Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree. Having to share the sandbox with so many different creators with different agendas, voices and writing styles clearly ran him off. If I was running Marvel I’d have cleared the lot of them out and kept Hickman plus only a handful who are on the same page as him and 100% aligned with his vision.
    Agreed, the man has proven that he has ideas that were for more interesting than what was being offered just before his arrival. Let's see it through, at some point you can't be scared of content cause it isn't what you think it should be. We'd never have a lot of the good stories of past if it was played safe all the time. Worst comes to worst they were always going to reboot and start over anyway. X-office can't not write the same warmed over Jean, Wolverine, and Scott plots.

Ooo f off hickman… you got me i will check out gillen’s book smh..

Major X and storms techno organic child are siblings!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, the man has proven that he has ideas that were for more interesting than what was being offered just before his arrival. Let's see it through, at some point you can't be scared of content cause it isn't what you think it should be. We'd never have a lot of the good stories of past if it was played safe all the time. Worst comes to worst they were always going to reboot and start over anyway. X-office can't not write the same warmed over Jean, Wolverine, and Scott plots.
    I don't think that's entirely fair. Jean was out of the books for like 15 years, any spotlight she gets going forward is deserved.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Also, not only Cyclops was out of the books for years before Rosenberg's run, it's not like he did much either.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I don’t know… House of X #4 featured a short-lived X-men lineup that was maybe one of the coolest ever (and that definitely went out in the coolest blaze of glory since Days of Future Past). That being Jean, Wolverine and Scott plus Archangel, Penance, Husk and Nightcrawler. So I think there’s still cool stuff to be done with those three, but the key is to bounce them off of other characters and also do cool stuff with them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Did the meaning of supremacist change in 2021? I'm lost.
    Nope, but seeing a minority raise up and say no more makes some people feel super uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree. Having to share the sandbox with so many different creators with different agendas, voices and writing styles clearly ran him off. If I was running Marvel IÂ’d have cleared the lot of them out and kept Hickman plus only a handful who are on the same page as him and 100% aligned with his vision.
    Well Hickman choose the writers, so I guess he isn't a good picker.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    All because editorial decided we need more surfer Wolverine instead.
    What? One thing has nothing to do with another. Not s fan of point Break Wolverine but this is reaching
    Last edited by Writerblog; 01-04-2022 at 09:45 AM.

Yeah he should have been more wary of the writers he chose but he seems to be happy with them carrying the threads he left. He comes off as very nonchalant and "it is what it is" mentality. I don't think him and JDW had many of the same view points on the X-Men but they played nice.

Mighty Member

I doubt Hickman had issues with the writers. Most of the writers have little power and do whatever is told.

Look at X of Swords and Trial of Magneto as recent examples....

The problem starts at the top.... The white guy who pretended to be Asian and Jordan D White are the main problems.They want nothing to change because they are artistically bankrupt men who got their jobs despite being mediocre.

Also, seems pretty obvious Hickman wanted to wrap up his stories and editorial said no to that because his ideas are the best put forth by a head writer. End the Krakoa area, and the remaining writers will have even less ideas. The main story the head writer (Percy) has is killing underdeveloped women to make their males seem sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I doubt Hickman had issues with the writers. Most of the writers have little power and do whatever is told.

Look at X of Swords and Trial of Magneto as recent examples....

The problem starts at the top.... The white guy who pretended to be Asian and Jordan D White are the main problems.They want nothing to change because they are artistically bankrupt men who got their jobs despite being mediocre.

Also, seems pretty obvious Hickman wanted to wrap up his stories and editorial said no to that because his ideas are the best put forth by a head writer. End the Krakoa area, and the remaining writers will have even less ideas. The main story the head writer (Percy) has is killing underdeveloped women to make their males seem sympathetic.
    If they wanted things to stay the same they would never ever hire Hickman to change the status quo the way he did.
    I think Hickman second guessed himself

Astonishing Member

Honestly, if they want the mutant minority metaphor to continue, they should stop pushing mutants as the Great Replacement theory realized. And that’s just the most prominent current issue with the metaphor.

I’m not shocked at the news that Hickman had planned for all of Krakoa to seem alienating, it was pretty clear from the start, same with other writers quickly trying to sand off the edges once he was leaving. Storm having a kid….honestly depends on the execution, but based on precedent with Marvel that would probably have not turned out well.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So petra and sway are still dead and Gabe is just crazy..... thats not good
    Now that they ARE eligible for resurrection, there should be no problem using them.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

Whatever happened to Colossus' kid? The one in the Savage Land?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Now that they ARE eligible for resurrection, there should be no problem using them.
    I think the point was more Vulcan is crazy…which also won’t matter because I don’t think anyone in the writing room has any plans for that plot point and it’s just kinda sat in the background not being developed. Maybe Gillen will pick it up, maybe not.