Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Emma in the Avengers would be a terrible fit- for her. She's above them, and it would offer nothing new to the character.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Hickman wanted to use her instead of Beast in New Avengers but wasn't allowed to because Bendis was holding her hostage.
    Actually, the original plan was Xavier, then Magneto. Maybe Emma was a 3rd choice, but even then, she wouldn't make any sense in the book. You can just buy that Xavier would leave his Infinity Gem to Beast (at the time at least, not now), but certainly not to Emma, specially with X-men he was much closer to available.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Emma in the Avengers would be a terrible fit- for her. She's above them, and it would offer nothing new to the character.

Actually, the original plan was Xavier, then Magneto. Maybe Emma was a 3rd choice, but even then, she wouldn't make any sense in the book. You can just buy that Xavier would leave his Infinity Gem to Beast (at the time at least, not now), but certainly not to Emma, specially with X-men he was much closer to available.
    It was Xavier then Emma. Hickman said it in an interview. Then Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

I think you could have explained it as Xavier didn't want to subject his students he was closer with to the hard choices the Illuminati has to make but he knows Emma can make those choices.

Alternatively, maybe it was just a different explanation if Emma was in the book -- Xavier doesn't choose his successor, the group makes an offer. Or Emma finds something leading to the gem.

i can see emma on something like a unity squad but on a regular avengers team? No, I think for her at this point in her character to be apart of the avengers, the team has to somehow be of an aid to mutants.

Also i don't remember what handbook it was but i remember it saying that Steve Rogers wouldn't mind for Emma to join the Avengers
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It was Xavier then Emma. Hickman said it in an interview. Then Beast
    That's what I remember reading as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    i can see emma on something like a unity squad but on a regular avengers team? No, I think for her at this point in her character to be apart of the avengers, the team has to somehow be of an aid to mutants.

Also i don't remember what handbook it was but i remember it saying that Steve Rogers wouldn't mind for Emma to join the Avengers
    New Avengers was really just the Illuminati which Emma would definitely be apart of. Infact, she was in Dark Reign.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    mmmm so is she gone like the Cuckoos? Is she going to be one of the resurrected psi? that would be a shame.. she was one of the very few not resurrected yet...
    Pretty sure she is gone with her daughters. The six of them were controlling the six hex.

But obviously they are going to be resurrected so no big deal.

We'll find out in the 3rd anthology issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    That's what I remember reading as well.

New Avengers was really just the Illuminati which Emma would definitely be apart of. Infact, she was in Dark Reign.
    She dodged a bullet there with the destroying worlds thing

I'm not sure if this was asked before but, I remember that Emma admitted she had plastic surgery, or somethin' like that, so, if she dies, do y'all think her bodies in eggs have plastic surgery in advance? Or something more convenient like the bodies being changed to be like how they usually look without surgery with Proteus' powers? He did make Laura have adamantium bones by accident after all...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

It would make sense that actually Emma is resurrected in a more adult version of a Cuckoo body. At the end of the day they are perfected clones of her. What she brings is more experience and a more creative use in her abilities.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If she were to die and be resurrected...it would make more sense to just tweak her dna so that she has natural blonde hair, attractive nose and larger breasts.

Sure....Proteus could "make" implants in vitro as he does with adamantium (which sort of makes sense as that's internal) and prosthetics and vibranium shields (which makes absolutely no sense as those are not intrinsically attached to the organic form...and why that scene in X-Men of Emma handing a newly resurrected Scott his visor feels more authentic than Cap bursting forth with shield in hand.) But Emma's powers aren't her nose and breasts (though she knows how to use them accordingly)

That said...as established in X-Force...how someone is resurrected is clearly at the pre-request of that person so...apply healthy doses of suspended disbelief as needed.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-26-2022 at 04:52 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If she were to die and be resurrected...it would make more sense to just tweak her dna so that she has natural blonde hair, attractive nose and larger breasts.

Sure....Proteus could "make" implants in vitro as he does with adamantium (which sort of makes sense as that's internal) and prosthetics and vibranium shields (which makes absolutely no sense as those are not intrinsically attached to the organic form...and why that scene in X-Men of Emma handing a newly resurrected Scott his visor feels more authentic than Cap bursting forth with shield in hand.) But Emma's powers aren't her nose and breasts (though she knows how to use them accordingly)

That said...as established in X-Force...how someone is resurrected is clearly at the pre-request of that person so...apply healthy doses of suspended disbelief as needed.
    I mean if Proteus can give Laura adamantium then he should have no problem making Emma look the way she normally does if she were to ever resurrect
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    The writer has good taste... I hope she becomes a regular as Emma reminds Steve of his mother...

Attachment 124901

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I mean if Proteus can give Laura adamantium then he should have no problem making Emma look the way she normally does if she were to ever resurrect
    Quentin requested plenty of modifications the various times he was resurrected, so it's definitely doable