Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Ooooh i am loving the continuance of Monshear/ Modam/ Branica/ Blue Spectrum/ Spectrumarvel/ Spectrue love story.

Soooo adorable that she wears BM's jacketand doesn't give a eff what anyone thinks. Classic Monica indeed. LOVING IT!!!!

Can't wait to read it

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Monshear/ Modam/ Branica/ Blue Spectrum/ Spectrumarvel/ Spectrue
    Cool that they're togethr but Good Lord, fam. That is both forced and obnoxious. hahaha

Seriously though they(marvel) could have something special on their hands if thy keep supporting the pairing.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Cool that they're togethr but Good Lord, fam. That is both forced and obnoxious. hahaha

Seriously though they(marvel) could have something special on their hands if thy keep supporting the pairing.
    Explain what is "forced and obnoxious" about a couple waking up in bed together, having a sweet chat before heading to work?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Ooooh i am loving the continuance of Monshear/ Modam/ Branica/ Blue Spectrum/ Spectrumarvel/ Spectrue love story.
    Mr. and Mrs. Brashear works for me. Although, if Adam had his own title and I was scripting it, I'd throw a wrench in things by bringing back Adam's previous wife or a previously unknown paramour that he had to make things interesting for Monica.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Mr. and Mrs. Brashear works for me. Although, if Adam had his own title and I was scripting it, I'd throw a wrench in things by bringing back Adam's previous wife or a previously unknown paramour that he had to make things interesting for Monica.
    Lol, best believe Monica gonna Atomize that broad

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, best believe Monica gonna Atomize that broad
    She'd no doubt try. But what if it was someone powerful enough to hold her own against Monica? Lots of powerful goddesses, abstracts, extraterrestrial entities and mystical types around the cosmos that might have taken a liking to Adam back in his heyday. Perhaps one who has been waiting a loooooong time to win him back?

She'd no doubt try. But what if it was someone powerful enough to hold her own against Monica? Lots of powerful goddesses, abstracts, extraterrestrial entities and mystical types around the cosmos that might have taken a liking to Adam back in his heyday. Perhaps one who has been waiting a loooooong time to win him back?
    I was watching a new Rockstar YouTube video and one of the staff was speculating on possible Easter egg for Blue Marvel to inferring a small part in the new Marvels movie. However he thinks they may gender swap due to a name that was give in a story told to young Carol. It just wouldn't sit well with me if they did this. We already got 3 women with "cosmic-like" powers and can we see a black man in those upper power level type roles. Btw that Captain Universe look would be kinda lit for Monica!!

On this Veterans Day, I'm reminded of a story that was told to me as a kid many years ago about a Navy seaman who swam in shark infested waters, pulling a small life raft of injured soldiers in tow. It took him half a day, but he brought them to safety.

I'd like to think there's a bit of real-life heroes like Charles Jackson French instilled in the Blue Marvel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

On this Veterans Day, I'm reminded of a story that was told to me as a kid many years ago about a Navy seaman who swam in shark infested waters, pulling a small life raft of injured soldiers in tow. It took him half a day, but he brought them to safety.

I'd like to think there's a bit of real-life heroes like Charles Jackson French instilled in the Blue Marvel.
    Got to give it up for our people, we continue to do our thing in spite of the hate and underappreciation.

Mighty Member

So any thoughts on the recently concluded Defenders Beyond.?

It has concluded.... I had hoped it was longer perhaps 8 or 10 issues.

Mighty Member

A love triangle ....nah.

That would make their relationship a bit too stereotypically telenovela.

We still need to see Monica interacting with BMs kids and BM interacting with Monica's family

There is still the Godfather of the Watcher plot thread...

And BMs son who exists outside existence who should have at list been featured as one of the characters in Defenders Beyond as he is a creation of Al Ewing so why did Al neglect him?.... Can some place ask Al Ewing and let us know his response?

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    And BMs son who exists outside existence who should have at list been featured as one of the characters in Defenders Beyond as he is a creation of Al Ewing so why did Al neglect him?.... Can some place ask Al Ewing and let us know his response?
    He isn't trapped outside of existence anymore. He got to come home to Earth-616 after using his powers to banish Mr. Beyond back to The Outside along with his host Jason Quantrell, at least...that's how I remember it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

"Adam is out of the picture, okay?" - Monica to her parents. She and Adam have split up!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "Adam is out of the picture, okay?" - Monica to her parents. She and Adam have split up!
    ^^^Thats a shame if true.
    They’re a great power couple, and just a great couple, period.
    I don’t think they have to be joined at the hip, and can be on different teams as individuals without having to be broken up.

It is true I'm afraid. That quote is from today's debut issue of Photon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman