Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    thats fucked up.
    Its a thing people are doing.
    I've seen the same tweet circulating again and again inserting a different character each time.

Incredible Member

As a Venezuelam I would like a Venezuela playing the only venezuelan hero that Marvel has. Jenna Ortega is a gringa so no thanks. We also need positive representation.

Génesis Rodríguez would have been great back in the day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've seen the same tweet circulating again and again inserting a different character each time.
    Apparently they didn't appreciate being called out. I been blocked.

Have they not been paying attention to literally EVERYTHING that has been happening on Social Media the past few years? Stuff like this isn't "just for fun." People repeat what they see on SM without fact-checking it first, and something like this could have potentially serious impacts on things like contract negotiations, etc. IIRC, Nintendo was in talks with Netflix over rights to adapting some of their properties, and the whole thing went belly-up because people on Twitter got hold of it and started reporting all sorts of unsubstantiated rumors.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

You writing for CBR now, Rift? lol

It is great to see Hellion get some love in the 'official' comic media. Sad they didn't include more of the New X-Men in the list, thought.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-who-deserve-a-comeback/
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

My apologies, friends. When I first read it the OP hadn't admitted they made it up yet, and I wasn't aware of the (strange) trend of attributing fake quotes to celebrities. I ran a quick search to find the quote but I don't follow much Hollywood so I figured I could have easily missed it, so I threw in the "apparently." Nonetheless, in lieu of the pit, may I request being chained with Death in Otherworld as punishment? I appreciate you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post

It is great to see Hellion get some love in the 'official' comic media. Sad they didn't include more of the New X-Men in the list, thought.

And he made the header image! Rift, it's working. They're watching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My apologies, friends. When I first read it the OP hadn't admitted they made it up yet, and I wasn't aware of the (strange) trend of attributing fake quotes to celebrities. I ran a quick search to find the quote but I don't follow much Hollywood so I figured I could have easily missed it, so I threw in the "apparently." Nonetheless, in lieu of the pit, may I request being chained with Death in Otherworld as punishment? I appreciate you!
    Attributing fake quotes to public figures is ESPECIALLY problematic.

Seriously, it's not "just" a meme. That could have very real consequences for someone's life and career.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post

Nah, because Hellion's entry would be five times longer than everyone else's. Good list though. I always like checking out these "check out this obscure character!" lists. Aside from Hellion, I'd love to see Slipstream and Jimmy return.

No need to worry, my dude. But I'm all for punishment anyway. You can now write a 2000 essay about how and where Kidogo can get use as a supporting character.

And he made the header image! Rift, it's working. They're watching.
    Every mention is a small victory. Eventually, all those victories will help us win the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Seeing the header image of Nate and Julian brings me back to like 7 years ago when I pitched the "X-Man & Hellion" series LOL
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    No need to worry, my dude. But I'm all for punishment anyway. You can now write a 2000 essay about how and where Kidogo can get use as a supporting character.
    Due to his power, Kidogo could be retconned to have been present in all sorts of scenes, but too small to be seen!

And Alicia Taggart/Cipher was there, too! They've been tagging along with various X-teams for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah I just realized that. I starting seeing a lot more “quotes from Jenna” tweets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Due to his power, Kidogo could be retconned to have been present in all sorts of scenes, but too small to be seen!

And Alicia Taggart/Cipher was there, too! They've been tagging along with various X-teams for years.
    Can't believe Dallas Gibson aka Specter has literally been hiding in the older X-Mens' shadow all this time! That's so meta.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Can't believe Dallas Gibson aka Specter has literally been hiding in the older X-Mens' shadow all this time! That's so meta.
    Next issue on Secret X-Men!

Too bad you can't ever *find* the issues, written in invisible ink on other issues, the story hidden behind the story you're reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Attributing fake quotes to public figures is ESPECIALLY problematic.

Seriously, it's not "just" a meme. That could have very real consequences for someone's life and career.
    As Mahatma Gandhi said, "don't believe every quote you read on the internet".

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Spurrier should write a story about all the times Specter, Kidogo, Cipher, Dummy and Forget-Me-Not saved the day and also fought Carter's invisible friend..
    Last edited by mugiwara; 12-06-2022 at 12:57 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Look at Miss Surge leading the charge on this Ron Lim variant for Bishop: War College #2.