Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I dunno, Ambaryerno is just being realistic and trying to help. Luckily though, I don't listen to reality. I listen to my heart, and my heart says "Spam their emails with Hellion posts."

Since I'm already posting, here's a question I've been meaning to ask: if the Academy X students didn't become X-Men, what careers would you like to see them take up? Personally, I see Surge becoming a teacher. She likes kids, she could relate to troubled children, and she'd want to do better for the next generation than the X-Men did for hers.
    I could see Laura doing something like a police detective or FBI agent.

Ultimate Member

Since I'm already posting, here's a question I've been meaning to ask: if the Academy X students didn't become X-Men, what careers would you like to see them take up? Personally, I see Surge becoming a teacher. She likes kids, she could relate to troubled children, and she'd want to do better for the next generation than the X-Men did for hers.
    Based on his personality, Elixir would probably end up being some Beverly Hills plastic surgeon type, working with celebrities and the pretty rich, just because he's kind of a self-obsessed jerk at this phase of his life (before moving to Krakoa and getting all serious). He might do some off-the-books pro bono work, in the inner city, but, uncharacteristically keep that part of his life on the down-low, because A) he doesn't want to be mobbed 24/7 by needy folk and B) he wants to continue gouging his rich and pretty celebrity clients and doesn't want them to know that he gives away to the poors what he charges them beaucoup bucks for.

Wallflower seems like she might actually go into therapy, like dear old dad, but use her powers much more beneficially, to help calm people going through trauma, or use targeted aversion therapy to discourage unwanted (by the client!) behavior, like smoking or bulemia. She'd be vehemently opposed to doing this for behavior that is 'unwanted' by a third party, like parents asking her to use aversion therapy to make their kid 'not be gay' or some sketchy crap like that.

Wind Dancer seems the most likely to go into a public facing role that embraces her open use of powers, as a mutant rights advocate, or even a New Warrior or Avenger. Something where her interest in leadership could further grow, so not something specifically related to her powers like working with weather / storm damage mitigation or as a flying courier of high-value light material (like documents around the Capitol, or Wall Street). Although either could be a useful side-hustle if she goes for mutant rights advocacy!

Hellion, first mutant President. Obviously.

Last edited by Sutekh; 05-12-2022 at 05:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

Damn. This just reminded me that Wallflower's dad Sean Garrison is still out there somewhere. Now there's someone who would definitely be into taking full advantage of everything Krakoa has to offer mutants, and he could be a pretty interesting villain to (finally) develop, using his powers to try and advance himself politically on Krakoa.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Damn. This just reminded me that Wallflower's dad Sean Garrison is still out there somewhere. Now there's someone who would definitely be into taking full advantage of everything Krakoa has to offer mutants, and he could be a pretty interesting villain to (finally) develop, using his powers to try and advance himself politically on Krakoa.
    Hard to say. Garrison seemed very concerned with nobody actually knowing that he was mind-jobbing them with his powers, and might have preferred to remain 'in the closet' and pass as a normal human who is uncommonly popular with the ladies, rather than put a big warning sign up, 'my superpower is roofies! Please sue me for assault, seventy-three former patients I slept with!'

I was looking at today's X-Men Monday and saw Wind Dancer in the top pic.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/23/x-...men-unlimited/

Sofia cameo'd in an Unlimited issue? Which one was it? I didn't read the article because the phrases "Hellion" and "Wind Dancer" weren't mentioned.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Incredible Member

I was looking at today's X-Men Monday and saw Wind Dancer in the top pic.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/23/x-...men-unlimited/

Sofia cameo'd in an Unlimited issue? Which one was it? I didn't read the article because the phrases "Hellion" and "Wind Dancer" weren't mentioned.
    She was in the Dazzler Issue, she is now her manager and was trying to get her to join a dating show or somthing like that. She still needs a new outfit.

There is a lot of New X-Men cameo in today's Legion of X : Rockslide/Loa/Mercury/Dust + Pixie and Blindfold as main characters

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    There is a lot of New X-Men cameo in today's Legion of X : Rockslide/Loa/Mercury/Dust + Pixie and Blindfold as main characters
    Also the Spike from the Morrison era, but I guess those don't count as Academy X kids. Should we have a separete thread for the Morrison kids?

We got some cute cameos today. Just give us a mini MARVELLLLLLLL!!!!

This was so adorable!
    Come on, Marvel, give us a mini or at least an Unlimited series!

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    She was in the Dazzler Issue, she is now her manager and was trying to get her to join a dating show or somthing like that. She still needs a new outfit.
    Aaaaaaah, now I remember. Thanks. I never got around to reading that issue, since I just sort of fell off of Unlimited outside of Green. I should give that issue a glance once I finish the book club book.

On an unrelated note, we got more info from DeFilippis and Weir. Some brave soul asked, "Why is Hellion so perfect?"
    Back when we were working on New X-Men, we had a message board called "The Grind Stone" on the site X-Fan. One of the fans there consistently referred to Julian as "shnasty."

