Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    "Too many committed black couples in the marcel universe"???

Like which ones (you better provide a long list to validate your " too many" assertion)?

@Besouro, relax... Everyone knows Ororo unceremoniously dumped T'Challa so she could be with (and in no particular order) James Logan, Max Eisenhardt, Scott Summers, Victor Von Doom, and Warren Worthington

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Has anyone yet introduced a story arc or presented an alternate Earth version of Blue Marvel that never received the Presidential Executive Order asking him to retire? I wonder what the superhero landscape have looked like had that happened.
    I don't see Marvel doing it in the near future ( unless BM gets a little more popular), but this could be a really interesting "What If" story. A good miniseries could really explore the results of Blue Marvel staying active and the political fall out in the 60's and 70's and how that could have altered history.

Spectacular Member

Oh man that could be great. You could pick an event from each decade and make a 6 issue Blue Marvel What If? Mini. Off the top of my head, something like:

1. What If Blue Marvel helped in the first fight against Galactus?
    2. What if Blue Marvel was involved in the Kree/Skrull War?
    3. What if Blue Marvel was involved in the(1984) Secret Wars?
    4. What if Blue Marvel was involved in The Infinity Gauntlet?
    5. What if Blue Marvel was involved in House Of M?
    6. Blue Marvel: The End

The possibilities are dizzying. It would be great.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Guardian View Post
    Oh man that could be great. You could pick an event from each decade and make a 6 issue Blue Marvel What If? Mini. Off the top of my head, something like:

That looks like a "What If" mini series that I'd love to read.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Mighty Member

Damn good ideas.

Given that Blue Marvel is basically the foster father of they new Watcher he should have access to see into alternate universes to see his alternate trajectories in those universes.

Oh and he also has a son who is basically a metaphysical being outside ... existence?

However it seems King Hyperion might have killed the alternate BMs in other universes leaving only 616 BM.

Speaking of which....what would y'all do with those hanging plot threads of BMs foster father of new Watcher and his outside of existence metaphysical son?

I could see Blue Marvel not wishing to give up his now resurgent superhero/explorer career to raise children. But I don't think that alone would give him cause to leave the relationship. Monica is a hell of a woman. He'd think long and hard before he walked away from her.

The Omega Servitor/Beyonder thing might also make it difficult for Monica and Adam to go their separate ways. I mean, if whenever they merge they become a Beyonder, then you have to wonder if they ever were two separate individuals. The Omega Servitors were created back in the 2nd or 3rd Cosmos. Did an Omega Servitor bifurcate at some point between then and the 7th Cosmos, ultimately becoming the mysterious power sources behind both Adam's and Monica's powers? Or is Adam and Monica unknowingly two halves of the same being? Or perhaps 2/3rds, since Anti-Man was created in the same instant as Adam and possibly factors into the equation somehow? Or maybe all of this Omega Servitor composite thing is another one-time ruse concocted by the Beyonders themselves to guide events in the 8th Cosmos?
    It is worth wondering that if Adam and Monica are some Beyonder who ran away, where the hell are the memories they would have from back then?

Though I do doubt they'll turn out to be some Beyonder who ran away, at best I can see their power sources being connected with Beyonders, (Kinda like how Hulk's power is connected with TOBA, and how Immortal Hulk all but states that F4's is connected with TOAA's).

Has anyone yet introduced a story arc or presented an alternate Earth version of Blue Marvel that never received the Presidential Executive Order asking him to retire? I wonder what the superhero landscape have looked like had that happened.
    In Marvel itself, all of Adam's random counterparts only show up once, so yeah, a what if like that wasn't done with 'em yet.

Spidey got a "Spider's Shadow" what if mini series, so maybe Adam could get one too.

So like Marvel itself would advance in real time? 'Cause honestly, it's surprising how little the "Life Story" style of comics Marvel has used lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

Sooo Defenders Beyond #3 is out..... Any update/ spoiler about our Man of Might?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Sooo Defenders Beyond #3 is out..... Any update/ spoiler about our Man of Might?
    Not really much to report as far as Adam goes in Defenders Beyond #3. He does have a few panels that remind you of the Matrix -- the scene where Neo confronts the Architect. Other than that, he's mostly in cerebral leader mode for most of the issue.

