Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I saw the begining, however, I never stuck around to see the end.

Peace
    Final issues of Generation X by Christina Strain, if you care to check them out. That was the end of Jubilee as a vampire, with Quentin Quire sacrificing his fragment of the Phoenix Force that he'd been carrying to restore Jubilee to her former, non-vampiric self after she was about to die of sunlight exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He needs a complete reboot. Give him super strength to a level he can hold his own with characters like the Thing and Colossus. And after that he needs to get involved in the super hero fight club that She Hulk and Titania got going on so he can get some payback on Titania for throwing him off a cliff.
    That would be cool. Hell, a superhero fight club to work off some steam would be a lot better and healthier in the long run than just having massive superhero-on-superhero brawls in the streets where ordinary people live and work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be cool. Hell, a superhero fight club to work off some steam would be a lot better and healthier in the long run than just having massive superhero-on-superhero brawls in the streets where ordinary people live and work.
    Have you been reading the current She Hulk? It opens with Titania starting a fight with Jen who during the fight turns it around on her and making an agreement that if they need to burn off some stress they can get together and fight in a safe place. Per the previews of the nest issue it looks like they go at it and then someone else shows up...Ben Grimm maybe since he is on the cover.

LOL! Didn't Marvel try that already & everyone hated it (I know most of the hate came from fans of the OG T-Bolts, though):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-28-2022 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Final issues of Generation X by Christina Strain, if you care to check them out. That was the end of Jubilee as a vampire, with Quentin Quire sacrificing his fragment of the Phoenix Force that he'd been carrying to restore Jubilee to her former, non-vampiric self after she was about to die of sunlight exposure.
    Thanks, but ever since Schism, I really lost interest in the X-Men. I much prefered them as a team (or a variety of teams) then as a race or a nation. After so many years, I don't think I can return to that world. Things changed too much, and, at least IMHO, not in a good way.

Peace

Have you been reading the current She Hulk? It opens with Titania starting a fight with Jen who during the fight turns it around on her and making an agreement that if they need to burn off some stress they can get together and fight in a safe place. Per the previews of the nest issue it looks like they go at it and then someone else shows up...Ben Grimm maybe since he is on the cover.
    Sounds good to me. That issue's out now, if I recall right.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Didn't Marvel try that already & everyone hated it (I know most of the hate came from fans of the OG T-Bolts, though):

I think they would have liked it better if it wasn't attached to the Thunderbolts name. On its own, it could have been a pretty good premise.

Thanks, but ever since Schism, I really lost interest in the X-Men. I much prefered them as a team (or a variety of teams) then as a race or a nation. After so many years, I don't think I can return to that world. Things changed too much, and, at least IMHO, not in a good way.

Peace
    You're welcome, and I can respect that.

Extraordinary Member

Sounds good to me. That issue's out now, if I recall right.
    New issue just came out.

New issue just came out.
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

I think they would have liked it better if it wasn't attached to the Thunderbolts name. On its own, it could have been a pretty good premise.
    My thoughts exactly. Glad to know we're on the same page, since I really thought it had so much potential (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-30-2022 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

My thoughts exactly. Glad to know we're on the same page, since I really thought it had so much potential (IMHO)
    ^^^This is the second time I’ve kinda sorta seen this subject today. Earlier it was a thread on Sony’s upcoming Kraven movie completely changing the core of the character, but keeping the name. This Thunderbolts reboot wasn’t awful or anything but it sure as wasn’t The Thunderbolts.
    Sometimes trying to keep that name recognition just bites you in the butt.

Oh yeah, almost forgot I came in here to ask a question!

Has Captain America ever gone back and visited the Inuit tribe that had worshipped his frozen body before Namor came along and chucked him into the ocean?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^This is the second time I’ve kinda sorta seen this subject today. Earlier it was a thread on Sony’s upcoming Kraven movie completely changing the core of the character, but keeping the name. This Thunderbolts reboot wasn’t awful or anything but it sure as wasn’t The Thunderbolts.
    Sometimes trying to keep that name recognition just bites you in the butt.
    I think the worst of it that that it came in the wings of such a high note in the Thunderbolts series, when the team had been split in two for quite a while and was finnally reuniting, with Hawkeye leaving and Zemo once more becoming the team's leader, with the future open and uncertain, and then you go and write off all the characters and plot threads in the series, and just the name fremains with a completly different cast and concept. Many (myself included), saw that as a perfect jumping off point. IMHO, not just a bad creative direction, but a bad business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Oh yeah, almost forgot I came in here to ask a question!

Has Captain America ever gone back and visited the Inuit tribe that had worshipped his frozen body before Namor came along and chucked him into the ocean?
    I want to say yes, but I honestly can't recall where this happened. Maybe someone else can.

Peace

I saw the begining, however, I never stuck around to see the end.

Peace
    Generation X from the ResurrXion era is the book you need to read to see how it happened... heck, I'll just tell you. Quentin Quire had obtained a Phoenix shard. When Jubilee's vampirism was about to get her killed (she'd been thrown out a window during a fight, and lost her protective charm), he used it selflessly (which is out of character for him, and thus showed how much he'd matured) to not only cure Jubilee of her vampirism, but also reactivate her X-gene which had been lost on M-Day. Thus, returning her back to her original powers... just in time for the book to be cancelled.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice this entire page of the thread!

That Thunderbolts series should definitely have been a new #1 with a different name. Marvel soon ended up cancelling that and launching New Thunderbolts, which was back to the previous concept and cast.

She does say "Ben?" on the preview pages. We just didn't see him, he appears on the first new page after the preview.

Those covers look like some stupid lads mag.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-01-2022 at 08:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Generation X from the ResurrXion era is the book you need to read to see how it happened... heck, I'll just tell you. Quentin Quire had obtained a Phoenix shard. When Jubilee's vampirism was about to get her killed (she'd been thrown out a window during a fight, and lost her protective charm), he used it selflessly (which is out of character for him, and thus showed how much he'd matured) to not only cure Jubilee of her vampirism, but also reactivate her X-gene which had been lost on M-Day. Thus, returning her back to her original powers... just in time for the book to be cancelled.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice this entire page of the thread!
    Thanks, anyway.

Peace

I think the worst of it that that it came in the wings of such a high note in the Thunderbolts series, when the team had been split in two for quite a while and was finnally reuniting, with Hawkeye leaving and Zemo once more becoming the team's leader, with the future open and uncertain, and then you go and write off all the characters and plot threads in the series, and just the name fremains with a completly different cast and concept. Many (myself included), saw that as a perfect jumping off point. IMHO, not just a bad creative direction, but a bad business decision.
    I know, right?! Thankfully, the Zemo/T-Bolts story continued in Avengers/Thunderbolts (2004).
    I don't know about the reception among fandom, but I thought it was quite enjoyable.

I want to say yes, but I honestly can't recall where this happened. Maybe someone else can.

Peace
    Same here. I know it's not the same thing, but the best I could find was Captain America #384
    (where Cap was investigating the possible return of D-Man, and met some Eskimos):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2022 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Peace
    Same here. I know it's not the same thing, but the best I could find was Captain America #384
    (where Cap was investigating the possible return of D-Man, and met some Eskimos):
    ^^^Thanks guys!
    I can’t believe Cap didn’t remark on the similarity to his own ice situation.

Which makes me wonder, does he even know what happened to him? Namor didn’t know it was him when he chucked Cap into the ocean where The Avengers found him, so they wouldn’t have known about the Inuits either.