Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, I saw that they have him listed that way--but it seems premature to me. There has yet to be anything on-panel confirming him to be a vampire. Earlier in the issue Adams offers to "turn" Dennis in order to save his life, but later after the situation was resolved he says he "healed" Dennis. The "healed" wording implies to me that they saved him without having to turn him. Dennis was also seen with the rest of the Ravencroft staff at the press conference--which suggests he was able to be out in daylight.
    See...they need to bring Dennis back to clear that up. But seriously...the press conference appears to be inside (to me at least) so he would not be out in daylight. I am not making a statement one way or the other...just looking at what is presented in the comic.

It doesn't help us fans that want to see those characters, but I would presume that Steve does make some effort to check in on them off-panel. I agree it would be nice to check in on them on-panel too, and have some of them guest star or even return to the supporting cast (like Dennis did for the SAM WILSON: CAP run).
    The reason 'too busy saving the world every other week' is reasonable in universe...but just seems like (to me) a cop out in the real world looking in. As far as Dennis...whatever his status (vampire, powerless, etc...) I would like to see him get put on a strength level putting him up in the 85-90 ton range.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-18-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Probably won't happen...bu I wish this new series would touch base with some of Cap's old supporting cast to give us a bit of the 'where are they now'. Folks like Bernie Rosenthal, Ram Ridley, Priscilla Lyons, etc...
    That would be nice .
    Indeed. Big fan of the Riddleys. Would LOVE to know how the kid is holding up after the tragedy that happened.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-18-2022 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Astonishing Member

See...they need to bring Dennis back to clear that up.
    Dennis will be back in this year's MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE one-shot, so maybe that story will clear it up one way or the other.

Extraordinary Member

Dennis will be back in this year's MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE one-shot, so maybe that story will clear it up one way or the other.
    Side stories like that annoy me. Many times the writer does not have any real knowledge of the characters and just tries to tell their story. Like what was done with Porcupine in the Lucky the Dog comic that came out recently. The writer took a guy who had some solid development in previous Spider-Woman runs and was becoming a good guy...and had him attack a pizza delivery guy and steal pizza from him.

And honestly...this does not fill me with confidence that Dennis is going to be taken seriously in the story.
    Comedy writer Grace Freud (Rick and Morty, the Eric Andre Show) brings her talents to Marvel with a story about the power of responsibility featuring the Marvel Universe’s favorite gay ginger, D-Man! She’s joined by Eisner-nominated artist Scott B. Henderson in his first work for Marvel!
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-19-2022 at 07:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This issue 0 was kind of disappointing to me. No real depth to the story just 'hey we're both Cap!'. No info on Sam's shield, where it came from, what it's nade of, etc...

I'd assume it's vibranium? I wouldn't be a big ask for Sam to get T'Challa to have another shield made, as long as it happened before the events of the current BP run (which it could've - it only has to have happened after the United States of CA mini, since that's when Sam became Cap again).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This issue 0 was kind of disappointing to me. No real depth to the story just 'hey we're both Cap!'. No info on Sam's shield, where it came from, what it's nade of, etc...
    It was a good story. Zola's critical analysis of both Captain Americas was intriguing and both answered in their own way. The art was dynamic, but some parts could have had more detail. Also, I was getting this vibe a lot throughout the whole issue:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd assume it's vibranium? I wouldn't be a big ask for Sam to get T'Challa to have another shield made, as long as it happened before the events of the current BP run (which it could've - it only has to have happened after the United States of CA mini, since that's when Sam became Cap again).
    Well...in USoCA...Sam did say he had a spare shield.

I think my biggest criticism of United States of Captain America (that's not nitpicky) is all these characters going around and flinging shields with virtually no training or combat experience.

Extraordinary Member

I think my biggest criticism of United States of Captain America (that's not nitpicky) is all these characters going around and flinging shields with virtually no training or combat experience.
    Maybe shields in 616 are like lightsabers in the real world. There are clubs that teach people how to do it.

On top of your criticism I will add to it that I want to know how much physical and hand to hand training these people had.

Maybe shields in 616 are like lightsabers in the real world. There are clubs that teach people how to do it.

On top of your criticism I will add to it that I want to know how much physical and hand to hand training these people had.
    Well, maybe a self-defense class here or there...

Extraordinary Member

Well...they'll be fine then right?

Extraordinary Member

To keep things in perspective, according to MCU logic, while he did have the SSS, Rogers somehow did manage to apprehend a HYDRA spy then singlehandedly save an entire army regiment with minimal training.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To keep things in perspective, according to MCU logic, while he did have the SSS, Rogers somehow did manage to apprehend a HYDRA spy then singlehandedly save an entire army regiment with minimal training.
    Fair point there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

...or maybe they just brought in The Taskmaster to show 'em the basics (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-23-2022 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.