Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT221074

Captain America Sentinel of Liberty Preview, Emma fans may want to check this one out.
    Not exactly thrilled about him calling Emma...and her little bit of spitefulness with the whole "mommy" thing is just annoying.

I would have used Quire. I loved the way the A+X issue with them ended and they looked like they had some level of mutual respect. I would have built on that.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-next-c...black-panther/

What are your thoughts on the possibility of a third Civil War?
    They've done this event twice and that three times too many already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not exactly thrilled about him calling Emma...and her little bit of spitefulness with the whole "mommy" thing is just annoying.

I would have used Quire. I loved the way the A+X issue with them ended and they looked like they had some level of mutual respect. I would have built on that.
    Isn't Quire permanently dead...?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who knows anymore. But it seems they are pushing Emma pretty hard these days with her X-Books stuff and now in Cap and Iron Man.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Or maybe he is in the White Hot Room because he was a Phoenix Host before!?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

I wish he had called Jean Grey not just because I find her more palatable but I actually enjoy their team-ups. Like when she was a fugitive framed for the murder of Britains prime minister during X-Men Red. I will never understand Marvels obsession with Emma Frost or how every character exist to tee up her next attempt at wit. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I wish he had called Jean Grey not just because I find her more palatable but I actually enjoy their team-ups. Like when she was a fugitive framed for the murder of Britains prime minister during X-Men Red. I will never understand Marvels obsession with Emma Frost or how every character exist to tee up her next attempt at wit. Blah.
    I know, right?! My favorite Cap/Phoenix team-up came from the '80s (XD)

Fantastic Member

Emma's my favorite X-Men character, so this issue feels made for me, specifically. I'm excited by her inclusion. That being said, historically, it makes more sense that Steve would call Jean since they had a better relationship.

Still hyped tho. Also looking forward to maybe a panel with Sharon and Emma in it, and Carnero flexing her art skills and highlighting that despite being blonde women who wear white they look different.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Emma's my favorite X-Men character, so this issue feels made for me, specifically. I'm excited by her inclusion. That being said, historically, it makes more sense that Steve would call Jean since they had a better relationship.

Still hyped tho. Also looking forward to maybe a panel with Sharon and Emma in it, and Carnero flexing her art skills and highlighting that despite being blonde women who wear white they look different.
    That last part would definitely be cool, at least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That last part would definitely be cool, at least.
    In the past I've joked that I wanted a comic mini that features Sharon, Emma, Dagger, and Future Foundation Sue Storm on a mission to make an artist flex their skills and not just differentiate the women by costume.

Anyway, a big hope for this issue is that they don't fall into gross cattiness or whatever between Sharon and Emma. Let them girlboss. With Sharon encouraging Steve to reach out to Emma, she seems pretty secure in their dynamic. But even Brubaker occasionally fell into that put.

In the past I've joked that I wanted a comic mini that features Sharon, Emma, Dagger, and Future Foundation Sue Storm on a mission to make an artist flex their skills and not just differentiate the women by costume.

Anyway, a big hope for this issue is that they don't fall into gross cattiness or whatever between Sharon and Emma. Let them girlboss. With Sharon encouraging Steve to reach out to Emma, she seems pretty secure in their dynamic. But even Brubaker occasionally fell into that put.
    I feel like "let them girlboss" implies some cattiness although I guess it depends how you view that .

I remember some tension when Diamondback showed up in Brubaker's run. I wonder what's up with Rachel lately after Spencer screwed her up.

Fantastic Member

I feel like "let them girlboss" implies some cattiness although I guess it depends how you view that .

I remember some tension when Diamondback showed up in Brubaker's run. I wonder what's up with Rachel lately after Spencer screwed her up.
    They can be catty at the villains together but not each other and not over a man.

I often joke that Brubaker's run is a very well-done professional fanfic for a variety of reasons, but he fell into the trap of trashing Steve's exes that weren't Sharon. Bernie was okay, but Diamondback got rough treatment and the man killed Peggy + made her an anti-mutant bigot who only loved the shield in the House of M tie-in. Don't get me wrong, I ate that **** up as a teen girl. (The drama!) As an adult I look back at it with some side eye.

They can be catty at the villains together but not each other and not over a man.

I often joke that Brubaker's run is a very well-done professional fanfic for a variety of reasons, but he fell into the trap of trashing Steve's exes that weren't Sharon. Bernie was okay, but Diamondback got rough treatment and the man killed Peggy + made her an anti-mutant bigot who only loved the shield in the House of M tie-in. Don't get me wrong, I ate that **** up as a teen girl. (The drama!) As an adult I look back at it with some side eye.
    Was it that bad with Rachel? Like she showed up, was an agent of SHIELD, and there was some temptation, but it wasn't like her betraying Steve for the Serpent Society like she did with Sam.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You joke, but that would be a spectacular way to test an artist's skills.
    The spider is always on the hunt.