Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Ruby Summers psyche and DNA

#MINDBURN

Spectacular Member

I love that Inferno variant cover on the first post, so epic.

I just finished reading Inferno #4 and while the event itself wasn't all that mindblowing (which is a shame, since you can feel Hickman had to rush a lot of things), for Emma herself I think it was as good as it could be. She ended up sharing the secret with the rest of the council, which is what Xavier and Magneto should have done from the start. While that could be seen as heroic or "the right thing to do", it still leaves open how much of the truth she showed them. Keeping Emma in this shades of gray area is one of the most important aspects for having a faithful depiction I think, she should always have a card up her sleeve.

The highlight for me though was probably the explanation of the difference between Emma's and Charles' telepathy. Xavier is an idealist, Frost is an skeptical person. They both read the same mind, but he focused on all the good Moira wanted to do, the greatness of her project, while Emma's attention was naturally attracted to the details Moira wanted to keep hidden, the hard truths she didn't want to share. One seeks the strengths, the other seeks the weaknesses. There's an X-Men novel called X-Men: Black Mirror where this kind of contrast is shown too, while Emma herself doesn't appear there, Jubilee comments that when Xavier reads her mind his presence is reassuring and calming, while when Frost does it, it feels like bloody tendrils are trying to infiltrate her mind. I love when writer's highlight these small differences between telepaths' powers, specially in Marvel nowadays, where telepathy is kind of a generic power and most of the people with this power can do basically the same thing. There was a time only Psylocke manifested psychic weapons, or Emma boosting other people's powers, etc.

Overall a great beginning of the year for the White Queen, looking forward to Immortal X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Besides that godawful Golden Girls X-Men #3 issue, Hickman’s Emma was nothing short of spectacular and a saving grace to the character. We have him to thank for giving her back her agency and making her a prominent character in the Krakoa era by her own merit and character and no one else.

I’m skeptical about Gillen writing her next, cause while she did have some feats and entertaining lines (“I don’t carry my valuables, I am my valuables”) she was mostly written as a loyal subject to Scott and hardly anything else. Now that this book will primarily focus on the QC, we will hopefully see a better perspective.
    I think you'll be relieved to know that in one past interview Gillen revealed that in his initial plan Emma was going to betray Scott and take a team of X-Men to the moon and lead them from there. In his view, Emma doesn't tolerate weakness and wouldn't stand some of Cyclops' decisions. Obviously, editorial and AvX messed with Gillen's plans. Of course a decade has passed since then, but Emma herself is in a pretty good position right now, curious to see how Gillen writes her this time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I don´t think we are getting Emma in Immortal X Men. It seems it will be focused in Destiny, Sinister and Exodus. I hope she shows somewhere else...
    I think the main ones of Immortal will be the three you mentioned and Emma. Maybe Xavier and Mystique too, as except for them all the others are part of some other book. In the last interview Gillen didn't want to talk much about Emma because he didn't want to spoil anything from Inferno #4, but as the interviewer mentioned, she's one of his favorite X-Men characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    One of my favorite covers of all time. I LOVE when The New Mutants went to The Massachusetts Academy!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    I love that Inferno variant cover on the first post, so epic.

I just finished reading Inferno #4 and while the event itself wasn't all that mindblowing (which is a shame, since you can feel Hickman had to rush a lot of things), for Emma herself I think it was as good as it could be. She ended up sharing the secret with the rest of the council, which is what Xavier and Magneto should have done from the start. While that could be seen as heroic or "the right thing to do", it still leaves open how much of the truth she showed them. Keeping Emma in this shades of gray area is one of the most important aspects for having a faithful depiction I think, she should always have a card up her sleeve.

The highlight for me though was probably the explanation of the difference between Emma's and Charles' telepathy. Xavier is an idealist, Frost is an skeptical person. They both read the same mind, but he focused on all the good Moira wanted to do, the greatness of her project, while Emma's attention was naturally attracted to the details Moira wanted to keep hidden, the hard truths she didn't want to share. One seeks the strengths, the other seeks the weaknesses. There's an X-Men novel called X-Men: Black Mirror where this kind of contrast is shown too, while Emma herself doesn't appear there, Jubilee comments that when Xavier reads her mind his presence is reassuring and calming, while when Frost does it, it feels like bloody tendrils are trying to infiltrate her mind. I love when writer's highlight these small differences between telepaths' powers, specially in Marvel nowadays, where telepathy is kind of a generic power and most of the people with this power can do basically the same thing. There was a time only Psylocke manifested psychic weapons, or Emma boosting other people's powers, etc.

