Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post

This looks interesting, it seems that Blue Marvel will be leading the Defenders in this iteration.
    Looking good.

When will #1 drop?

I hope this Defenders and the new Thunderbolts have a crossover focusing on Adam and Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Really looking forward to this one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The new Defenders mini is coming out this week... tomorrow. Here's the preview:

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-l...der-defenders/

I wasn’t going to buy the Defenders Beyond series initially, but I suffered a medical event ten days ago where I literally died and was resuscitated. Not going to miss the chance to read a cosmic Adam Brashear story now that I have a new lease on life.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wasn’t going to buy the Defenders Beyond series initially, but I suffered a medical event ten days ago where I literally died and was resuscitated. Not going to miss the chance to read a cosmic Adam Brashear story now that I have a new lease on life.
    Hope you get better soon.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Hope you get better soon.
    Thanks, mate! Taking it one day at a time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    So is anyone gonna make a review or what?!?

How was our man of mysterious sciences Blue Marvel treated?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

Beautifully, simply beautifully. I went to read it after reading this post, got it this morning and man was i not disappointed. The art is superb, the colors are amazing. It has a really trippy yet organic feel to it. You get a quick update on Blue Marvel, just how powerful he is, some nice insight from the character. You get to see his underwater base and instead of just telling us he is a scientist Ewing shows us his portal room "one of his hobbies." This is my book of the month. Just so many wonderfully draw sequences, the falling as the panels collapse is a personal fave.

defendersbeyond.jpg
    defendersbeyond0.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

I’ll chime in a bit later. I ordered it on Comixology, but waiting until I get home from the hospital later this week to read it on the PC. Based on the preview that I saw, our man Blue Marvel is getting A-list treatment.

By the way, let’s not bury the lead: Dr. Adam Brashear, the Blue Marvel, one of the most powerful mortals in the multiverse, now has ... The Eternity Mask!!! Holy crap, Batman!

I am not sure who they will face, but if Ewing lets Adam wear the Eternity Mask, it means their foe is going to be in for a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Beautifully, simply beautifully. I went to read it after reading this post, got it this morning and man was i not disappointed. The art is superb, the colors are amazing. It has a really trippy yet organic feel to it. You get a quick update on Blue Marvel, just how powerful he is, some nice insight from the character. You get to see his underwater base and instead of just telling us he is a scientist Ewing shows us his portal room "one of his hobbies." This is my book of the month. Just so many wonderfully draw sequences, the falling as the panels collapse is a personal fave.

defendersbeyond.jpg
    defendersbeyond0.jpg
    Yeah it's nice when a story can give you an idea of what the character is like, and Ewing did a pretty good job with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    By the way, let’s not bury the lead: Dr. Adam Brashear, the Blue Marvel, one of the most powerful mortals in the multiverse, now has ... The Eternity Mask!!! Holy crap, Batman!

I am not sure who they will face, but if Ewing lets Adam wear the Eternity Mask, it means their foe is going to be in for a big surprise.
    I do wonder if he's gonna use it, this issue made him not want to rely on magic and instead do things his way.

Though it could be said that he didn't like it because Strange was forcing the situation on him, but he'll be fine with using the mask afterwards if there's a need.

Hell, next issue may give him a chance to use it spoilers:
    considering they may have to fight Beyonder.
    end of spoilers

Also, hope you get better man.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah it's nice when a story can give you an idea of what the character is like, and Ewing did a pretty good job with it so far.

I do wonder if he's gonna use it, this issue made him not want to rely on magic and instead do things his way.

Though it could be said that he didn't like it because Strange was forcing the situation on him, but he'll be fine with using the mask afterwards if there's a need.

Hell, next issue may give him a chance to use it spoilers:
    considering they may have to fight Beyonder.
    end of spoilers

Also, hope you get better man.
    That twist at the end legit got me. I was honestly didn't believe it was him because there were so many posts like mentioning him but you know we haven't seen him in i don't even know so i was like "woah this story is big." lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Niffleheim

I haven't been following every story about Adam but I was curious about his wife's death. Wasn't she a govt plant? Did they reconcile? What's the story there?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I haven't been following every story about Adam but I was curious about his wife's death. Wasn't she a govt plant? Did they reconcile? What's the story there?
    I don't know the exact details of the storyline but they did mention his wife. spoilers:
    he says that he doesn't mess with the Avengers unless Luke Cage is with them because they played a part in the death of his wife. though it could have been worked for instead of play a part.
    end of spoilers man i love captions.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Niffleheim

I got that part I was just curious exactly who were responsible when he mentioned the parties involved.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I got that part I was just curious exactly who were responsible when he mentioned the parties involved.
    oh no idea. i did buy the legend of blue marvel awhile ago though. completely forgot. lol. off to read.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.