Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the one hand...nice to see Zola, art is lovely, cool action sequence.

On the other hand...same problem I have with Peter Parker and Miles Morales. Pairing together two characters with the same codename just feels a tad excessive/redundant.
    Fair enough, though I'd say if DC can have multiple Green Lanterns and Flashes, and now Batgirls . . . then Marvel can live with two Captain Americas . . . or Captains America. Not sure how the grammar for that works, but still.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough, though I'd say if DC can have multiple Green Lanterns and Flashes, and now Batgirls . . . then Marvel can live with two Captain Americas . . . or Captains America. Not sure how the grammar for that works, but still.
    I think we could be here all day if we tried to debate shared mantles and legacy heroes, so I'll just say I'm glad Steve and Sam will be adventuring in their own books.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Eros isn't treated as a serial rapist jerk now. There was one storyline where he was accused of it--and by the end of the arc it was confirmed that Eros does NOT use his powers that way, and the incident was the result of a clone of Thanos having tampered with Eros' mind, causing him brain damage that affected both his control over his powers and affected his personality.

Despite some readers making jokes and/or lies about him, Starfox isn't a rapist and the comics don't portray him that way.
    Hmmm. Could that possibly be the explanation for Eros' makeover back in the early aughts?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hmmm. Could that possibly be the explanation for Eros' makeover back in the early aughts?

There were so many weird designs back then....

Lol! Well the example could be states attorneys general. Captains America? This is going to bug me all day now!
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Extraordinary Member

Probably won't happen...bu I wish this new series would touch base with some of Cap's old supporting cast to give us a bit of the 'where are they now'. Folks like Bernie Rosenthal, Ram Ridley, Priscilla Lyons, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Probably won't happen...bu I wish this new series would touch base with some of Cap's old supporting cast to give us a bit of the 'where are they now'. Folks like Bernie Rosenthal, Ram Ridley, Priscilla Lyons, etc...
    That would be nice .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Lol! Well the example could be states attorneys general. Captains America? This is going to bug me all day now!
    My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be nice .
    Very nice, though I think Bernie Rosenthal did reappear for a bit in Coates's recent run as Steve's lawyer or something like that when he was being set up by the Power Elite to be blamed by the public and media for HYDRA-Cap's actions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Very nice, though I think Bernie Rosenthal did reappear for a bit in Coates's recent run as Steve's lawyer or something like that when he was being set up by the Power Elite to be blamed by the public and media for HYDRA-Cap's actions.
    Bernie shows up every now and then as a lawyer, sometimes in Cap's book and sometimes elsewhere. I think the last place I saw her was the JUGGERNAUT miniseries a year or two ago.

Extraordinary Member

I remember that...It is just my usual argument about all the minor characters who have been pretty much ignored or used as punching bags over the years.

Priscilla...who has not been seen since 1991 in the 1st U.S. Agent limited series...John is the type to file reports and Steve is the type to read them. After reading a report that Priscilla joined...then helped take down...the Scourge organization why would Steve not reach out?

Rikki Barnes comes back from being lost in the multiverse in the Future Foundation book and back to Earth when they came back in FF...why would Rikki not have reached out to Steve to let him know she is back...and maybe help out with his troubles?

Dennis Dunphy has been through hell for years eventually ending up as a vampire. Where is Steve reaching out to his friend to let him know he is there to support him no matter what? Could even add Ben Grimm to that one as Ben and Dennis are friends as well.

Jack Monroe as well. Yes he is dead but how about a visit to his grave on the anniversary of his death.

Drake Harrison...Jack Flag's brother...why not a visit to him after what went down with Jack?

I am not saying that they should bring them all back to be his ongoing supporting cast...but Steve does not strike me as the type of guy who just ignores the people in his life.

Astonishing Member

Dennis Dunphy has been through hell for years eventually ending up as a vampire. Where is Steve reaching out to his friend to let him know he is there to support him no matter what? Could even add Ben Grimm to that one as Ben and Dennis are friends as well.
    Did Dennis actually become a vampire? I know that making him a vampire was raised as a possibility in the RAVENCROFT mini, but I don't recall it ever being confirmed that it actually happened. I hope it didn't -- the Marvel Universe has enough vampire characters already.

I am not saying that they should bring them all back to be his ongoing supporting cast...but Steve does not strike me as the type of guy who just ignores the people in his life.
    He doesn't ignore them, no--but his very busy schedule of running from crisis to crisis with the Avengers does tend to prevent him from following up with them as much as he'd like. Steve himself has commented on that problem a number of times over the years, usually when regretting the fact that he wasn't there for someone when they needed him. That's what happened between him and Ram--Ram's mother died while Cap was busy saving the world, and Ram wasn't even able to reach him. Steve found out about it months after the fact and was horrified.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Did Dennis actually become a vampire? I know that making him a vampire was raised as a possibility in the RAVENCROFT mini, but I don't recall it ever being confirmed that it actually happened. I hope it didn't -- the Marvel Universe has enough vampire characters already.

He doesn't ignore them, no--but his very busy schedule of running from crisis to crisis with the Avengers does tend to prevent him from following up with them as much as he'd like. Steve himself has commented on that problem a number of times over the years, usually when regretting the fact that he wasn't there for someone when they needed him. That's what happened between him and Ram--Ram's mother died while Cap was busy saving the world, and Ram wasn't even able to reach him. Steve found out about it months after the fact and was horrified.
    It is kind of vague in the book...Bud Adams says he can save Dennis's life by turning him into a vampire and Dennis is seen OK at he end with Bud saying he saved him. The Marvel Comics Database (yes I know not official) states he is a Vampire now.

As far as the old supporting cast...I get Steve is busy but I think it kind of makes him look bad to not check in with them...even if it is infrequently. Some I do think deserve to be part of an arc that lets the few fans they have get an update on them. Others can just be a page or two just to show that they reconnect. Rikki Barnes for example could show up at the beginning of an arc having breakfast in a diner with Steve when he is called away for a mission. It is not a major appearance but would show that they are in touch since she came back to 616.

Astonishing Member

It is kind of vague in the book...Bud Adams says he can save Dennis's life by turning him into a vampire and Dennis is seen OK at he end with Bud saying he saved him. The Marvel Comics Database (yes I know not official) states he is a Vampire now.
    Yeah, I saw that they have him listed that way--but it seems premature to me. There has yet to be anything on-panel confirming him to be a vampire. Earlier in the issue Adams offers to "turn" Dennis in order to save his life, but later after the situation was resolved he says he "healed" Dennis. The "healed" wording implies to me that they saved him without having to turn him. Dennis was also seen with the rest of the Ravencroft staff at the press conference--which suggests he was able to be out in daylight.

As far as the old supporting cast...I get Steve is busy but I think it kind of makes him look bad to not check in with them...even if it is infrequently. Some I do think deserve to be part of an arc that lets the few fans they have get an update on them. Others can just be a page or two just to show that they reconnect. Rikki Barnes for example could show up at the beginning of an arc having breakfast in a diner with Steve when he is called away for a mission. It is not a major appearance but would show that they are in touch since she came back to 616.
    It doesn't help us fans that want to see those characters, but I would presume that Steve does make some effort to check in on them off-panel. I agree it would be nice to check in on them on-panel too, and have some of them guest star or even return to the supporting cast (like Dennis did for the SAM WILSON: CAP run).

Please, Demon... Ohh... sorry... I mean D-Man... Can you please wear this clothes again!? Thanks!

Yeah! It would be nice to finally have that reunion between Cap & Rikki (XD)