Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Thanks guys!
    I can’t believe Cap didn’t remark on the similarity to his own ice situation.

Which makes me wonder, does he even know what happened to him? Namor didn’t know it was him when he chucked Cap into the ocean where The Avengers found him, so they wouldn’t have known about the Inuits either.
    According to Avengers #262, Cap eventually found out shortly after being thawed-out...

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2022 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    According to Avengers #262, Cap eventually found out shortly after being thawed-out...

^^^So very awesome, ty!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Thankfully, the Zemo/T-Bolts story continued in Avengers/Thunderbolts (2004).
    I don't know about the reception among fandom, but I thought it was quite enjoyable.
    I really enjoyed that mini too. Since it led to the T-Bolts getting their own book again with NEW THUNDERBOLTS, I'd say the reception was probably pretty good.

As for the "Fight-Bolts" run, I agree with those who've said it was a bad decision to have that be part of the THUNDERBOLTS book. It was a completely separate concept, completely separate cast of characters (aside from Man-Killer appearing in a couple of issues) and a completely different creative team. It should have been its own separate project--it might have done better that way.

By making it be THUNDERBOLTS, it alienated most of the existing T-Bolts fans who were angry that the existing cast and storyline were being dumped and replaced. And by making it THUNDERBOLTS #76 it was less obviously accessible to non-T-Bolts readers who may have been interested in this new concept. I assume Marvel was hoping that making use of the popularity of the Thunderbolts brand would help give the new creative team a boost--but if that was the plan it backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exactly. The less superheroes seem to have lives outside of being superheroes, the less connected and able to empathize with ordinary people they seem to be as well, which does have dangerous ramifications in terms of public trust in superheroes, as shown in past stories.
    I was pleasantly surprised by this new creative team and their choices. And like you say, lives of people outside SH’s is getting rare, and this is what mostly attracted me to the writing and the subject. Revisiting his mothers home felt like Steve Rogers was relaxed. He immersed himself in his history, his hidden friends on the radio group, and, looking into a mystery that the villain must have set up, because at the end the mystery guy says he’s got Captain America in the game. (Anytime it is mentioned that it’s a game, I get this Mephisto feeling).

I loved that the story revisited his roots in Steve searching out his old home. I loved the part where Steve Rogers gives the shield to the people of New York to play with. How he realises that Captain America is the people of America too, (showing in montage, the recent Captain Americas all around America, doing what Steve does - it makes me think, if Cap was really killed, this is what would happen in the 616 with America taking up Steve’s role). And I loved that Steve was shown his love by the citizens wherever he went with the shield. That’s been missing for a long time - ever since the buildup from Heroic Age to Secret Wars, people haven’t had the time to appreciate Steve Rogers. And I loved the realisation that Steve Rogers can immerse himself in the lives of ordinary people, and find they can teach him something, in that art class section, teaching that neighbour boy being bullied, and even the way Cap behaved with that Destroyer impersonator, how nothing phases Steve.

We see all the people using cell phones on his street now, where they used to use fire hydrants to wash during the heat in the 1930’s. We see Steve being lectured for not knowing modern tech. We see Steve giving of his experience to ordinary people and villains. We see this phenomenon called Captain America, (who punched Thanos in the face, and commanded the alien fleet in Infinity by Hickman), walk among the ordinary folk, and feel the times he’s living in. So thanks to the writers, or the editors, whoever came up with this version of a Cap story. It’s like I’ve been missing Cap for so long, and now someone is showing his true nature. It’s been very refreshing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by this new creative team and their choices. And like you say, lives of people outside SH’s is getting rare, and this is what mostly attracted me to the writing and the subject. Revisiting his mothers home felt like Steve Rogers was relaxed. He immersed himself in his history, his hidden friends on the radio group, and, looking into a mystery that the villain must have set up, because at the end the mystery guy says he’s got Captain America in the game. (Anytime it is mentioned that it’s a game, I get this Mephisto feeling).