The rest of the highlights...

spoilers:
    Galactus' Mom becomes the new Phoenix host as the team enters the White Hot Room. The team ends up battling the PF/Taaia. The Beyonder is also there and assists the team by throwing a blender full of quarks and other stuff at the PF to distract her from Loki. Adam finally gets to "cut loose" by using antimatter blasts on the PF, but the PF is unphased. (I guess I'll have to wait for another series until the writer explores what else Adam can do after 80+ years of wielding a nigh infinite energy source.) The battle draws to an end when Tigra becomes the next avatar of the Tiger God. Some crap about cats eating birds, or whatever. The cliffhanger leaves us with a certain golden herald that I haven't seen in a while.
    end of spoilers
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

@Besouro, relax... Everyone knows Ororo unceremoniously dumped T'Challa so she could be with (and in no particular order) James Logan, Max Eisenhardt, Scott Summers, Victor Von Doom, and Warren Worthington
    Still waiting for that long list. Lol!

And was it BP/ Tchalla who dumped Ororo?....After all he is the one who annulled the marriage.

Mighty Member

Not really much to report as far as Adam goes in Defenders Beyond #3. He does have a few panels that remind you of the Matrix -- the scene where Neo confronts the Architect. Other than that, he's mostly in cerebral leader mode for most of the issue.

The rest of the highlights...

spoilers:
    Galactus' Mom becomes the new Phoenix host as the team enters the White Hot Room. The team ends up battling the PF/Taaia. The Beyonder is also there and assists the team by throwing a blender full of quarks and other stuff at the PF to distract her from Loki. Adam finally gets to "cut loose" by using antimatter blasts on the PF, but the PF is unphased. (I guess I'll have to wait for another series until the writer explores what else Adam can do after 80+ years of wielding a nigh infinite energy source.) The battle draws to an end when Tigra becomes the next avatar of the Tiger God. Some crap about cats eating birds, or whatever. The cliffhanger leaves us with a certain golden herald that I haven't seen in a while.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for this...i am beginning to think Al Ewing is just goying with us fans and not entirely good way but not bad
    ... Just enough to get u interested and leave u hanging on a fence.

Extraordinary Member

Who is has the marvel legends blue marvel action figure?and tell us what you think.

Form what I've read, spoilers:
    BM tanked a blast from the primordial Phoenix who is a threat for even old David Beyondhoff. That doesn't sound like a mid showing to me
    end of spoilers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Form what I've read, spoilers:
    BM tanked a blast from the primordial Phoenix who is a threat for even old David Beyondhoff. That doesn't sound like a mid showing to me
    end of spoilers
    Of course certain folks on the battle boards,battlewiki etc.. will down play it like they have done with alot of blue marvel's feat and make excuses etc..

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Of course certain folks on the battle boards,battlewiki etc.. will down play it like they have done with alot of blue marvel's feat and make excuses etc..
    Well, BM is supposed to be durable enough to tank a blast like that...as would Thor, Hulk, Gladiator and others in that class. I mean in the last Dr. Doom series, Adam survived a spell that called forth the collective energies of multiple suns. It's not that they're downplaying it per se, it's just that we should consider that feat as par for his class rank.

Personally, I was hoping to see Ewing be more creative with Adam's power set -- or at the very least better demonstrate his connection with Omega Servitors. Don't just fall back to generic antimatter energy, unless Ewing is seeking to establish that Adam's powers function like Molecule Man's, only the opposite charge. More. I want more.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Who is has the marvel legends blue marvel action figure?and tell us what you think.
    Got him Sunday.

He does not have the gray hair temples.

Took a bit to get the purple energy bolts into place.

Had issue with him standing-right leg had that same issue Thor (from the first Valkyrie two figure set).

Other wise it's a fine figure.