Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    Yeah, I’ve seen that rumor I think, isn’t it the same one that also claims Carol’s married to the leader of that planet?
    Yes, and all the leakers are claiming it. Musical planet, Carol married, Its such a big shift from first movie. The marriage is probably a joke like the musical planet but why spend so much time on a joke. There are so much great Carol stories they could have adopted instead of whatever this is. All the leaks are pointing it towards being Guardians style movie. This movie is coming right after Guardians 3
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 07-26-2022 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Yes, and all the leakers are claiming it. Musical planet, Carol married, Its such a big shift from first movie. The marriage is probably a joke like the musical planet but why spend so much time on a joke. There are so much great Carol stories they could have adopted instead of whatever this is.
    I'm surprised with THE MARVELS pretty much in the can already, that there have been so few leaks about the story. We don't even have much to go on when questioning which antagonist Zawe Ashton is playing yet. I'd think there'd be pix from the set etc (beyond Kamala's new suit) that might give us something to go on. But I have seen it reported that the tone is more on the silly GUARDIANS/THOR end of the Marvel Phase Spectrum (pun not intended).
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Zawe Ashton rumored to play Kree General not based on any comic character. Its not like MCU cares about Captain Marvel comics

If they want to do a plot involving a Kree General, there must be several canon characters they could use? Why create an OC?

That musical rumour... did they get the idea from Kamala's latest mini? Some multiverse shenanigans lands her in a reality where everything is Bollywood, and that includes everyone singing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they want to do a plot involving a Kree General, there must be several canon characters they could use? Why create an OC?

That musical rumour... did they get the idea from Kamala's latest mini? Some multiverse shenanigans lands her in a reality where everything is Bollywood, and that includes everyone singing.
    Its from Captain Marvel comics ironically. Someone was posting panels of it in twitter. I dont know which

Yeah it's from the second volume of KSD's run. Don't really remember it much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah it's from the second volume of KSD's run. Don't really remember it much though.
    I think she was consulted for the movie. Thanks KSD for bringing this iconic panel to screen

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    But I have seen it reported that the tone is more on the silly GUARDIANS/THOR end of the Marvel Phase Spectrum (pun not intended).
    i REALLY hope this isn't true...

I've about had my fill of MCU humor...

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Zawe Ashton rumored to play Kree General not based on any comic character. Its not like MCU cares about Captain Marvel comics
    Weird because the first movie had a lot of influence from the comics which makes me think if it's the director (Nia Dacosta), i know the terrible title change came from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've about had my fill of MCU humor...
    I've not seen Love & Thunder yet and I have no intention of seeing it.

Well, atleast we can expect Carol to be a main character in Avengers 5.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Weird because the first movie had a lot of influence from the comics which makes me think if it's the director (Nia Dacosta), i know the terrible title change came from her.
    CBR got confused by that title change. They posted an article about issue 12 of Kurt Busiek's The Marvels... and illustrated it with the movie logo instead of the comic's.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Whoops, issue 2 of the Variants has a mistake in it relating to Carol's timeline. Four years ago, she was apparently part of an A-Force team and already Captain Marvel. However, A-Force was published during and after Secret Wars. If it was four years ago, Kamala and Miles would be in college by now. The issue also mentions Dani Cage currently being 3 1/2 years old. Wasn't she born before Civil War, i.e. when Carol had just begun her second stint as Ms. Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Is it though? For all we know name change could be from Brie Larson
    I really didn't see much influence from comics in first movie