Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    That I feel that an asgardian goddess is an odd choice for a "voice" anthology.
    It’s always been about aesthetics. That’s why Superman is considered a white guy despite not being from Earth either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It’s always been about aesthetics. That’s why Superman is considered a white guy despite not being from Earth either.
    Of course there are some folks like john campea who do not consider superman really white because he is a alien and white etc.. is a earth thing.

Invincible Member

Blue Marvel appears in the latest Marvel Voices.
    Don't bother, it's just one page when he utters some generic inspiring words and then goes back to limbo.
    While Valkyrie, who is not even a human black person, gets a whole story.
    The one for black history month? Are you sure or this a different edition?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The one for black history month? Are you sure or this a different edition?
    It's the one with Night Thrasher on the cover but not in the pages.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Invincible Member

It's the one with Night Thrasher on the cover but not in the pages.
    Hmm...in that case it's suspect then. I hope it's a case of her being in the story rather than being the sole focus of the story. Some of the Voices comics are a mix of minorities but others have a clear theme. Val counts as a minority because she's bi-sexual, however the theme of the new one is supposed to be black heroes.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Blue Marvel appears in the latest Marvel Voices.
    Don't bother, it's just one page when he utters some generic inspiring words and then goes back to limbo.
    While Valkyrie, who is not even a human black person, gets a whole story.
    I think the point was not only to celebrate Black characters (irrespective of origin), but Black creators as well. It is a shame, however, that Blue Marvel and others continue to receive only the briefest mention, if at all.

https://www.marvel.com/watch/trailer...trailer-comics

With Marvel writers committed to the more modern point of origin timeline shift, the vacated period from 1961 - 1990 becomes even more fertile ground for them to establish Blue Marvel as a more impactful figure in the 616's history. But they won't do it. And even though Blue Marvel's remote Kadesh base all but assures that the general populace would never get wind of any of his spacefaring adventures, we will never see a single story arc post-1969* where Adam does anything of import on his own on behalf of the world.

*I state 1969 here, because that was the end of Lyndon B. Johnson's presidency and the point at which all of the Executive Orders established by both JFK and LBJ would have been terminated by the new incoming President. That is, of course, assuming that LBJ didn't terminate or restructure the Executive Order with the death of Kennedy in 1963.

No offense to Kevin Grevioux, but an EO isn't really a solid enough device to keep BM grounded throughout his prime. Politics is funny that way. I mean, we saw what then President Trump did to all of President Obama's EOs, to say nothing of President Biden's sweeping termination of TFG's Executive Orders. That **** doesn't last in perpetuum. Marvel really needs to give us a better reason for Blue Marvel being a nonfactor for 30+ years.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-20-2022 at 12:58 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Announced this morning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hmm...in that case it's suspect then. I hope it's a case of her being in the story rather than being the sole focus of the story. Some of the Voices comics are a mix of minorities but others have a clear theme. Val counts as a minority because she's bi-sexual, however the theme of the new one is supposed to be black heroes.
    You're thinking of a different Valkyrie. The one featured in MARVEL'S VOICE: LEGACY (2022) was Runa, the black, lesbian Valkyrie was who introduced a year or so ago in the MIGHTY VALKYRIES miniseries.

The bisexual Valkyrie (Brunnhilde), who was a long-time member of the Defenders, is still dead. Jane Foster and Runa are the two main Valkyries appearing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Announced this morning.

Where, and what is this from? I would put down some bills to get this!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Where, and what is this from? I would put down some bills to get this!
    Marvel Legends line, goes up for pre-order tomorrow for like 24.99

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    You're thinking of a different Valkyrie. The one featured in MARVEL'S VOICE: LEGACY (2022) was Runa, the black, lesbian Valkyrie was who introduced a year or so ago in the MIGHTY VALKYRIES miniseries.

The bisexual Valkyrie (Brunnhilde), who was a long-time member of the Defenders, is still dead. Jane Foster and Runa are the two main Valkyries appearing these days.
    Thanks for the clarification. When Mugiwara said "Valkyrie who is not even a human black person" I assumed it was the white Brunnhilde version.

Extraordinary Member

Announced this morning.

I am definitely getting it.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Legends Blue Marvel Figure First Look!! Hasbro Pulse Fan First Monday

Marvel Legends First Livestream Of 2022 Reveals Galore
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...l-quake-pulse/

If Marvel doesn't even sniff at trying to include Adam in this upcoming slate of movies, I don't know if it will even happen. Dr. Strange movie would be amazing even though it seems overstuffed with characters. The Marvels is just perfect. It would crazy to see MCU start to have the same issues the comics have with really promoting good, original black male heroes.

Announced this morning.

Fi-Na-LEEEEEEE!!!!!
    Last edited by Iconic; 02-22-2022 at 06:37 AM.