Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Love the new issue. Like I really loved it. I hope it does well.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Love the new issue. Like I really loved it. I hope it does well.
    I definitely dug the new issue. It got a tad confusing for me towards the end with the new Destroyer. Or the people Steve was talking with on the radio. Or the 4th of July parade. (Eh, it's cool and very nice. But for me, that's more of a Thanksgiving Day type of thing. People would usually watch the fireworks at the East River. But that's a tiny thing. I digress). Also, this idea of Steve Rodgers going back to basics isn't quite new. Twenty years ago, Steve did the same thing in Marvel Knights. However, it's good to see. I liked that jog around Manhattan where he met different people.

What sold me on the issue was Carmen Carnero's art. This was excellent work. It was detailed and clean, but there were great expressions as well. Can't extol more about her work.

Looking forward to the Century Game and future developments.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Fun Fact: Steve doesn't like to have tattoos on his body while Chris Evans in real life has several tattoos on his body.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Fun Fact: Steve doesn't like to have tattoos on his body while Chris Evans in real life has several tattoos on his body.
    I was wondering about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I definitely dug the new issue. It got a tad confusing for me towards the end with the new Destroyer. Or the people Steve was talking with on the radio. Or the 4th of July parade. (Eh, it's cool and very nice. But for me, that's more of a Thanksgiving Day type of thing. People would usually watch the fireworks at the East River. But that's a tiny thing. I digress). Also, this idea of Steve Rodgers going back to basics isn't quite new. Twenty years ago, Steve did the same thing in Marvel Knights. However, it's good to see. I liked that jog around Manhattan where he met different people.

What sold me on the issue was Carmen Carnero's art. This was excellent work. It was detailed and clean, but there were great expressions as well. Can't extol more about her work.

Looking forward to the Century Game and future developments.
    I agree. I like the way they're bringing more of Steve's past connections to light. While not many WWII vets are still alive, not all of Steve's friends should be dead.

I'm also glad to see that they're letting Steve build a life outside of Cap. They haven't focused on this in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I agree. I like the way they're bringing more of Steve's past connections to light. While not many WWII vets are still alive, not all of Steve's friends should be dead.

I'm also glad to see that they're letting Steve build a life outside of Cap. They haven't focused on this in a long time.
    Or for like, 90% of the Marvel Universe at this point.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Exactly. The less superheroes seem to have lives outside of being superheroes, the less connected and able to empathize with ordinary people they seem to be as well, which does have dangerous ramifications in terms of public trust in superheroes, as shown in past stories.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exactly. The less superheroes seem to have lives outside of being superheroes, the less connected and able to empathize with ordinary people they seem to be as well, which does have dangerous ramifications in terms of public trust in superheroes, as shown in past stories.
    Yeah, I think writers forget that readers want to see more of the heroes lives outside of just wearing the costume.

It helps build more interest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I think writers forget that readers want to see more of the heroes lives outside of just wearing the costume.

It helps build more interest.
    Indeed, it's a lot easier to care about them as people and characters if you see them more than just a costume and power-set.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Dennis will be back in this year's MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE one-shot, so maybe that story will clear it up one way or the other.
    And I guess we got the 'Is Dennis a vampire or not?' answer. Looks to be 'no' considering he is in a room with a lot of windows that get broken and he is not bursting into flames.

I still feel they need to re-invent him and show him some love.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And I guess we got the 'Is Dennis a vampire or not?' answer. Looks to be 'no' considering he is in a room with a lot of windows that get broken and he is not bursting into flames.

I still feel they need to re-invent him and show him some love.
    I am relieved that they apparently did not follow through on the vampire idea -- Marvel has enough vampire heroes already. If they just say that his power loss was temporary and have him regain his super-strength, that would be just fine...although he's been holding his own without powers pretty well in RAVENCROFT, the LOCKJAW mini, and now this short story.

Jubilee was a vampire for too long...

Jubilee was a vampire for too long...
    I saw the begining, however, I never stuck around to see the end.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I am relieved that they apparently did not follow through on the vampire idea -- Marvel has enough vampire heroes already. If they just say that his power loss was temporary and have him regain his super-strength, that would be just fine...although he's been holding his own without powers pretty well in RAVENCROFT, the LOCKJAW mini, and now this short story.
    He needs a complete reboot. Give him super strength to a level he can hold his own with characters like the Thing and Colossus. And after that he needs to get involved in the super hero fight club that She Hulk and Titania got going on so he can get some payback on Titania for throwing him off a cliff.