I loved that the story revisited his roots in Steve searching out his old home. I loved the part where Steve Rogers gives the shield to the people of New York to play with. How he realises that Captain America is the people of America too, (showing in montage, the recent Captain Americas all around America, doing what Steve does - it makes me think, if Cap was really killed, this is what would happen in the 616 with America taking up Steve’s role). And I loved that Steve was shown his love by the citizens wherever he went with the shield. That’s been missing for a long time - ever since the buildup from Heroic Age to Secret Wars, people haven’t had the time to appreciate Steve Rogers. And I loved the realisation that Steve Rogers can immerse himself in the lives of ordinary people, and find they can teach him something, in that art class section, teaching that neighbour boy being bullied, and even the way Cap behaved with that Destroyer impersonator, how nothing phases Steve.

We see all the people using cell phones on his street now, where they used to use fire hydrants to wash during the heat in the 1930’s. We see Steve being lectured for not knowing modern tech. We see Steve giving of his experience to ordinary people and villains. We see this phenomenon called Captain America, (who punched Thanos in the face, and commanded the alien fleet in Infinity by Hickman), walk among the ordinary folk, and feel the times he’s living in. So thanks to the writers, or the editors, whoever came up with this version of a Cap story. It’s like I’ve been missing Cap for so long, and now someone is showing his true nature. It’s been very refreshing.
    That's a beautiful way of summing it up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

When your Shatner Sense begins to tingle… Art by Steve Rude! Captain America: What Price Glory? #2

Last edited by Trevacious; 07-05-2022 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevacious View Post
    When your Shatner Sense begins to tingle… Art by Steve Rude! Captain America: What Price Glory? #2

Steve Rude is awsome.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Trevacious View Post

Probably Steve's worst night mare...

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Steve Rude is awsome.

Peace
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more. Highly Recommended (IMHO):

While I love Steve "The Dude" Rude, I can't say the same for Bruce Jones (the writer), so I thoiught I'd trade-wait this (at the time, I was still a long way from exclusively trade-reading, as I am now). It never did come out on trade, right? A shame.

Peace

Fantastic Member

I liked this new issue, although I love the scenes of Steve interacting with everyone else way, way more than him in action.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I liked this new issue, although I love the scenes of Steve interacting with everyone else way, way more than him in action.
    I enjoyed them both bro. Steve fighting against those soldiers towards the end of the issue was pure Captain America storytelling. It's always fun to see the super-soldier take on other elite soldiers. Steve recognizing the fighting styles and symbols of each of the adversaries was cool. The match up between him and this stronger soldier for next issue looks to be very exciting.

However, the interactions with the people enhanced the story as well. His interaction with the young boy in the boxing gym, his radio crew, and his art school classmates were all done well. Again I give props to Carmen for giving detail and personality in her scenes. Plus it was pretty dope to see Bucky in a main bun .

All of these scenes point to something we rarely get to see concerning Steve: his detective skills. Part of me thought I was reading a Batman book as I saw Steve gather clues and make connections. There is an air of mystery with the Century Game, it players, and its ultimate goal.

Really like this title so far. Looking forward to next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Oh dear. Captain America was shot out of a cannon and missed the net. It was actually a circus acrobat, and he's now in hospital.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62054488
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    While I love Steve "The Dude" Rude, I can't say the same for Bruce Jones (the writer), so I thoiught I'd trade-wait this (at the time, I was still a long way from exclusively trade-reading, as I am now). It never did come out on trade, right? A shame.

Peace
    You know, I've heard that said about this particular writer several times now.
    This fellow must've done some underhanded things towards fandom to be so disliked in such a way.

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone else read Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty #3. Again, what a fantastic read. The action is always on point. Seeing the fight Cap had with those robots really stood out to me. It continues that trend that I like a lot in Captain America, that of Cap's validation against the new. Indeed, regardless of how advanced or strange the enemy is, Cap proves that his "old" super-soldier serum and skills can easily match these foes. Cap showed tremendous creativity when beating these robots. Wow, who knew Cap listen that well or utilize electricity in that manner.

What got to me the most, however, was this theme of symbols. We get to learn more about the origins of Cap's shield and what it really means. The question is what will Captain America do about it? Has his symbol been tainted? Can it be redeemed? Can Captain America still preserve it's pure characteristics? This tension intrigues me because symbols are at the core of Captain America.

I rushed through the subplot between Bucky and Sharon. Definitely need to reread that again.

Otherwise, this is shaping up to be a memorable storyline. Seriously, I considered this might be up there with Winter Soldier. We'll see how the story pans out.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."