Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm not too sure about this direction for Bucky, but this was one of the best choreographed fights I've seen in a Marvel book in awhile.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

https://www.previewsworld.com/NewRel...Date=12/7/2022

Steve and Namor has a heart to heart.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.previewsworld.com/NewRel...Date=12/7/2022

Steve and Namor has a heart to heart.
    Should be interesting. Do they reconcile after all the crap Namor pulled in Jason Aaron's Avengers?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Should be interesting. Do they reconcile after all the crap Namor pulled in Jason Aaron's Avengers?
    If I remember right Steve beat him up a bit but they were far from cool? Or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I remember right Steve beat him up a bit but they were far from cool? Or something to that effect.
    Yeah, I remember that, too.

Cap beat up on Namor? Cool.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I love how it's "all the crap that Namor pulled," while dropping a Celestial on Atlanteans & their home, invasion of Atlantis to free a bunch of Roxxon murders, etc. is just forgotten.

But it isn't reconciled at all, fortunately. It should just be dismissed as completely OOC and horrible writing for just about everyone in that book for years. This preview is exactly how Namor and Steve should be written.

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Cap beat up on Namor? Cool.
    Not physically. Just another trash talk lecture.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I love how it's "all the crap that Namor pulled," while dropping a Celestial on Atlanteans & their home, invasion of Atlantis to free a bunch of Roxxon murders, etc. is just forgotten.

But it isn't reconciled at all, fortunately. It should just be dismissed as completely OOC and horrible writing for just about everyone in that book for years. This preview is exactly how Namor and Steve should be written.

Not physically. Just another trash talk lecture.
    You do raise fair points there.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I find it amusing that Cap is one of the few people who genuinely likes-ish Namor cause they are old war buddies

Their time punching Nazis together makes up for a lot of Namor's personality flaws

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I find it amusing that Cap is one of the few people who genuinely likes-ish Namor cause they are old war buddies

Their time punching Nazis together makes up for a lot of Namor's personality flaws
    The Invaders were a close-knit bunch.

It helped that Namor was generally on his best behavior back then.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

You do raise fair points there.
    There's rarely a need to interact with Namor unless someone is messing with his domain and people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Most modern writers don't usually write Cap as actually liking Namor -- we're along way from writers like Stern, or even Byrne. But the bond between war buddies is real. They've seen the best and worst of each other. There's a lot both characters will do for that. Plus, coming from the same era, they are always going to have more in common taste wise then his modern friends. They both probably like their movies in black and white, swing, & baseball.

I'm not so sure about that. Namor was young back then. But writers of that era understood that Namor was a hero.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Most modern writers don't usually write Cap as actually liking Namor -- we're along way from writers like Stern, or even Byrne. But the bond between war buddies is real. They've seen the best and worst of each other. There's a lot both characters will do for that. Plus, coming from the same era, they are always going to have more in common taste wise then his modern friends. They both probably like their movies in black and white, swing, & baseball.
    I think most modern writers, at least from what I've seen, depict Cap as tolerating Namor better than most do and Namor in turn listens to Steve in a way he doesn't with a lot of people.
    I'm not so sure about that. Namor was young back then. But writers of that era understood that Namor was a hero.
    True, but he was channeling a lot of his rage and anger towards the Nazi's and he was able to work as a team player with the rest of the team.

OMG! I'll always be a fan of The Invaders, no matter what!! Sad to learn that the depiction of their camaraderie wasn't exactly accurate, though...

The game "Marvel's Strike Force" has its characters grouped in teams, and Cap used to be in the "First Wave Avengers" team, with the line-up of the movie. But nowadays everybody had its own team: Thor is with the Asgardians, Hulk is with the Gamma, Iron Man has 2 extra teams instead of 1 (powered armors and technological avengers), and Black Widow her team based on her movie, along with Hawkeye. And poor ol' cap was left in the sidelines, the surplus character nobody knew where to fit.

Well, that's about to be fixed. The game adds a new team, "Project Rebirth". It includes Captain America and Bucky (already in the game, with some tweaks to work as a team) and three new characters, Agent Carter, US Agent, and Agent Venom (yes, Flash Thompson). The event will probably start in some days, after we finish with the Black Panther one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The game "Marvel's Strike Force" has its characters grouped in teams, and Cap used to be in the "First Wave Avengers" team, with the line-up of the movie. But nowadays everybody had its own team: Thor is with the Asgardians, Hulk is with the Gamma, Iron Man has 2 extra teams instead of 1 (powered armors and technological avengers), and Black Widow her team based on her movie, along with Hawkeye. And poor ol' cap was left in the sidelines, the surplus character nobody knew where to fit.

Well, that's about to be fixed. The game adds a new team, "Project Rebirth". It includes Captain America and Bucky (already in the game, with some tweaks to work as a team) and three new characters, Agent Carter, US Agent, and Agent Venom (yes, Flash Thompson). The event will probably start in some days, after we finish with the Black Panther one.
    That's a great line-up for "Project: Rebirth"! The only one missing would be...

Nomad

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-05-2022 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.