That person defined it as a combination of sexy and nasty. Urban dictionary these days refers to it as shitty, hot and nasty.

We think that works for Julian, except when we wrote him he didn't look like **** - not ever. He just acted like it. Once we left, he got a little more disheveled for a while, and probably better embodied the full modern version of "shnasty."

Either way, we think that's his secret. He can treat you like **** but then turn around and be a gentleman. He sometimes acts like hot garbage but looks fine doing it.

Incredible Member

Aaaaaaah, now I remember. Thanks. I never got around to reading that issue, since I just sort of fell off of Unlimited outside of Green. I should give that issue a glance once I finish the book club book.

On an unrelated note, we got more info from DeFilippis and Weir. Some brave soul asked, "Why is Hellion so perfect?"
    Maybe if Hellion had a new codename they would use him more. And Shnasty sounds like a modern codename.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Maybe if Hellion had a new codename they would use him more. And Shnasty sounds like a modern codename.
    According to another post, they actually had plans to rename him Scion. Which is a pretty cool name, I hope modern writers pick up on that.

Ultimate Member

A tiny bit of reference to what's up with Rockslide these days in Legion of X #1, and since it's mentioned twice in the issue, it could possibly be more than a total throwaway.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I actually think Legion of X is gonna be the book that finally gives us Rockslide back. This was my theory that I posted in the review thread:

I think this might be the series where we FINALLY get 'the real' Rockslide back, and its going to be due to Zsen, part of her realizing that just as the Krakoans have stuff they can learn from the Arakkii, the reverse is true as well, as there might be more point to her ability than she ever previously considered. I'm just saying, speaking of things that aren't remotely coincidental....this issue just happens to mention that Rockslide reacts most positively/animatedly to people PAINTING on him, and then Zsen self-describes her power as PAINTING with truth?

The problem with Otherworld resurrections, we were told, is that when you die in Otherworld, something about its universal nature overwrites or 'corrupts' a mutant's back-ups so that what actually gets brought back by the Five is a completely new amalgamation of other versions of that mutant from throughout the multiverse. We've wondered for some time if Wanda's spell 'fixed' that, but obviously not, or else they already would have brought back the 'true' Rockslide via restoring his original self from the Waiting Room. But whatever Zsen's power actually is....if she has some kind of ability to manifest, bring forth or 'paint over' stuff with something that's basically empirical truth.....well then, theoretically she can find or create a new template based on Rockslide's 'truth' aka what this universe's Rockslide was SUPPOSED to be like....before Otherworld corrupted his back-ups when the Five went to resurrect him. So my hunch is they're eventually going to discover that some aspect of Zsen's mutant ability, perhaps when plugged into the Five's circuit in the case of Otherworld resurrections, allows for the Five to resurrect the 'true' version of a mutant who died there.
    Additionally, I didn't post this there but after thinking about it, I think Rockslide is gonna be pretty key to the Skinjacker case. I don't think its a coincidence that Spike was possessed when he was hanging out around Rockslide....I think Switch/the Skinjacker is using Rockslide as a receptacle for people he body-jumps, due to the passive nature of the current Rockslide.

The thing is, Devon isn't a character who was used much but in his previous stories, his power was well-established and he's not a traditional possession power. Other mutants with possession powers like Nocturne or Malice, they just kinda override the body's normal occupant but their spirit and mind still exists inside their body alongside Malice or TJ's possessing spirit or mind. Same thing with possession telepaths like Karma or the Shadow King....the mind they're overriding with their own psychic control is still present, just...submerged or suppressed.

Devon's body-jumping powers don't work like that though. His name is Switch because he literally switches bodies with whomever he makes eye contact with. His mind goes in their body (and he can use their power, etc), but WHILE he's in their body, their mind goes in HIS body. So previously when he was on a Hellions team with Feral and other randos....when he switched bodies in order to possess, say, a senator, and commit crimes in that body.....somebody had to guard his body to keep the senator from going off and doing something while in Switch's body.

Nowadays Devon seems to be operating solo....so he needs a workaround, to keep the people he switches with from doing stuff in his own body while he's doing stuff in theirs. And I think he's using Rockslide as that workaround. Spike described feeling cold and alone and unable to see....that could have been him not knowing how to process things from inside Rockslide's body/mind....if say, what Devon's doing is switching first with Rockslide, so that Rockslide's mind is in Devon's body....and then from within Rockslide's body, switching with Spike, so that Devon was in Spike's body and Spike was in Rockslide's body. (Its also been established that Devon can multi-switch....his power remains with his mind/brainwaves, no matter what body he's switching FROM, as he's partially a psychic entity independent of what body he's in at any given moment).

But yeah, bottom line....I don't think Rockslide's presence in this particular story is just a random throwaway thing or incidental. I think its gonna prove to be crucial to the Skinjacker storyline, and when combined with Zsen's presence in this story and her powers, I think it might finally lead to the 'true' Rockslide being brought back.