Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I need badly for Emma to go out in the field, her fighting feats in this era are laughable, her cracking when fighting Maggot and Laura threatening Emma really sealed this for me, I thought her stripping in Marauders to take out some no-named enemies was bad but my god. It's like the writers forget that Emma is a powerful character like there's a reason she was on the Extinction team and considered a heavy hitter.
    Constant displays of her power aren’t really her thing. The last thing she is these days is some kind of out in the field brawler.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 06-09-2022 at 07:53 AM.

Emma's powers our intellectual so she isn't in the field as often. That said, she can hold her own in the field no problem.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Defo it would be nice to see her do more

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Constant displays of her power aren’t really her thing. The last thing she is these days is some kind of out in the field brawler.
    its not but, she sure should be able to handle herself in the field. She is a capable combatant
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Incredible Member

its not but, she sure should be able to handle herself in the field. She is a capable combatant
    I suspect this years Hellfire Gala may see her come off the bench so to speak.

I adore Mike Carey, his comment today on Emma made me smile. Shes a powerhouse

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I adore Mike Carey, his comment today on Emma made me smile. Shes a powerhouse
    And that comment was....
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Loved the Emma focus this week. Emma is impressive when she's strong and untouchable, I love that about her. But I also love seeing her vulnerable and human. I loved seeing a lot of her sides getting highlighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Loved the Emma focus this week. Emma is impressive when she's strong and untouchable, I love that about her. But I also love seeing her vulnerable and human. I loved seeing a lot of her sides getting highlighted.
    Emma definitely shined this week and I could feel her internal tug of war with everything.

I started writing a review thread for Immortal but my brain started to cramp when I got to Sinister.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

She was also gorgeous this week, especially in Immortal X-Men. She's always gorgeous, but still. Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

i liked the issue as well, it wasn't as groundbreaking as previous Immortal issues but, I think that really didn't matter. I heavily enjoyed seeing Emma express doubts within herself and show a more vulnerable side. It was a good character study on Emma, we see that even though things look to be going well for Emma on Krakoa she still is quite scared and alone.

I also really enjoyed the Scott +Jean + Emma "alliance" we may be getting, hopefully, it lasts and if we do get the QC vs X-Men I kinda hope to see Emma side with the X-Men. As Scott said, "Once an X-Man, always an X-Man".
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-13-2022 at 04:14 PM.
    She's A Lifebringer

i liked the issue as well, it wasn't as groundbreaking as previous Immortal issues but, I think that really didn't matter. I heavily enjoyed seeing Emma express doubts within herself and show a more vulnerable side. It was a good character study on Emma, we see that even though things look to be going well for Emma on Krakoa she still is quite scared and alone.

I also really enjoyed the Scott +Jean + Emma "alliance" we may be getting, hopefully, it lasts and if we do get the QC vs X-Men I kinda hope to see Emma side with the X-Men. As Scott said, "Once an X-Man, always an X-Man".
    Perfectly said. I've grown to like Emma a lot in this era and I think she handled a very complicated situation well during and after the Gala. I like the kind relationship she has with Steve and he was a bit of an oasis for her.

Agreed on her siding with the X-Men should it come down to it. It was a nice little journey with her being angry at Scott to them coming to an understanding and camaraderie, trusting each other with the secrets.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Perfectly said. I've grown to like Emma a lot in this era and I think she handled a very complicated situation well during and after the Gala. I like the kind relationship she has with Steve and he was a bit of an oasis for her.

Agreed on her siding with the X-Men should it come down to it. It was a nice little journey with her being angry at Scott to them coming to an understanding and camaraderie, trusting each other with the secrets.
    Honestly i would not even be mad if her and Steve became a thing, I’d just have to forcefully forget that Emma reminds him of his mom. Other than that i have really grown to enjoy when they are on panel together.

Also hoping for the day to come where its revealed that Steve is the cuckoos bio father tbh that would be hilarious.
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I love how very much central Emma is in this era. While Xavier is the founding father, she is turning out to be the Queen of X...as AiPT inferred in their HFG review. I'll grudgingly give Gillen his flowers here, Immortal was an exquisite character study. And I actually prefer Bandini's art to Werneck's.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!