Cerebus
    Loan Sloane
    The Incal
    Grimjack
    Nexus
    Badger
    Stan Lee's 60s work
    New Gods

Many of these it's I want to read more of as I have sampled a volume (or a handful of single issues) or two but haven't gotten around to the rest. Others are just I haven't gotten to yet. An * indicates more of

Lone Wolf and Cub*
    Blake and Mortimer*
    Lt. Blueberry
    American Flagg!
    Echo (Terry Moore)
    Tuki
    Valerian and Laureline*
    Thorgal*
    Corto Maltese*
    Love and Rockets*
    Kirby's Kamandi
    Ms. Tree*
    Nexus*
    Cerebus*
    Incognito
    First Kingdom*
    Wicked & Divine*
    Paper Girls*
    Fables*
    Tintin*
    Asterix*
    Blacksad*
    Concrete*
    IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Gottfiedson's Micky Mouse

I will often sample first volumes of long running series to see if I like them, then stat purchasing volumes as I can get them, reading when I get a chunk of the series put together. For a lot of the European stuff, hoopla has a lot of stuff from Cinebook, so I sample a lot of first volumes to see what I like and then dive deeper into the ones I like when I get a chance. So I have read a volume or two of a lot of "renowned" series to see if I like them and want to do a deep read, but there's so much stuff on my to read list, on top of stuff I want to revisit, that it takes some time for me to come back around to it. I haven't really included anything I haven't at least sampled on the list. Even the stuff without an asterisk, I have at least read a single issue of, or skimmed an extended preview of.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

March Volume 3
    Ex Machina
    Blankets
    Fables
    Brubaker Daredevil
    Kill or be Killed
    Usagi Yojimbo
    Grendel (non Hunter Rose)

Those are books I have read maybe 1 or 2 trades and I want to circle back or they stay on my shelf.

-Saga
    -Anything by Brubaker and Phillips
    -Monstress (I actually read a few issues, but it wasn't enough)
    -Spirou
    -Anything indie written by Mariko Tamaki
    -Far Sector
    -The current TMNT comics, be it the ongoing or a miniseries, like Last Ronin
    -Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I bought the comic book adaptation of Nevermore and Mark Waid's run on DD. I haven't read either yet but I will.

Spectacular Member

I’m 4 years behind on reading my floppies, from divorce and 2 moves. Need to finish Immortal Hulk and dive into the Hickmann X-Men, as well as Nightwing and a few others. I’m dumb and should stop altogether but I’m not quite there yet with comics…I did decide to try reading 3-4 a day to get to that 1000 comics in a year thing, we’ll see…

Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis omnibuses have been sitting in the shelf for a long time looking at me. They are so big that I feel intimidated to start them haha

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis omnibuses have been sitting in the shelf for a long time looking at me. They are so big that I feel intimidated to start them haha
    Final crisis is work (depends on your taste and affinity for Morrison's big ideas and experiments) and some of the non Morrison stuff doesn't feel that essential.
    Infinite crisis is a ton of fun IMO. Reading it it felt like all the tie ins were leading up to the main event. It's probably one of the most well constructed of the big, universe changing events from either of the big 2 (also the follow up 52 was very good as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Final crisis is work (depends on your taste and affinity for Morrison's big ideas and experiments) and some of the non Morrison stuff doesn't feel that essential.
    Infinite crisis is a ton of fun IMO. Reading it it felt like all the tie ins were leading up to the main event. It's probably one of the most well constructed of the big, universe changing events from either of the big 2 (also the follow up 52 was very good as well)
    I’ve heard that about Final Crisis - another reason why I haven’t picked it up. On Infinite Crisis, I read the Identity Crisis TPB and loved it (I know it’s a controversial story…) so I imagine I will like Infinite Crisis. It’s just that I am a slow reader and so I have been putting off these two mammoth omnibuses in favor of smaller collections.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have a few dozen of those sitting around my collections room. Too many to mention.
    Here are some up and comers that are next
    1. Monster of Frankenstein Complete Collection
    2. Nick Fury vs SHIELD
    3. Son of Satan Complete Collection
    4. Deathlok: Rage Against the Machine complete collection (the Jack Truman version, post Collins run)
    5. Midnight Sons collection, various issues
    6. Machine Man Complete Collection

Current Collections Read: Speedball the Complete Collection
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Honestly? Too many to list!

I'd start with all of the unread material stashed away in my storage unit...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I really want to give a proper reply to this, but I have a full-time job so I can't find the 94 hours I need to write that list.

In more general terms though, I read Marvel through MU and I try to restrict my physical buys to series I am already collecting, with the only thing I have a 'no limit' attitude to being Wonder Woman. As a result, my list is dominated by books that are either independent or not established series. For example, Paper Girls is very near the top of the list but buying it doesn't fit my restrictions just now. Stuff like that mostly
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If I had the list of purchased items sitting in my Collections Room I'd write them all down. It must be near 100 books and the "believe it or not" part of that is I used to have to say OVER, 100 books.
    I've been making a dent the last few months since Thanksgiving.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Definitely, my choice would be...

Maus

Spectacular Member

I've been recording my monthly purchases for years and keep a list of titles I've bought and not read yet on the first page. I use it as a way to help me stick to my budget and try to keep the list below 10 if I can.

1. My Favorite Thing is Monsters
    2. Sheriff of Babylon
    3. Umbrella Academy LE 4
    4. Ether LE
    5. Providence Compendium
    6. The Filth
    7. Northlanders
    8. 20th Century Boys 1-12
    9. The Invisibles omnibus
    10. Flash omnibus 3
    11. Hellboy hardcovers x 4

BTW Maus lives up to the hype and is well worth reading.