Cerebus
    Loan Sloane
    The Incal
    Grimjack
    Nexus
    Badger
    Stan Lee's 60s work
    New Gods

Many of these it's I want to read more of as I have sampled a volume (or a handful of single issues) or two but haven't gotten around to the rest. Others are just I haven't gotten to yet. An * indicates more of

Lone Wolf and Cub*
    Blake and Mortimer*
    Lt. Blueberry
    American Flagg!
    Echo (Terry Moore)
    Tuki
    Valerian and Laureline*
    Thorgal*
    Corto Maltese*
    Love and Rockets*
    Kirby's Kamandi
    Ms. Tree*
    Nexus*
    Cerebus*
    Incognito
    First Kingdom*
    Wicked & Divine*
    Paper Girls*
    Fables*
    Tintin*
    Asterix*
    Blacksad*
    Concrete*
    IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Gottfiedson's Micky Mouse

I will often sample first volumes of long running series to see if I like them, then stat purchasing volumes as I can get them, reading when I get a chunk of the series put together. For a lot of the European stuff, hoopla has a lot of stuff from Cinebook, so I sample a lot of first volumes to see what I like and then dive deeper into the ones I like when I get a chance. So I have read a volume or two of a lot of "renowned" series to see if I like them and want to do a deep read, but there's so much stuff on my to read list, on top of stuff I want to revisit, that it takes some time for me to come back around to it. I haven't really included anything I haven't at least sampled on the list. Even the stuff without an asterisk, I have at least read a single issue of, or skimmed an extended preview of.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

March Volume 3
    Ex Machina
    Blankets
    Fables
    Brubaker Daredevil
    Kill or be Killed
    Usagi Yojimbo
    Grendel (non Hunter Rose)

Those are books I have read maybe 1 or 2 trades and I want to circle back or they stay on my shelf.

-Saga
    -Anything by Brubaker and Phillips
    -Monstress (I actually read a few issues, but it wasn't enough)
    -Spirou
    -Anything indie written by Mariko Tamaki
    -Far Sector
    -The current TMNT comics, be it the ongoing or a miniseries, like Last Ronin
    -Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I bought the comic book adaptation of Nevermore and Mark Waid's run on DD. I haven't read either yet but I will.

Fantastic Member

I’m 4 years behind on reading my floppies, from divorce and 2 moves. Need to finish Immortal Hulk and dive into the Hickmann X-Men, as well as Nightwing and a few others. I’m dumb and should stop altogether but I’m not quite there yet with comics…I did decide to try reading 3-4 a day to get to that 1000 comics in a year thing, we’ll see…

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    -Saga
    -Anything by Brubaker and Phillips
    -Monstress (I actually read a few issues, but it wasn't enough)
    -Spirou
    -Anything indie written by Mariko Tamaki
    -Far Sector
    -The current TMNT comics, be it the ongoing or a miniseries, like Last Ronin
    -Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
    I've read a few of these in the last couple of months:

-Saga; thank to the Compendium #1. I loved it
    -Brubaker and Phillips: Pulp in hardcover and The Fade In in single issues. I loved both of them. TFI is a clear example on how to do floppies: no ads, only at the end to show more of the tandem's work. Cool articles as extras and a letters page. Amazing
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I might have you all beat for I have a comic that I've wanted to read for 58 years! It's DC Showcase 55 Solomon Grundy's first silver age appearance, I won't go into detail but it had to do with a childhood trauma concerning a stay in hospital when I was 6 years old. I have read thousands upon thousands of comics since but I won't open this one and I don't know why? I should add that at the time I thought Grundy was the Frankenstein monster.
    Last edited by tv horror; 09-04-2022 at 07:49 PM.
    Hail Hydra!