be gross.
    I must agree. I'm not feeling that pairing at all. Friends that snark/work well together? All for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That would be gross.
    I must agree. I'm not feeling that pairing at all. Friends that snark/work well together? All for it.
    To be honest I think even Duggan thinks Emma is too good for Tony .

Frankly I'd be almost shocked to see her in a relationship with a human character at this point.

Depends how is written
    If they dont give some kind of backstory ill be weird
    But if they add context can work?
    I mean Emma and Tony are the sexyest and more open minded about that od their franchices.
    Tony slept with a alien (Gamora) And Emma slept with Namor that is weird
    Or if they make Emma EmmaBot and cheerleader of Tony
    Last edited by DarkMagnus; 12-31-2022 at 09:31 AM.