Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

wonder if it gleason or hickman as the new cap writer now that amazing spiderman has gone to wells/ the only thing ive heard is the new writer of the big cap relaunch is a comic book guy not a hollywood/tv/other type writer also they might be going for another jluy4th tpe launch again though

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    wonder if it gleason or hickman as the new cap writer now that amazing spiderman has gone to wells/ the only thing ive heard is the new writer of the big cap relaunch is a comic book guy not a hollywood/tv/other type writer also they might be going for another jluy4th tpe launch again though
    That is some good news. I just hope that it's a good comic book guy. I wouldn't mind seeing Chip Zdarsky and Mark Chechetto take on Cap. Their Daredevil run is very good.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That is some good news. I just hope that it's a good comic book guy. I wouldn't mind seeing Chip Zdarsky and Mark Chechetto take on Cap. Their Daredevil run is very good.
    And Zdarsky has written Captain America as a central character before, like in the 2019 Invaders series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'm curious: in Devil's Reign, they need to defeat Kingpin in an election. Captain America is right there, but no one even suggests he be the one to run, instead they go with Luke Cage. Do you think Cap would have been a safer choice to run against Kingpin?
    As long as Fisk doesn't (try to) bring up Secret Empire or the original Civil War, because I could see him spinning both of those into fodder for attack ads on Steve . . . and given the general disposition of the in-universe public towards superheroes, especially these days, those ads might gain more traction than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And Zdarsky has written Captain America as a central character before, like in the 2019 Invaders series.
    Yeah, he did. I've been trying to get a complete run of that series.

Yeah, he did. I've been trying to get a complete run of that series.
    Hoping Marvel eventually releases a complete collection of that.

Hoping Marvel eventually releases a complete collection of that.
    I'll make sure to get it if they do.

How many shields did Steve carry? I want to say 5.

How many shields did Steve carry? I want to say 5.
    Triangular. Classic round one. Magnetic one (he briefly used this when he returned after being frozen, though I don't know if it's still cannon). The Captain's adamantium one. The Captain's vibranium one. Post-Heroes Return Cap's energy shield. I count six, but I might have forgotten some.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Triangular. Classic round one. Magnetic one (he briefly used this when he returned after being frozen, though I don't know if it's still cannon). The Captain's adamantium one. The Captain's vibranium one. Post-Heroes Return Cap's energy shield. I count six, but I might have forgotten some.

Peace
    Cold Plasma shield in Man Without a Country and and an energy shield that could change shape and be fired when the Classic round was shattered.

coldplasmashield.jpg

Last edited by Chris0013; 01-17-2022 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Cold Plasma shield in Man Without a Country and and an energy shield that could change shape and be fired when the Classic round was shattered.

coldplasmashield.jpg

Didn't recall the one in Man Without a Country. Just thought "energy shield". That makes seven. Any more?

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Didn't recall the one in Man Without a Country. Just thought "energy shield". That makes seven. Any more?

Peace
    Maybe 8...he gave that 2nd one I referenced to Primax in the futere...then had another energy shield as Captain Rogers.

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

coldplasmashield.jpg

Are we going to count the triangular shield carried by "Stevil"?

Extraordinary Member

Are we going to count the triangular shield carried by "Stevil"?
    Since it is Stevil...I would not.

As long as Fisk doesn't (try to) bring up Secret Empire or the original Civil War, because I could see him spinning both of those into fodder for attack ads on Steve . . . and given the general disposition of the in-universe public towards superheroes, especially these days, those ads might gain more traction than expected.
    Yeah you’re right. That’s two mistakes the could use against Steve. Great points.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark