Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

So awesome!

That last one is cathartic, having lived through Duke getting fridge-punked at the start of Hill's Detective Comics mini run.

Astonishing Member

he really did. 2021 was a pretty badass year for Duke.
    Genuinely happy for that!

I'm hoping they collect Duke's Urban Legends content like they did with the All-star Batman backups. The anthology format doesn't appeal to me much. I understand the practical use but a bad past experience turned me off.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-12-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping they collect Duke's Urban Legends content like they did with the All-star Batman backups. The anthology format doesn't appeal to me much. I understand the practical use but a bad past experience turned me off.
    I remember seeing a fanmade trade that collected Duke's urban legends stuff and his secret files one shot.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Duke is in Titans? Or did those live action pics come from somewhere else?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Duke is in Titans? Or did those live action pics come from somewhere else?
    I think he had a cameo earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think he had a cameo earlier in the season.
    Interesting, I swore off that show after S1 but small things like this make me want to dive back in.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Interesting, I swore off that show after S1 but small things like this make me want to dive back in.
    I swore off it to so tell me how it is. .

I remember seeing a fanmade trade that collected Duke's urban legends stuff and his secret files one shot.
    Oh cool. Let's hope DC follows suit.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    So awesome!

That last one is cathartic, having lived through Duke getting fridge-punked at the start of Hill's Detective Comics mini run.
    that's how I felt about Patrick's Robin King story. it was such a fantastic rebuttal to Hill's use of Duke in Outsiders and felt like to perfect catharsis following the conclusion of that series.

Secret File in retrospect, while it wasn't bad, I have a few issues with. I liked the inclusion of new abilities for Duke like the photo-shadow traversal and the healing but I would've really loved it if the story hadn't end on a cliffhanger and instead was a story to act as backdoor finale for Batman & The Signal. I feel it wouldn't have bothered me as much if the art for this one-shot was a little better, especially toward the end. the way his powers were displayed at the end was a little wonky, which kinda robbed the scene of feeling as triumphant as it should've been.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

the final product of Duke Thomas as Robin by @Sktchhero

currently following:

the final product of Duke Thomas as Robin by @Sktchhero
    That's unreal level of chill for this costume!! I would vote for this one for Duke any/every day!

sounds like cap but Tim Seeley apparently gave his reason for Duke not being in Robins. I've heard only bad things about Robins so I'm not complaining that Duke ain't there but, even still, for some reason I'm having a hard time believing this explanation.

currently following:

Ultimate Member

sounds like cap but Tim Seeley apparently gave his reason for Duke not being in Robins. I've heard only bad things about Robins so I'm not complaining that Duke ain't there but, even still, for some reason I'm having a hard time believing this explanation.
    Probably depends on when Robins was pitched and approved to be in that bogus voting contest.

Lets say it was done when Duke's Secret Files and Urban Legend stories were greenlighted.

Or there were plans and the DC bloodbath (caused by AT&T) happened that took away those plans.

Astonishing Member

I wish the term non-traditional Robin was used.

Regardless, I also feel Tim Seeley's reason given doesn't make sense. Real-talk, Seeley just didn't bother including Duke in the story he pitched.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Probably depends on when Robins was pitched and approved to be in that bogus voting contest.

Lets say it was done when Duke's Secret Files and Urban Legend stories were greenlighted.

Or there were plans and the DC bloodbath (caused by AT&T) happened that took away those plans.
    The book is kind of continuity-adjacent, and not really taking place at any specific time in the current continuity, so the timeline is irrelevant.
    Dick has Haley in the book, but Damian (that should be on Lazarus island) and Jason (who is part of task force Z) both use their older costumes. So the story can't really clash with anything going on right now more than it is.

I wonder if Seeley just meant that they had other plans for Duke other than to make him one of the official Robins.
    We know from the Robin anniversary special that Duke isn't considered one of the Robins.