Overall a great beginning of the year for the White Queen, looking forward to Immortal X-Men.

I think you'll be relieved to know that in one past interview Gillen revealed that in his initial plan Emma was going to betray Scott and take a team of X-Men to the moon and lead them from there. In his view, Emma doesn't tolerate weakness and wouldn't stand some of Cyclops' decisions. Obviously, editorial and AvX messed with Gillen's plans. Of course a decade has passed since then, but Emma herself is in a pretty good position right now, curious to see how Gillen writes her this time.

I think the main ones of Immortal will be the three you mentioned and Emma. Maybe Xavier and Mystique too, as except for them all the others are part of some other book. In the last interview Gillen didn't want to talk much about Emma because he didn't want to spoil anything from Inferno #4, but as the interviewer mentioned, she's one of his favorite X-Men characters.
    Oh this wouldve been so good, I would have loved to see who Emma was going to choose to be on her team and her leading one in space is another plus. Thankfully with Arrako being in space we could probably see some of Emma doing some space adventures in Immortal
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Marauders 27 spoilers

spoilers:
    with Emma now stepping down as the white queen of the Hellfire Trading Company and focusing solely on the council, i think as of now its safe to say she is apart of the core characters in Immortal, Marauders also sets up the coming conflcit between Sinister and Emma, cant wait to see how that plays out in Immortal as well
    end of spoilers
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Marauders 27 spoilers

spoilers:
    with Emma now stepping down as the white queen of the Hellfire Trading Company and focusing solely on the council, i think as of now its safe to say she is apart of the core characters in Immortal, Marauders also sets up the coming conflcit between Sinister and Emma, cant wait to see how that plays out in Immortal as well
    end of spoilers
    Kieron Gillen recently tweeted this in case anyone still doubted she would appear in IXM.

https://twitter.com/kierongillen/sta...45798367768576

Spectacular Member

So now that she has given up her title as White Queen of the Hellfire Club do you think she will get a new mutant name?

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    So now that she has given up her title as White Queen of the Hellfire Club do you think she will get a new mutant name?
    Idk i doubt it tbh, “White Queen” is highly synonymous with Emma that I really dont see them giving her a new mutant name.
    She's A Lifebringer

Do you think Emma will petition the Quiet Council to resurrect Butter Rum as a gift to Firestar when she wins the X-Men vote?

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Do you think Emma will petition the Quiet Council to resurrect Butter Rum as a gift to Firestar when she wins the X-Men vote?
    Yes.

10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Knowing emma she probably would, just to get under angelicas skin
    She's A Lifebringer

Whatever do you mean? Just like the reveal with Lourdes Leon in Marauders, Butter Rum also faked his death and is no longer going under such an atrocious name like Butter Rum. Emma loves horses and would never pointless slaughter such divine equestrian creatures! She probably just wanted all the horses to keep and ride for herself and not Angelica have one. He made his comeback in the Marauders issue last year and you won’t change my mind about it:

19DF04EC-5482-49C5-A294-CD88E8DAE8C3.jpg A4CA14AE-7533-41DA-8163-4AC0DF54D35F.jpg
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 01-13-2022 at 11:25 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Whatever do you mean? Just like the reveal with Lourdes Leon in Marauders, Butter Rum also faked his death and is no longer going under such an atrocious name like Butter Rum. Emma loves horses and would never pointless slaughter such divine equestrian creatures! She probably just wanted all the horses to keep and ride for herself and not Angelica have one. He made his comeback in the Marauders issue last year and you won’t change my mind about it:

19DF04EC-5482-49C5-A294-CD88E8DAE8C3.jpg A4CA14AE-7533-41DA-8163-4AC0DF54D35F.jpg
    Haha, that would be too funny if Emma's horse on Krakoa was the original Butter Rum, and she kept the horse for herself all these years.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Why put the zipper on the front when it could've gone on the side?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    I'm partial to Diamond Heart, that's been used in at least one Alternate future story.
    But honestly at this point she'll either go by her name or keep using White Queen. For her that's more of a code name than the title used in the Hellfire organizations.