Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Sentinel of Liberty #1 preview
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/10/ma...-of-liberty-1/

Happy 104th birthday, Steve. But shouldn't he only be 100? Isn't his date of birth 4th July 1922?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sentinel of Liberty #1 preview
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/10/ma...-of-liberty-1/

Happy 104th birthday, Steve. But shouldn't he only be 100? Isn't his date of birth 4th July 1922?
    Someone dressed as The Destroyer I guess...but not too good of a shot of him.

The Adventures of Captain America has it at 1917...maybe they are basing of that?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-10-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Someone dressed as The Destroyer I guess...but not too good of a shot of him.

The Adventures of Captain America has it at 1917...maybe they are basing of that?
    Yeah! I remember The Adventures of Captain America (1991). Wonderful reading experience & highly recommended.

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-10-2022 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Nope. That would make him 105, not 104, as next week's issue is set on 4th July, his birthday. You're looking for something that places his birth in 1918.

In fact, the wiki page for the first issue of Adventures mentions that the 1917 date contradicts a later mention of a 1922 birth date.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adven...merica_Vol_1_1
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-11-2022 at 03:52 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah! I remember The Adventures of Captain America (1991). Wonderful reading experience & highly recommended.

That looks like MCU Peggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That looks like MCU Peggy.
    I know, right?! Such a wonderful artist (LOL):

WHY does that look like MCU Peggy, when it was published 20 years before she appeared on screen? Wasn't she usually blonde until they changed her appearance a few years ago to match Hayley Atwell?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I liked so much that Prestige Format mini-series. Too bad McGuire fell behind and couldn't finish the series. He was on fire on the first couple of issues.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    WHY does that look like MCU Peggy, when it was published 20 years before she appeared on screen? Wasn't she usually blonde until they changed her appearance a few years ago to match Hayley Atwell?
    Its not Peggy. Its Cynthia Glass. Its just a fun coincidence that the MCU Peggy ended up looking so much like the character who filled a similar role in this story.

Fantastic Member

Apparently someone cracked the code on the Captain America #4 cover. Major points:

• The Son of Rogers will begin the Cold War
    • The board is set for the new revolution.
    • The power runs through Latveria.
    • Betrayal is coming to the house of Carter.
    • Mental organism designed only for control.

The Latveria thing is interesting. I think I remember reading that Sam might be getting involved there, and I'm sure the two Cap books will cross over at some point.

"Son of Rogers" could refer to Ian. Which I'm hoping since I am not down with Secret Kid storylines.

"Betrayal to House of Carter" likely doesn't bode well for Peggy or Sharon. The writers mentioned Sharon is spending the first 6 issues on her own mission, and will be absent, so I wonder if it has to do with that?

Bluebird

Sentinel of Liberty #1 is out today and I must say… I really loved this first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Apparently someone cracked the code on the Captain America #4 cover. Major points:

• The Son of Rogers will begin the Cold War
    • The board is set for the new revolution.
    • The power runs through Latveria.
    • Betrayal is coming to the house of Carter.
    • Mental organism designed only for control.

The Latveria thing is interesting. I think I remember reading that Sam might be getting involved there, and I'm sure the two Cap books will cross over at some point.

"Son of Rogers" could refer to Ian. Which I'm hoping since I am not down with Secret Kid storylines.

"Betrayal to House of Carter" likely doesn't bode well for Peggy or Sharon. The writers mentioned Sharon is spending the first 6 issues on her own mission, and will be absent, so I wonder if it has to do with that?
    I wish they had kept Peggy dead...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Huh. Interesting. I like Sharon well enough, but I'll be honest, her character's never left a particular impression on me.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I absolutely loved this first issue! It was such a great look at Steve himself and building up a new community of new allies/enemies while also giving us some great Captain America action. I'm also super excited to see how this mystery plays out and Bucky's story. There's another code to crack in this issue, I won't spoil it here but for those of you who are doing it, just know it's there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Huh. Interesting. I like Sharon well enough, but I'll be honest, her character's never left a particular impression on me.
    I like Sharon a lot, but part of why she's made an impression on me is that Ed Brubaker's run was going on when I first started reading comics. Being a teenage girl at the time, I loved her kick ass attitude, how she stood up to Steve, and the overall drama and romance of that period.