Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Attachment 117511

So it's obviously unlikely to ever happen on panel (with how little we see of Hellion) but do you think Rogue or anyone has though of apologising for the way Hellion took down Karima now she's clearly an antagonist these days.

Would love an on panel acknowledgement from one of the older X-Men in admitting just how badly they messed up the Academy X bunch at some point in the Krakoa era.
    Please the older X-men apologizing for the Academy X kids won't happen cause they made those kids at least the ones that survived into the harden generation. From M Day to Schism and beyond those kids always knew they were cannon fodder under their leadership but yet still they fought on.

If they ever really touched on the Academy X kids there would be a huge difference in mentality between the ones that survived vs the ones that died early on in M Day. Mainly the ones that sided with Cyclops during Schism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Attachment 117511

So it's obviously unlikely to ever happen on panel (with how little we see of Hellion) but do you think Rogue or anyone has though of apologising for the way Hellion took down Karima now she's clearly an antagonist these days.

Would love an on panel acknowledgement from one of the older X-Men in admitting just how badly they messed up the Academy X bunch at some point in the Krakoa era.
    Marvel will never acknowledge how the O5+ screwed up. Especially not while Jordan White is around.

I really want to know what Omega Sentinel thinks of Hellion. Like yeah, she'd probably just dismiss him as an enemy simply because she's human. But maybe there's a part of the original Karima still in there. Maybe she hates him and can push OS towards going after him, since he was able to disable her originally. Y'know, eliminating one of her biggest threats. Or maybe Karima feels sympathy for him because machines took his hands and he "killed" her by her own request, so OS could at least view him as another victim. Maybe she wants to roboticize him via his hands - which might require her cutting off his new hands to replace them. Maybe OS remembers Hellion, decides that she can't hurt his people and leaves Orchis to join his harem. Or maybe she decides to kill Laura, Wind Dancer, the Cuckoos, Surge, and anyone who might be a possible rival so she can have him all to herself.

Either way, I support her in any and all hypothetical scenarios involving Hellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

That's one of those scenes that don't make much sense in light of the retcon, unless the original Karima is indeed still alive somewhere in Omega Sentinel's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    That's one of those scenes that don't make much sense in light of the retcon, unless the original Karima is indeed still alive somewhere in Omega Sentinel's mind.
    I checked the X-Men Monday after Inferno's release. White said that Karima was likely overwritten after X-Men Legacy, but before the start of the Krakoa era.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Please the older X-men apologizing for the Academy X kids won't happen cause they made those kids at least the ones that survived into the harden generation. From M Day to Schism and beyond those kids always knew they were cannon fodder under their leadership but yet still they fought on.
    I will always find the end of Messiah CompleX so strange in regards to the Academy X kids and how the X-Men just sent them off wherever after giving up on the whole school and protection idea. Some of the students were tricked into joining Donald Pierce, Elixir woke up from one of his random comas and was thrown into X-Force, Hellion was left in a hotel room and his family had moved to parts unknown, Mercury was presumably sent back to parents that didn't want her, Surge doesn't even have a home or family in this country to be sent back to, etc. What exactly was the plan here?

Meanwhile, Cyclops and Emma went on a vacation to the Savage Land, then the whole Utopia storyline happens and everyone moves to SF. It feels like more time should have been spent on the breach of trust. O_o

