Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, to me the hero identity and the character themselves are too intertwined. I don't think we need people using the same title in the same book together.
    To me, Steve makes Captain America. Captain America does not make Steve. And I think it speaks to the strength of his character and how's he's been written over the years that despite others using his name, it really doesn't take anything away from him. That said, I take these new characters for who they are. The fact that they also call themselves Captain America is also incidental to me. To me, they're just supporting characters to Steve. We all know Steve is the fer real Cap. The fact that these other good hearted people also call themselves that almost doesn't matter. It's not like they're really trying to upsurp him or anything (and I don't think that Marvel has any sort of intent to do that, either). If anything, it proves how much Steve as Cap inspires people. And I see that as a good thing, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Lanzing and Kelly seemed totally jacked for this opportunity. Seem like fun nerdy guys. Carnero is a national treasure. I’m gonna let this run just wash over me and enjoy.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To me, Steve makes Captain America. Captain America does not make Steve. And I think it speaks to the strength of his character and how's he's been written over the years that despite others using his name, it really doesn't take anything away from him. That said, I take these new characters for who they are. The fact that they also call themselves Captain America is also incidental to me. To me, they're just supporting characters to Steve. We all know Steve is the fer real Cap. The fact that these other good hearted people also call themselves that almost doesn't matter. It's not like they're really trying to upsurp him or anything (and I don't think that Marvel has any sort of intent to do that, either). If anything, it proves how much Steve as Cap inspires people. And I see that as a good thing, personally.
    I get that, to me he makes the identity his as well, but that's what makes Captain America important to Steve as well.

I don't even have a problem with these characters on principle or for what they represent, I would just rather have one Cap in one series .

Agree

Enjoyed Commander Rogers, even as Buck took the shield. Brubaker made it clear Rogers and Cap inseparable.

Clearly delineated in Steve’s hospital chat with Burnside.

Always miss Sam as Falcon, but always up for new story lines too. Well except for grumpy old Steve.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Marvel First Look: Captain America #0: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/03/18/ma...ain-america-0/

Mattia De Iulis' art is beautiful. This issue #0 & the Lanzing/Kelly Cap series look promising, I'm pretty excited
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Agree

Enjoyed Commander Rogers, even as Buck took the shield. Brubaker made it clear Rogers and Cap inseparable.

Clearly delineated in Steve’s hospital chat with Burnside.

Always miss Sam as Falcon, but always up for new story lines too. Well except for grumpy old Steve.
    I honestly haven't read much Cap outside of Waid, Brubaker, Coates, and Rieber as well as Bendis in Avengers. Are we talking about Mark Millar's version that he wrote in the original Civil War? Because if so...yeah. I agree completely.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wish this site had a like button
    This forum seriously needs some technical updating. It's been left alone for so long it still uses the old CBR logo instead of the current one! It uses vBulletin 4.2.5, the latest version is 5.6.7.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I honestly haven't read much Cap outside of Waid, Brubaker, Coates, and Rieber as well as Bendis in Avengers. Are we talking about Mark Millar's version that he wrote in the original Civil War? Because if so...yeah. I agree completely.
    Check out issue 19, Brubaker’s swan song. Steve’s chat with William Burnside. So many had taken up his legacy and led to tragedy. Steve wouldn’t let it happen again.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Check out issue 19, Brubaker’s swan song. Steve’s chat with William Burnside. So many had taken up his legacy and led to tragedy. Steve wouldn’t let it happen again.
    That was a pretty sad story. I'd also say William Burnside is far from forgotten, at least as recently as Curse of the Man-Thing where Steve gets trapped in some kind of mirage or illusion by the Harrower sending Man-Thing on a rampage, and he sees manifestations of his would-be successors that went very wrong, Burnside among them. If I'm remembering right, it might have been a manifestation of guilt over his mantle and legacy, something he'd hoped would inspire better from people, being turned into something that inflicted more suffering.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Indeed. Great artwork from Epting. Highly recommended!

Extraordinary Member

Love Steve referencing Spider-Man in the last Captain America/Iron Man...

CapSpidey.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

CapSpidey.jpg
    "You were tested and found wanting."Gotta love Cap.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

CapSpidey.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    "You were tested and found wanting."Gotta love Cap.
    Cosigned. That moment, beyond reemphasizing the friendship, trust, and respect between Steve and Tony that had seemed frayed over the years by B.S. Civil Wars and such, made this miniseries for me. I mean, would Cap be helping Spider-Man over in his own series get back on his feet and back in the literal swing of things as a hero again if he didn't believe in and respect him so greatly?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Captain Avenger" isn't a half-bad Superhero name...
    A fine idea already embodied by John Ritter, in —

Preview of the upcoming Steve Rogers Captain America book.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/firs...-of-liberty-1/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark