Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Since it mentions that the wings are artificial, have we ever seen Hawkman without them? Has an enemy ever removed them?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Since it mentions that the wings are artificial, have we ever seen Hawkman without them?
    For the Silver Age (and even the Golden Age) version, the answer is "yes". Plenty of times, especially in his civilian identity.

When you get to the post-Zero Hour version(s), you start getting into the wings possibly being part of Hawkman's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Has an enemy ever removed them?
    Probably, but I can't recall any specifics for sure off-hand.

Any fans of Tony Isabella's brief ongoing and Shadow War of Hawkman?

I read it a couple of years ago and enjoyed them. Aside from Hawkman, this played a big part in endearing me to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For the Silver Age (and even the Golden Age) version, the answer is "yes". Plenty of times, especially in his civilian identity.

When you get to the post-Zero Hour version(s), you start getting into the wings possibly being part of Hawkman's body.

Probably, but I can't recall any specifics for sure off-hand.
    Thank you for the replies.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Attachment 117038

Not gonna lie; I've always preferred "Thanagarian Space Cop" Hawkman over "Reincarnated Archelogist" Hawkman.
    You and me both, Multiverse.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It is/was just so frustrating with Silver Age Hawkman because if DC had just let the Hawkworld three-issue series by Timothy Truman take place in Katar Hol's past when it was first published, they could have still worked some of Silver Age Hawkman's stories into the character rather than trying to explain the post-CoIE stuff away by pretending it happened with Golden Age Hawkman and Hawkgirl.
    I never tried Hawkworld ongoing due to that, is there some breaking point in the ongoing where it becomes obvious that this is happening in the "present" and that Silver Age versions are gone? Like, can I read some of the ognoing and pretend that everything is happening before Silver Age adventures?

Astonishing Member

It's been ages since I read the ongoing, but I recall that it is pretty clear with issue 1 that it's a reset. As much as I liked Tim Truman's Hawkworld, I don't think the ongoing was strong enough to replace the Silver Age continuity.

I was first introduced to Hawkman and Hawkgirl at the same time (in a team-up with Superman in World's Finest around 1972). For me, Hawkman as a solo is missing a crucial element of what makes the character interesting -- the equal partnership with his wife.
    Last edited by kcekada; 05-05-2022 at 05:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Any fans of Tony Isabella's brief ongoing and Shadow War of Hawkman?

I read it a couple of years ago and enjoyed them. Aside from Hawkman, this played a big part in endearing me to the characters.
    I liked it. It led to an ongoing that was just okay. I missed Alfredo Alcala's inks from the mini-series.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    You and me both, Multiverse.
    Me, three. Multiverse. The "Thanagarian Space Cop" was preferable to the Flying Wolverine.
    --jthree

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Super Powers Hawkman.

Hawkman.jpg