Astonishing Member

Was reminded the other day that background Academy X character Network was named Sarah Vale when invented for Academy X, but later a character with the same codename and power and named Seth Vale showed up in some of the finale Ultimate X-Men storylines. I think it could be cool if rather than just a random writer error or choice to make a minor character a different gender in the Ultimate Universe.....like, maybe both Networks are trans. And the Ultimate Universe Network came out and transitioned as a teenager and thus we got Seth Vale there and the Network in 616 died before they were ready to come out as trans, but might pursue that option now post resurrection. Of course, could be the other way around as well, and some writer could do a story revealing that Sarah Vale is how she identifies but she was AMAB.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Was reminded the other day that background Academy X character Network was named Sarah Vale when invented for Academy X, but later a character with the same codename and power and named Seth Vale showed up in some of the finale Ultimate X-Men storylines. I think it could be cool if rather than just a random writer error or choice to make a minor character a different gender in the Ultimate Universe.....like, maybe both Networks are trans. And the Ultimate Universe Network came out and transitioned as a teenager and thus we got Seth Vale there and the Network in 616 died before they were ready to come out as trans, but might pursue that option now post resurrection. Of course, could be the other way around as well, and some writer could do a story revealing that Sarah Vale is how she identifies but she was AMAB.
    Wasn't her sister Preview a precog? is a shame neither of them has appeared in Krakoa, their powers are very relevant to this era.
    I think both Network and Spectr were some of the depowered kids that didn't die at the bus, the writers just forget them.
    Last edited by Milici; 01-29-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Wasn't her sister Preview a precog? is a shame neither of them has appeared in Krakoa, their powers are very relevant to this era.
    I think both Network and Spectr were some of the depowered kids that didn't die at the bus, the writers just forget them.
    Well according to X-Factor, all the Academy X kids are supposed to be back now, their resurrections were prioritized, and while I think both Vales died on the bus, Specter was one of the depowered kids who didn't....he's been in a couple of background panels though (or at least it was presumably him) so he's presumably back and powered again too. I'd really like him to make an appearance somewhere soon too though - we barely ever got to see his shadow form in action and I've always loved Darkforce powers.

Come on, Marvel, throw us a bone here.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Well according to X-Factor, all the Academy X kids are supposed to be back now, their resurrections were prioritized, and while I think both Vales died on the bus, Specter was one of the depowered kids who didn't....he's been in a couple of background panels though (or at least it was presumably him) so he's presumably back and powered again too. I'd really like him to make an appearance somewhere soon too though - we barely ever got to see his shadow form in action and I've always loved Darkforce powers.
    I could have sworn I read something years ago that Preview wasn't on the bus, even though Network was. Presuming she was still alive, I've wondered since they introduced the Crucible what happened whenever Preview tried to sign up to get her powers back. Pretend they were booked solid for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Come on, Marvel, throw us a bone here.

Rockslide Avengers (2).jpg

So, the New X-Men are already considered X-Men Legends material?

Preview couldn't have been resurrected or repowered (if not dead) until now because of Moira.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think Legacy ends with issue 12, as its no longer published in Feb, March and April
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Preview couldn't have been resurrected or repowered (if not dead) until now because of Moira.
    Yup. And I think it would be interesting to know how they would justify denying Preview (or any non-dead precog) the chance to regain her powers considering Moira's behind-the-scenes rule about precogs. Did they ever give Legion a reason in Way of X for not resurrecting Blindfold? I can't recall one.

Ultimate Member

I kind of hate how the writers seemed to forget the characters they had available at times, and went back and reinvented the wheel. Sarah and Jessica Vale, precognitive and technopath, got pushed back and Blindfold and Trinary pushed forward, at different times, apparently because the writers just plain forgot that the Vale sisters even existed. (This has happened so many times. A half-dozen time manipulating chicklets, Tempus, Tempo, Kiden Nixon, Sway, Lacuna, etc.). Four or five force-field-exoskeleton users (Cecelia Reyes, Skids, Armor, Unuscione, etc.). Multiple daughters of Mastermind with the same powers introduced at different times. A swarm of girls with bug wings. (Angel Salvadore, Pixie, Iolanthe, Butterfly, Sprite, etc.))

So when someone with a relatively unique power shows up, like Specter, with the shadow-form we barely ever saw, it's at least interesting, to me. (Or Indra, back when he turned into a purple pangolin. Once he was changed into just another force-armor/weapon maker like Armor, Unuscione, Psylocke or Quentin, I kind of lost interest. Purple pangolin powers was at least *unique*.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    I could have sworn I read something years ago that Preview wasn't on the bus, even though Network was. Presuming she was still alive, I've wondered since they introduced the Crucible what happened whenever Preview tried to sign up to get her powers back. Pretend they were booked solid for the day?
    I always found it interesting all the sorts of untold stories from the Academy X era. Jessica and Sarah were on different squads, and had different looks (one was more nerdy, the other more goth-y). I imagine that they similarly were *not* roomates, by choice, not because they hated each other, but because they grew up together in the same house, and *both* of them wanted to meet new people and not be stuck together on the same shelf. They were siblings, after all, not clones.

The Cuckoos had the clone thing covered.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-29-2022 at 03:56 PM.