Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Whoo lordy, Storm dodged a helluva bullet there!

Praise the Bright Lady!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I don't have time for the full interview but here are a few points that stood out for me.

3) Hickman didn't care for Sinister until Gillen's take, and he's been building Sinister from that. He says "Kieron is where Sinister belongs."
    It was more that he didn't get Sinister, or that he didn't really click with Hickman until Gillen's take. Then he purposely made him this way to get Kieron back in the X-Men.

4) I get the feeling that Hickman wanted Hellion to be the new leader of the X-Men, and to make him a Sigma - better than Omega, but also cooler and loved by everyone.
    For sure, right after he talked about Rachel was always intended to be the superior Phoenix host and eventual leader of the X-Men, but plans changed for both characters.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I really would have loved an Imperial Guard series with Cannonball and Sunspot. Really sad it will not happen. Really.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

So petra and sway are still dead and Gabe is just crazy..... thats not good

I guess Wakanda was going to form an alliance with Krakoa in the end based on this kid. I wonder if Ma Guthrie is available to give birth to T'Challas groin spawn

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So petra and sway are still dead and Gabe is just crazy..... thats not good
    not really. He admits he screwed up so Petra and Sway were brought back even though they shouldn have . Thats why many were complaining the whole fuzz about Thunderbird didnt make sense when those 2 girls already present. In a nutshell, a mistake causing continuity inconssitency.

Is Hickman credited as an editor? Cause once they explained how things work its the job of editorial to catch that cause readers caught it straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    How many babies in all the timelines has Storm had:

Brood fetus
    Technobaby
    Becka Munroe - Brainchilds child
    Kymera
    Azari
    Forge and Storms child
    Major X
    I think we have hit the point where Storm fans have lost the right to complain about AU Summers kids. Unless they are complaining about all AU kids in general.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think we have hit the point where Storm fans have lost the right to complain about AU Summers kids. Unless they are complaining about all AU kids in general.
    Who are these Storm fans that are complaining about the Summers kids? We don't really care for them at all tbh

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is Hickman credited as an editor? Cause once they explained how things work its the job of editorial to catch that cause readers caught it straight away.
    Yeah , that really is editor's fault. But then again it was Hickman who created the whole concept and timeline of when Cerebro started uploading memories so he should have known better aswell.

One of the worst issues in this era were from Ed Brisson. That Empyre issue set him up with all the X-villains and he wasted it.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Yeah , that really is editor's fault. But then again it was Hickman who created the whole concept and timeline of when Cerebro started uploading memories so he should have known better aswell.
    Normally it would be, but from this interview Hickman said there were some last minute editorial changes to an issue and Hickman had to rewrite a page of dialogue for a very quick turnover to meet deadlines. That was where he made the mistake of Havok saying that Petra and Sway just went through the portal back to Earth. If that had been in there from the beginning I think he would have caught it himself earlier, or it could (not would) have been caught by someone. But it wasn't and then it caused an issue with his storyline for Gabe as well as the timeline he presented for who was captured by Cerebro when. Because Thunderbird wasn't caught (and he died after the girls) it made an issue for everyone and he knows it.

Mighty Member

I mean, you could easily just fudge it so that Petra and Sway are still just figments of his imagination. That's way too dope a concept to let sit.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So Hickman's New Mutants was a back door pilot to the Imperial Guard book which would have then led to the giant Phalanx crossover.

All I can say is lost potential

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I mean, you could easily just fudge it so that Petra and Sway are still just figments of his imagination. That's way too dope a concept to let sit.
    You can't if other mutants have interacted with them during X of Swords. So no