Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she'll eventually phase out like the whole Daughters of Liberty thing has.
    Was that another thing from the Coates run?

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    She's apparently on a big mission. I can't find the quote, but one of the writers mentioned that when she returns, she's coming in like a wrecking ball. Which means she and Steve are going to have some really interesting reunion boning with naked swinging...or she has big information.

My crack!theory is that she found some intel about Ian's whereabouts and is going to find her son. (And maybe not telling Steve until she is sure as to not get hopes up?) Ian silhouette is on the promotional material for next year's Cold War event.
    Ah yes that would be awesome ! I can't wait to see Ian again !

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Why is Peggy Carter back?

Like what does she add here?
    That was Coates trying to have his own 'Winter Soldier' moment.

It didn't have the same impact.

I wonder if she'll eventually phase out like the whole Daughters of Liberty thing has.
    Probably not. They'll find a reason to keep her around, even if they have to make her the head of a new SHIELD.

Was that another thing from the Coates run?
    Yeah. It was a team of all female heroes, secretly led by Dryad/Peggy. At first it looked like Sharon was the leader, she's the one who did a lot of the recruitment.

Roster: Aja-Adanna, Black Widow, The Dryad, Echo, Gladiatrix, Agatha Harkness, Invisible Woman, Iron Patriot, Misty Knight, Mockingbird, Sharon Carter, Spider-Woman, White Tiger, unidentified other members (we never saw the complete team).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Daugh...ty_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That was Coates trying to have his own 'Winter Soldier' moment.

It didn't have the same impact.
    Agree. Peggy 'the Dryad' Carter. -_-
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. It was a team of all female heroes, secretly led by Dryad/Peggy. At first it looked like Sharon was the leader, she's the one who did a lot of the recruitment.

Roster: Aja-Adanna, Black Widow, The Dryad, Echo, Gladiatrix, Agatha Harkness, Invisible Woman, Iron Patriot, Misty Knight, Mockingbird, Sharon Carter, Spider-Woman, White Tiger, unidentified other members (we never saw the complete team).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Daugh...ty_(Earth-616)
    I like the concept...but alot of them just seemed kind of random like 'let's take a bunch of female characters and throw them together in this secret team.'

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I like the concept...but alot of them just seemed kind of random like 'let's take a bunch of female characters and throw them together in this secret team.'
    Yeah there has to be some kind of unifying theme or element with a team to make it work, it can't just be a grab bag of random-ass members. Like if you look at Birds of Prey, a mostly female team thats held together by the close dynamics of its members like Barbara and Black Canary's close personal friendship that borders on outright romantic.

Also finally read the new issue.

I cringed seeing Bucky get his ass kicked by Peggy but I loved the Steve parts cause Steve is the MAN. Even with how derivative the whole secret society plotline is, Steve himself is a total badass and his voice in the book is great.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah there has to be some kind of unifying theme or element with a team to make it work, it can't just be a grab bag of random-ass members. Like if you look at Birds of Prey, a mostly female team thats held together by the close dynamics of its members like Barbara and Black Canary's close personal friendship that borders on outright romantic.
    And some of them make no sense. Like what is Shuri doing there>

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And not all of them seemed particularly patriotic...like wasn't Jessica Drew there? She's not even American, as far as I remember .

Indeed. I know it's not the same thing, but it reminded me of the Claremont version from Wolverine #125 for a split second...

And not all of them seemed particularly patriotic...like wasn't Jessica Drew there? She's not even American, as far as I remember .
    Correct, she's British. Place of Birth is London.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jessica_Drew_(Earth-616)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I hope not.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I hope not.
    So you enjoy current comic Peggy?