Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Yeah, Thunderbolts is definitely after Defenders as those two month old pages prove. And Photon is after that. Note that her Thunderbolts costume includes his jacket. Makes sense that the name she adopted when they met and the costume that includes part of his are both dumped when they split up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Meh, could be literal, as Adam might be dealing with defenders stuff at the time.
    Not true, the timeline doesn't work and that Defenders team ended with the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Something tells me Ms. Ewing is also against Dr.Voodoo return as Monica's love interest despite him being very much younger than Adam.

I have my suspicions, hopefully i am wrong.
    Isn't Jericho spoken for? He's with Scarlet Witch, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To be fair, while the ageism thing makes no sense from a reader/writer POW (I've see the same critics against Magneto while Logan or Namor get a pass), I can definitely see Monica's father not happy at the idea of having a son-in-law as old as him.

If they really broke the couple, my guess for the reason would be that Monica is becoming a higher profile character, with the moving incoming. And they don't want to bother her with a D-lister they don't care about and have no intention to push. It's irritating, but I bet a black Hyperion has even better odds to be in the MCU than Blue Marvel. Because at least black Hyperion would bring some good old controversy and browny points for angering the casualgaters.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Indeed.

But Ms.Ewing is viciously against it.
    Viciously?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Sure'nuff

Yo, if Eve Ewing really just broke them up on some silly whim, then she is officially trash as hell to me. On everything thing I love, if she end up bumpin gums with a chad I'm out.

oh well. they were nice together while it lasted.

The meet cute…:

Spectacular Member

Man I loved that costume. That and the OG look are definitely my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    To be fair, while the ageism thing makes no sense from a reader/writer POW (I've see the same critics against Magneto while Logan or Namor get a pass), I can definitely see Monica's father not happy at the idea of having a son-in-law as old as him.

If they really broke the couple, my guess for the reason would be that Monica is becoming a higher profile character, with the moving incoming. And they don't want to bother her with a D-lister they don't care about and have no intention to push. It's irritating, but I bet a black Hyperion has even better odds to be in the MCU than Blue Marvel. Because at least black Hyperion would bring some good old controversy and browny points for angering the casualgaters.
    Luke Cage should've wifed her instead of Jessica!!

Extraordinary Member

How Powerful is Blue Marvel

Variant Comics

Extraordinary Member

Blue Marvel Meets God: Defenders Beyond Part 1 (Comics Explained)

Comics Explained

Extraordinary Member

Blue Marvel Fights The Beyonders: Defenders Beyond Part 2 (Comics Explained)

Comics Explained

Extraordinary Member

Blue Marvel Fights The Phoenix Force: Defenders Beyond Part 3 (Comics Explained)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It is true I'm afraid. That quote is from today's debut issue of Photon.
    I thought that Photon story is from an alternate future timeline, not mainstream 616. Maybe I misread one of the previews????

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So any thoughts on the recently concluded Defenders Beyond.?

It has concluded.... I had hoped it was longer perhaps 8 or 10 issues.
    I'm just wondering if the "Adam Kadmon" thing will stick. The cosmic significance of that leads me to hope that the next creative team that handles Adam will give him a grand, new redesign. But that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Overall, Defenders Beyond was fairly pedestrian, imho. Clearly, it was a vehicle to reintroduce the Beyonder and lay the groundwork for a more epic future telling.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought that Photon story is from an alternate future timeline, not mainstream 616. Maybe I misread one of the previews????
    S.W.O.R.D sent her to retrieve the stone of Hala that was lost in Iron Heart #8, I wonder how long that was?
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-28-2022 at 08:56 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough